Thread: Pets.

Pets.

If you initiate an attack on a tower with your pet, the attacked guild does not get a message until the tower in question goes down - at which point the owner of that tower is notified. If the majority of people in your guild happen to be offline, you may not have a clue as to what's going on until half your base is in ruin. Several guilds have already fallen victim to this.

It's simple, it's lame, and it needs to be fixed - imho.

Same it's been used repeatedly against RHD by pet class folks that know no one will know they're there until they've atleat dropped a few towers.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Yes the same crat has been using this exploit to attack our base every day for about 7 days straight now.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

A certain group of people have been using this against my guild a couple of times as well. The clan won't know about the attack until a tower whose owner is online at the time is blown up, and by that time half the base could be gone. Really cheap if you ask me.

Wow, I didn't know about this. I've been playing a pet class for a while now, but haven't attacked any towers yet. They should fix this, I wouldn't want to be labeled an exploiter because of something that is essentially broken in the first place.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

I also noticed tonight that a pet could be sent in to attack towers and with the owner still in 75% gas, no one could attack the pet or owner, IIRC.
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

I've experienced the same issue, had a few towers destroyed by an omni engi, and nobody knew about it until one of my online members got the message that her tower was destroyed. The engi who was attacked was guildless, yet didn't get the ** next to her name to be flagged for pvp. Luckily she came close enough that we could kill her. Then she said she was gonna get her main haha. Anyway, I petitoned about it and spoke to GM Blueoffset2, he said he was reporting it to the exploit department. Hopefully something will get done about it very soon.

Originally posted by Trellame
    I also noticed tonight that a pet could be sent in to attack towers and with the owner still in 75% gas, no one could attack the pet or owner, IIRC.
    Well this was fixed in beta (pet went into 'behind' mode if owner moved out of PvP zone) so this has managed to creep back in somehow
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Trellame
    I can verify this too, a tactic used by the same person exploiting the no messages going out bug.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Sad... very sad. This really needs to be fixed - both the gas thing, and the notifications/state of war thing.

Until then, Exploit Wars.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.