Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are roots so powerful?

Originally posted by MuCephi
    Enforcer Gods??? I wonder exactly what people who say this have been smoking because its obvious they have no concept of reality. Enf are AO's pvp punching bags and anyone that says different doesnt have the slightest concept of what they are talking about. ENF are the WORST pvp proffession PERIOD.
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=202264
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=164076

'Nuff said.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Originally posted by Snublefot
    roots or snares, same ****
    Not really, snares last a hell of a lot longer and require plenty more Free Movement stims to get rid of them.

Gah!

Please don't estimate a professions relative PvP strenght by making reference to some unique weapon that takes the coordinated effort of 30 players to get!

Gah!

Miqlo
    Greetz & Leetz,
    Miqlo
    Squad Commander of Ragnarok!
    Miqlo by Mr.Fli

Please don't estimate a professions relative PvP strenght by making reference to some unique weapon that takes the coordinated effort of 30 players to get!
    Welcome to high level anarchy online.

Not really, snares last a hell of a lot longer and require plenty more Free Movement stims to get rid of them.
    Diffrence of beeing run over by a 10t tank instead of a 60t tank. Result is the same.

ya the good classes whine the most

OK go ahead nerf roots...lets see us crats (the ultimate uber pvp profession with it that ppl fear!)

charm line 1.. useless in pvp situation
    charm line 2.. same
    fear line.. useless
    no buffs
    mez/calm useless
    sure now throw in roots too

ya, i might as well only fight engineers cause there is no way of beating any other class even as is now.

You know what the problem is? All you folks think inside a box. The box is SOLO PVP. Maybe grouping with a crat who has unroot and a doc for heals can save your life while rooted? Classes are supposed to depend on each other. This is not Quake. Go play DAOC and come back and learn to PvP in a group and stop crying!

I find its always the uber PvP classes that whine the loudest. Why cause they dont want to group with oither classes to help them out. Perhaps that attitude will change with NW.

Somhow i doubt it.
    Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

Actually Romble, one of the major turn-offs to mass PvP at the moment is a fixer/crat AoE snaring 40 people at the same time, making everyone's but enforcer's runspeed -500.

~Chris

Best area snare is -1550 Runspeed. The only reason why fixers use this is because its basicly our only good attack nano with roots. Give us a good debuff and Im pretty sure the number of casted area snare will drop by half if not more.

Originally posted by Insida
    Best area snare is -1550 Runspeed. The only reason why fixers use this is because its basicly our only good attack nano with roots. Give us a good debuff and Im pretty sure the number of casted area snare will drop by half if not more.
    Yeah, so we all can be hit with something even worse.

I dunno why more roots aren't timed like mine. 5 second duration and 10 second recharge. Sure mine stuns too, but hey, it's cuz we metas are super duper evil powerful and all that stuff, right? Right?! Stop laughing guys, I'm going to cry.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I give you my root and snare for 5 sec Stun nano anytime. Atleast it doesnt break..

I give you my root and snare for 5 sec Stun nano anytime. Atleast it doesnt break..

And neither does roots/snares, and that is sort of the core of the problem. More often than not it takes 10+ shots to break a root theese days. :/ If they broke as quickly as they used to I think people would be happy, even if their ability to break them themself has been nerfed.

If there was no root, ppl would simply run away without stopping and we could never kill them.. They do break and very easily. Sometime, one or 2 shots are enough. If they dont break its because your either very unlucky or someone is chain casting them and they will run out of nano pool quite fast if you got maxed NR and your full def, trust me on this. Root disable everyone, even the ppl who can cast root. I like the way they are.

Originally posted by Jankkar
    I like this, now us traders can cast plunder and heal a little without having to chain root all you runers.

As if traders werent ALREADY way way way overpowed in PvP.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

If there was no root, ppl would simply run away without stopping and we could never kill them.. They do break and very easily. Sometime, one or 2 shots are enough. If they dont break its because your either very unlucky or someone is chain casting them and they will run out of nano pool quite fast if you got maxed NR and your full def, trust me on this. Root disable everyone, even the ppl who can cast root. I like the way they are.

Have you played AO since 14.7?

~Chris

If there was no root, ppl would simply run away without stopping and we could never kill them
    And thats from the fixer huh? So what about the players that dont have roots? Perhaps we could just stand there and watch you run away? The few times I've PvPed against fixers, they shure didn't stand, and mostly outside my range even without snares... The only purpose of roots is to hold someone in nomansland to gank them. And again, if I full implant NR I gimp my heals, and the one remaining reason to be in NW PvP for an adventurer is backup healing. What did you sacrifice to use roots/snares? 1s of your attack?

Maybe grouping with a crat who has unroot and a doc for heals can save your life while rooted?
    So thats the role of melee users? To be someone that the crat can use its root breaker on??? I feel so much better... I'm a damage dealer that can't get close enough to do damage, and a backup healer that need to be healed... Hurray. The crat can get me free so I can get rooted again in 3 seconds...

what i love about it is that there reason for not having charms work in pvp was it was no fun for players to be helpless in pvp.
    hmm isnt that what i am now?
    CTHULUTEK 211 mp..bringing the eldar gods closer to youre neighborhood..
    Dustynova 205 engie
    face it pong is the only totally balanced pvp
    The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world,and its sound is like razors through flesh.you can hear its faint echo right now. I'm here to turn up the volume. To press the stinking face of humanity into the dark blood of its own secret heart.

You can break roots and snares yourself tho - only took me 5 mins of shooting at a QL 250 controller and allmost getting killed by it a few times as well to get rid of a 30 MINUTES AREA SLOW!

And the reason why Muce is whining is becaues he got whooped over and over trying to defend Ecodisasters base (take my hat off Muce, you did come back quite a few times for a beating).

But roots are teh root to all evilah!

oh yeah - Nerf Chris! ....errr nerf engies!
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

If you got over 900 NR and you go full def, root with have something like 70% chance of resisting. I dont care if FC nerf my root, I only use them to keep ppl from runing away, but dont touch my snare tho.

If you got over 900 NR and you go full def, root with have something like 70% chance of resisting. I dont care if FC nerf my root, I only use them to keep ppl from runing away, but dont touch my snare tho.
    My alpha been touched, why not your snares ? o and please lemme touch your snares cmon !!!
    Infamine 200 soljah

If there was no root, ppl would simply run away without stopping and we could never kill them..
    I never thought to read that from a fixer with evac/gridspace freedom.
    Pangur, lv200 Ranger of Axis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast