Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Omni-Tek

Thank you Omni-Tek

Logged on today and asked the question "anything interesting happening atm?"

The reply came back "Omni in Camelot".

'Omni in Camelot?' that didn't seem possible, so I rushed over to see which Omni it was that decided to stand at the top of the stairs and watch us clanners disappear through the magic door.

When I got there it turned out there were more than one Omni!! Yes, it's true! There were 3 or 4 of them up top. Quickly I raced down to the box in the hopes these few Omnis had more coming and were going to make a push on us. As I hit the end of the hallway, the 'wall of lag' set in as players in the box room loaded to screen.

To my complete amazement, the dots loading up on the map were not yellow, they were blue!! That's right! Another 20-30 Omnis had taken over the box room!!

The battle between Clan and Omni started on the stairs, people shooting back and forth from both sides. As Clan pushed Omni into the box and bunch of us were at the bottom of the stairs, some waited for alpha to recycle before jumping in front of the door and letting of some rounds. Others took this time to let off some debuffs, drains and Domninates. Pets were going back and forth, slayers and demons. The action was intense.

Finally, enough Omnis dropped that clan was able to enter the box room and get a better look at our newly revived foe. As their spirits broke, Omni retreated in haste to Tara's chamber. The chase was on with both sides have run speeds fully buffed. Omni ran into the chamber and drew a line, Clan hit the door and dared to cross it. The battle errupted again with clanners coordinating properly on same targets. Quickly the Omnis were dropped as Clan broke into Tara's chamber and cleared out the blue dots.

To Sublim and his people in AdastrusII and all the other Omni-Tek employees that came to try the impossible, many thanks to you all. This was some of the best fun we have had yet!!
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

If only we could get the people to keep doing it. Even more people would be better, so at least we'd have a chance. Omni are the losing side on RK2, and its kinda sad. I guess all the loot whores went clan side to pick up the Tara loot.

I personally love doing Tara, its much better than the tower battles. The tower battles are all open ground with very little to hide behind. Tara is about positioning as well as straight out fighting. I love it.

who needs the loot? who cares about tara? the Dungeon of lag... most items dropped inside is crap... HPOC is junk, looks cool but junk, dragon armor sucks... only thing worth the trobble is body... i know dragon armor "rulez" in some aspects, but why bother do a whiny ride, when there is no chance what so ever to decide how too split loot etc.. the damn loot aint that good... ooo i forgot, EOT drops there roflmao, but who needs it? we got QB/EQB now... or the Rod... good weapons too, so omni dont even bother tara atm... (RK2) to much crap and waist of time...

OoooO jet another Padded coat... ohh well, the Web cloack is just as good ;D

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

If it hadn't been for the 50+ clanners wanting a piece of Omni arse, we would have stood a chance
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

It was a fun fight. Wish we'd been able to get enough people to make a better stand of it. As it is, omni can only get 30ish people to come, clan get 60+. As omni die, clanners get into the correct GS. So every omni death is permanent in that playfield.

Kind of a shame.

Still, that was a fun fight. Lasted a good while. Don't know how many NTs you guys had breaking the box room, but those AoEs were brutal.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

posted by Desperad0

who cares about tara?
    /me points to the name of the forum
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

ah, to die in the box room . . . its been too long almost forgot how much fun T can be
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Originally posted by Desperad0
    who needs the loot? who cares about tara? the Dungeon of lag... most items dropped inside is crap... HPOC is junk, looks cool but junk, dragon armor sucks... only thing worth the trobble is body... i know dragon armor "rulez" in some aspects, but why bother do a whiny ride, when there is no chance what so ever to decide how too split loot etc.. the damn loot aint that good... ooo i forgot, EOT drops there roflmao, but who needs it? we got QB/EQB now... or the Rod... good weapons too, so omni dont even bother tara atm... (RK2) to much crap and waist of time...

OoooO jet another Padded coat... ohh well, the Web cloack is just as good ;D
    What a sad, lonely little man you must be. I imagine you're the type who would clean Tara of loot for yourself, then say "Bah, I'm not going anymore, theres no loot for me.". Are you that type of person? I bet you are. And then when you get to the end, and you have all the best loot, you'll look around and wonder why you're all alone.

Personally, the chance of getting loot at Tara is so small, I don't even think about it. If I get something, great! If I don't, I had a hell of a time anyway. And isn't that what its about? Having fun? I think the Clan vs Omni fight at Tara is the best fun I have on AO. Towers are boring, Missions are repetitive, but that is great. Its a shame you don't want to be a part of it, because you can't get any presents at the end.

Oh, don't forget to send Santa your letter this year, you don't want to be without this Christmas.

I hate it when I miss good PvP at Tara. :/

Damn exams, anyways.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Then you should come to RK1, we totally destroyed clan all 4 GS's tonight. When just rock....what can I say?
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Ahh yeah that was great, they were utterly annihilated =)

Lightbulb Hmm...

I need to start joining in on this Tarasque stuff.
    Sounds like fun...
    at least compared to lag you have to beat to death with a plastic spoon to get to a mission in BS.

Plen

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by ego
    I need to start joining in on this Tarasque stuff.
    Sounds like fun...
    at least compared to lag you have to beat to death with a plastic spoon to get to a mission in BS.

Plen
    Tarasque lag pwns BS lag. Hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Re: Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Chuck

Tarasque lag pwns BS lag. Hands down.
    Nerf Tarasque Lag!
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Question

omg omni at tara. Are we still doing this? I've had much fun every time attending, but it's just so long since I've heard about any effort at all.. and with the adrastus nice rolly thingy and all, I thought it had revived.. but that was long ago too :\
    Roland "Fingathing" Bunke 208 NT - on vacation
    Peter "Finga1337" Parker 214.16 Adv - My Equip

Rubi-ka 2

Darn I musta missed that one too, I haven't seen omni at tara since my first raid keep coming omni!!
    Layartic - I have no fear of falling but I hate hitting the ground!!
    Sunebam - What you want me to heal too!!??
    Shatterstarr - Just kinda relaxing to let your pets work!

And a few other toons of no notable mention yet

Originally posted by Majikall

What a sad, lonely little man you must be. I imagine you're the type who would clean Tara of loot for yourself, then say "Bah, I'm not going anymore, theres no loot for me.". Are you that type of person? I bet you are. And then when you get to the end, and you have all the best loot, you'll look around and wonder why you're all alone.

Personally, the chance of getting loot at Tara is so small, I don't even think about it. If I get something, great! If I don't, I had a hell of a time anyway. And isn't that what its about? Having fun? I think the Clan vs Omni fight at Tara is the best fun I have on AO. Towers are boring, Missions are repetitive, but that is great. Its a shame you don't want to be a part of it, because you can't get any presents at the end.

Oh, don't forget to send Santa your letter this year, you don't want to be without this Christmas.

/me slaps Spook

Read what he's saying Spook Read insidia's post somewhere else on this board. Ask yourself if its fun merely being a punching bag (as it is for some with a 70K+ constant ping down there). Add in all the whining and *****ing.

You don't fight in Camelot to get loot, you fight to.....fight. Not all wanna do that - so let them play the game their way.

If you want loot, you do it like the clanners do - fill up the playfield and start milking away.

But yup, Camelot fights are fun..but all the whining and *****ing from the peeps on the chats being used just ain't worth it at present.

But your free to start organizing some raids
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Thumbs up

YAY Omni at Tara Great ... hope it become a litle more recuring visit and i shure hope the best to the omni side and hope you get to get the honor of taking down Tarasque. Sins that is the objective.

Remember Teamwork is the keyword. Lone wolfes style never work.

To bad i missed that fight but ill hope ill be at next one. I dont mind loosing The raid as long as it Is a fight to the death going on for it.

// Marlark, Velvet President, Clan

If Omni ever wants to muster for another Tara run on Rimur, shoot me a tell. Vertego is the name, being a NT is my claim. Been wanting to go see what the fuss was all about, however as I've heard it, omni have given up on Tara since all the omni loot hores went Clan.

Vertego

Re: Thank you Omni-Tek

Originally posted by Armaklaesy
    Logged on today and asked the question "anything interesting happening atm?"

The reply came back "Omni in Camelot".

'Omni in Camelot?' that didn't seem possible, so I rushed over to see which Omni it was that decided to stand at the top of the stairs and watch us clanners disappear through the magic door.

When I got there it turned out there were more than one Omni!! Yes, it's true! There were 3 or 4 of them up top. Quickly I raced down to the box in the hopes these few Omnis had more coming and were going to make a push on us. As I hit the end of the hallway, the 'wall of lag' set in as players in the box room loaded to screen.

To my complete amazement, the dots loading up on the map were not yellow, they were blue!! That's right! Another 20-30 Omnis had taken over the box room!!

The battle between Clan and Omni started on the stairs, people shooting back and forth from both sides. As Clan pushed Omni into the box and bunch of us were at the bottom of the stairs, some waited for alpha to recycle before jumping in front of the door and letting of some rounds. Others took this time to let off some debuffs, drains and Domninates. Pets were going back and forth, slayers and demons. The action was intense.

Finally, enough Omnis dropped that clan was able to enter the box room and get a better look at our newly revived foe. As their spirits broke, Omni retreated in haste to Tara's chamber. The chase was on with both sides have run speeds fully buffed. Omni ran into the chamber and drew a line, Clan hit the door and dared to cross it. The battle errupted again with clanners coordinating properly on same targets. Quickly the Omnis were dropped as Clan broke into Tara's chamber and cleared out the blue dots.

To Sublim and his people in AdastrusII and all the other Omni-Tek employees that came to try the impossible, many thanks to you all. This was some of the best fun we have had yet!!

lol dude grats u guys beat a bunch of guys maybe half ur number or even less ,, forget ot we just dont have the numbers if we even where as many then : ) u wouldnt say this silly things now ,,,,,,

/shout pooooooooo pooo Clammies poo pooooooooooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast