Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mass Battles- Whose Feared?

ENGYS!!!!!!!!!!

Forget roots, our bots will get stuck on sticks in the ground.

At least with the new sloughing barriers we can survive another 4 seconds before being shipped to reclaim as is our custom. Only if we hide do we have a chance...

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Kel's is nothing to sneeze at but I believe vaguely remember NTs arguing that Volcanic Eruption was better in terms of damage over time because of the near instacast factor. But that was a long time ago and things may have changed since then.
    Depends on the level range of the targets you're using it on really. VE averages around 900 per target on mobs... so only around 450 per on players... and thats 3.7/1.5 (pretty much insta-cast for most people who can use it, so its basically cast as often as the server allows you... not always every 1.5 secs).

Its a QL182 nano (MC >= 836)... thus requiring nearly as much MC as the top commonly used single target nukes.

Couple things that make it not so effective though. Nukes this fast basically override most weapon usage, so the NT is relying completely on nuke damage... and most 100+ healing classes can heal this much just as quickly or more so.

----------

The real factor with AE nukes that most people don't consider in battlefield strategy is that it isn't the single NT doing them that is a threat. Its multiples...

A single NT can be countered fairly easily... after all, nuke damage caps and its always going to take several of them to kill you. If its Kel's, it may hit the cap on many people... but its an 7.5 sec recharge until the next one... that gives most people plenty of time to react. The lower range nukes may hit more often, but they're similar to weapon damage... slow (if steady) accumulation and even more time to react.

With multiple NTs throwing out AEs though, it is possible to get two, three... five... Kel's nukes virtually simultaneously (purely by luck since lag and battlefield reaction times make it next to impossible to coordinate that well). Thats going to toast many people very quickly... even 3 of them spread out over 4 or 5 seconds (pretty likely with a team of 5 NTs and recharge time of 8 secs). Even those it doesn't kill... aren't going to have much time to react before being wiped out: 3 NTs even spread out evenly over recharge time... thats something like 1350 dmg every 2.5 secs.

----------

Jaesic
    172 NT (rk2)

/me cries small tears of joy seeing Traders move down from being Public Enemy #1

So, do you think now is a good time to ask Funcom for an AoE Divest/Plunder nanoline?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Hey Sven, I don't fear j00 I like landing NSD/Dominate on NT's
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

The reason why the high lvl NTs dont use anything else but Kels AoE wise, is the fact that reflect dmg hurts. If you fire off VE at full speed, being 0/1.5 (if the server allows you), you will hit a few people for 400ish damage (mostly less), and in return get hit by up to 1k+ reflect dmg a pop. Again, thats 1k+ damage on you every 1.5 secs

Thats about the only reason why VE is not an option in mass PvP. Kels instead, huge dmg for an area nuke, long recharge time - means you do a lot of damage to a lot of targets, while reflect dmg is bearable.

I'm pretty sure the scariest force would be a team of 1 doc, 1 trader and 4 NTs. Forget that, 1 trader, 5 NTs and they'll send you back to reclaim. Trader area roots, NTs area blind then fire off Kels.

Heres my overall list:

1) NTs (by far)
    2) Traders
    3) Docs/Fixers

And my personal list, taking into account I'm a NT

1) Traders/Fixers/other NTs (area root/debuffs/area snare/area blind/area nuke... they all rank #1 on my list, all equal scary for me)
    2) Docs (damn those init debuffs and heals)
    3) Soldiers/Enforcers (when a soldier/enf dashes at you with his alpha up and you are debuffed and cant nullity, you know the leets hit the fan)

Oh and @ Ntrox: you know there might be some NTs out there that you can dominate all day with no loss on dmg output

Rav

Oh and @ Ntrox: you know there might be some NTs out there that you can dominate all day with no loss on dmg output
    Maybe, but an NSD or CoC usually stops them in their tracks long enough for me to get the edge. Bear in mind I am not a Nanomage, but an Atrox in full Tank etc with an X-3. I can take and give a bit more than the average MP
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

One great thing about fixer in NW is that we can be the best at defending towers as long as its our Org base. First of all, in ga mk4 we get 50% root resist + another 50% root resist from controller, this mean that the only thing that can stop us is a brawl or a stun. Next, even if were defeated, we can comeback in less than 30 seconds because were able to evac and take the grid shortcut to controller in a matter of seconds. Last but not the least, area snares, you know you like them

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123