Choppem - Atrox Enforcer
    Nukethem- Atrox NT

Socializer 60%
    Explorer 60%
    Achiever 46%
    Killer 33%

Originally posted by Choppem
    So Enfs do 1.5k every 3 sec....Cool

Actually it's more like every 2 seconds whiled FoBed, but, yea.

~Chris

Post hehe

Fear not there is an solution to theese pesky roots :

NERF Engis

its logical you see, im sure Chris will agree with me that its a good solution
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Re: hehe

Originally posted by Cyberbob

NERF Engis

Major bump for this fix idea!

~Chris

Personally I would like to see more root resistance for MA's they are gimped enough as it is, As a Fixer it isnt really fun to dual any melee class, Cept enforcer now MA cant do crap (Unless they use bow, They will still do crap anyway).
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

MA's arent the only gimped ones, adv's got nothin either
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Don't forget teh uber engies!

~Chris

Roots do *not* break easily, that is why people are complaining. If roots broke after being hit 1 or 2 times like they used to, then I don't think anyone would mind them as much. But right now I find myself being hit 10 times or more without the root breaking.

Sure, some professions got root breakers, but except for the enforcers, theese were all given to rooters themself. Isn't that convenient?

And if roots are the only way to kill anyone before they run off, I guess that says a little about how screwed non rooters are then?

Originally posted by Jankkar
    Majority of the non-root and melee prof's can kill fast with good specials , for example,

Enforcer - dont need to say why u already know,
    Adv - Fast weapons with good damage and Dimach.
    MA - Bow = 2.5kish Aimed Shot if lucky (lands pretty often, Sheen , crit brawl 1.5kish and ofcorce dimach again 2.2k+ (fair enough this mght be seem rre but its happend to me many times)
    It's quite not fast enough to killl that fixer or agent before it roots you and run away to shoot you...

And as Wal said, we can heal only for a very limited amount of time when rooted. Healing doesn't help if we cannot get any chance of hitting our opponent.

I never really pvped before NW, and now that I do, well I get my ass handed to me 100% of the time against rooting prof.

There's clearly a balancing problem there. I understand that some profs needs the root to be competitive, but there's quite a difference between being competitive and being unkillable.

an interesting twist to the question would be:

What makes melee'rs so powerful that it warrants effective roots?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Enforcer Gods??? I wonder exactly what people who say this have been smoking because its obvious they have no concept of reality. Enf are AO's pvp punching bags and anyone that says different doesnt have the slightest concept of what they are talking about. ENF are the WORST pvp proffession PERIOD.

Insida. Adv might be fast when dealing damage, but those hits are not very hard. Its fast and low damage. Anyone know that slow and high damage is better for PvP. Even better when you have fast and high damage weapons like the recent released to the game.

To put it this way, in PvP, anyone and his brother run around with reflects and damage shields. I most often deal more damage to myself then I do to my opponent

Why are roots so powerful
    Because they last too long. Even roots that break on 1 hit would be pretty powerfull against a melee user. Resist works in the rooters favour even with 95% resist of roots... A more sensible solution would be a defense nano that pulses every xx seconds to clear any root.

The other reason is that there is always a rooter present. Melee users are left pretty voulnerable in NW PvP. Because of range your in front, and when in front you'll be the first to take shots and debuffs... Roots on top of that is just overkill. (I want a warp nano, so I can warp that rooter close to me )

im an adv, i have no problem killing most of the rooter proffs 1vs1(exept traders).
    The problems is :

1: They last too long: 3 clanners managed to kill me with only rooting me twice. Thats like 4k dmg per root.

2: When i am winning in a duel, they root and run.

3: I enter combat with a rooter in pvp zone. He roots me and runs and gets backup. Im rooted for 1min while he gets healed, buffed up and comes back with 10 others.

Imo the problem with roots is mostly lame gameplay and the long duration.
    Sergio "Karill" Marinos

Originally posted by Insida
    Heh Im so happy that drains dont affect me. I cant even root when im debuffed. Oh and my armor is 50% OE with 1k AC - 50NCU and -150 NR. Spare me the 'Dont wear GA crap' please because I need to find a way to block those 1500 damage every 3 seconds that enforcers do on me.

This is not true as not ever enforcer uses a QB.
    I will, I have always wanted to but...what happens if you go full defence vs a non special heavy weapon? Do they *miss*?

Infact going full defence while there FOB is still up maybe?

And dont you use GAII? Or did you find the IV you was lookin for?
    And when did debuffing remove the amount of NCU you gain? Last time I played a fixer with ga it stayed the same.

Just as when MK1/MK2 armor went OE and the ncu stayed the same.

Unless they NERFED something again.

Originally posted by MuCephi
    Enforcer Gods??? I wonder exactly what people who say this have been smoking because its obvious they have no concept of reality. Enf are AO's pvp punching bags and anyone that says different doesnt have the slightest concept of what they are talking about. ENF are the WORST pvp proffession PERIOD.
    Some evidence/reasoning to back this up would be great.

For the record, I Don't Believe You
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by MuCephi

Originally posted by Shatai

Some evidence/reasoning to back this up would be great.

For the record, I Don't Believe You
    LOL Shatai

For the record i think this guy is using stunbaton in combo with pistol. I can feel his pain all the way over here

bump

Originally posted by Cyberbob
    LOL Shatai

For the record i think this guy is using stunbaton in combo with pistol. I can feel his pain all the way over here
    Except that I don't think you can dual a melee and ranged weapon any more.

Perhaps he's only using store-bought weapons? And I'm not talking about the weapons available from their new vendor, Tsunayoshi Smith or whatever he's called. I'm talking about from the terminals in the Basic/Advanced/Superior Shops.

Yes, of course, that must be it!
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast