Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why are roots so powerful?

Roots should break in one shot.

I generally die in combat when rooted, so I can't run away.

Being rooted, taking shots, but still not being able to break them isn't fun.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Originally posted by Insida
    If you got over 900 NR and you go full def, root with have something like 70% chance of resisting. I dont care if FC nerf my root, I only use them to keep ppl from runing away, but dont touch my snare tho.
    Only if the opponent is using a crappy root far below his/her level, now that they are based on the requirements of the nanos (as I suggested)... but making them break 1 in every 10 or so hits is a bit.. stupid.

And littleza, yes, nurf engies

~Chris

roots worked fine before patch. even with being able to break them with a debuff i was able to kill ma's and enf's with my nanotech using root/nuke.

roots/snares as they are now are simply too powerfull.

Nerf CHAIN casting

What I find incredibly annoying is that resisting roots\snares\drains\etc is pointless, because even if you should be so lucky as to resist one, the one that comes 2 secs afterwards will probably land.

Leave it like it is, but when I have resisted the root from Ubergafixer I would like that to be the final word for a while, say 20 min or so.

What I mean is, make it so that you can try the root or whatever ONCE, and if you fail you (and by fail I mean target resisted, not it got interrupted, or you moved, or whatever) can't try again for
    20 min or so.

That would actualy make NR quite valuable, and would mean that the GA fixers, traders and others would actually have to work for a living, at least some of the time.

I play as pistolero adv, so I'm not the hardest hit by roots, but a sitting duck is a sitting duck...
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

20 minutes is a bit long. 10-20 seconds sounds better. Yes, I agree that it's 100% retarded that roots recharge so damned fast.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

ARrrghhh aaaggrrrrgghhh aghahrehhh.

Originally posted by Jankkar
    Majority of the non-root and melee prof's can kill fast with good specials , for example,

Enforcer - dont need to say why u already know,
    Adv - Fast weapons with good damage and Dimach.
    MA - Bow = 2.5kish Aimed Shot if lucky (lands pretty often, Sheen , crit brawl 1.5kish and ofcorce dimach again 2.2k+ (fair enough this mght be seem rre but its happend to me many times)
    and what about the pet professions with the worst weapons skills in the game?

don't tell me to start another profession please, why should i?

MP - get a secondary weapon skill and hope for a lucky kill (luck is your only way of winning)

Crat - The new init debuff is welcome but again, just give me some thing that can disable the main weapon of 9 professions in the game in PvP then i'd be balanced

Engi - I'll say no more, anyone who thinks this profession has any chance in PvP is a moron.

Argue as much as you like about PvP balance but from the perspective of a pet profession i think you all have it better than us. I think the arguement for making pets invunrable from any nano is as strong as the arguement about traders debuffs raping every profession in the game. No one likes having the reason they played a profession taken away from them, for what ever reason. FC you are incompetant, i can think of no other word. I know how to design, i know how development works and all i can say is, yes you are doing the best you can but its not balanced. you have managed to create a very frustrating game for 50% of the players who chooses Pet professions ( ok i made that up, flame if you will but it still something thats effects me) currently don't fit into your narrow perception of PvP. clearly you don't have a clue what your doing, hell thats normal for the games industry. What gets me though is the blind ignorance to follow your vision of a game which no one wants to play. Personally i see you moving toward creating the nemisis wars, a game in which every profession can dominate one other profession but no other? please tell me i'm wrong. Work arounds are the only way to develop this game, you have no other way of dealing with it (being too small and way too inexperienced as a dev team). You won't quit, nor should you, but i think you should address the issue of roots, and pets/melee.

I'll shut up completely when i get the nano to disable any mechcanical object within 40m of me for 20 minutes (i.e. no guns work fullstop) and any profession realing on guns have to use there dark blue skills to compete in PvP. That to me isn't fair but is on par with any pet profession in the game. i don't except any Fixer, Trader, Soilder, Enforcer, Doctor or any none pet profession to care, they shouldn't anyway, its not there problem. I don't want a nerf to anyone, don't take, just give. My solution to this is make roots not work on pets/ or give every pet profession the ability to render the main ability of every other profession completely usless in PvP. Ok that will piss them off, hell i can understand that, but then at least they know how we feel. (ok that was bitter and not really a solution

As for a realistic solution ( the one stated above was a joke really, it won't happen) i have no idea, as do you FC, otherwise you would have adderssed it by now. All i ask is you look again at your vision of PvP and how you think each profession should do. Please tell me if you think the MP/any pet profession isn't design for PvP in mind and i'll cancel my account right away, i mean why else would someone bother leveling in this game anyway?

One final note, this is a personal rant, perhaps i don't know what i'm talking about and i'll be corrected by the more experinced PvP pet professionals out there, please do as i'm always willing to listen to others.
    The sleeper must awaken.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234