Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are roots so powerful?

Why are roots so powerful?

Well? They don't break. Period.

I got hit 10 times and a root didn't break. The root was a five minute one so it took the freemovement stims 4 ticks (20 seconds) to take it off.

Why do melee classes have to be completey crippled against 5 classes? (except the godlike enforcer, anyway.) It makes no sense to me. Then again I've always been a bit on the dumb side.

~Chris

PS: Before you go on saying "but that's our only defense", it's your "only defense that works 100% of the time"
    PPS: Before you say "raise NR you fruit", I have maxed NR, tripple implanted (yea, the head implant too), 2x Fractured Sanitys (from Neleb) and 2x Notum Focus (+40 NR).

yep
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Re: Why are roots so powerful?

Originally posted by Megabio
    PPS: Before you say "raise NR you fruit", I have maxed NR, tripple implanted (yea, the head implant too), 2x Fractured Sanitys (from Neleb) and 2x Notum Focus (+40 NR).
    Wow! You ain't screwing around! What kinda NR does that equal out to?
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Slighthand
    You are correct Coming from a rooting class I can say unequivically that melees are screwed when it comes to roots (except, as you said, the new gods, enforcers).

The big problem however, is that if you remove roots or put it back to the way things were (roots breaking on one hit or players using general debuffs to break them) that the rooting classes will be owned by the melees.

It's a complete all or nothing problem at this point. Either rooters win, or melees win depending upon the game mechanics at the given time. This is a problem that I, myself haven't thought up a solution to, so you KNOW that FC is hell and gone from figuring it out themselves.

Re: Re: Why are roots so powerful?

Originally posted by Demonsguile

Wow! You ain't screwing around! What kinda NR does that equal out to?
    980ish (on full agg I resist about 1/15 roots and full def I resist about 1/5 roots)

~Chris

It's not like rooting classes rely 100% on their roots anyway. This whole thing about rooters being screwed if roots go back the way they were doesn't really hold.

I like this, now us traders can cast plunder and heal a little without having to chain root all you runers.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Alot of proffessions have root breaker nano. Crat got the best and NT got some good ones too. Without roots, we could probly never be able to kill anybody in this game because we cant shoot while runnin. Another thing is that root are by no way an offencive weapon like nuke and debuffs. They are meant to stop you moving, either to distabilize you or to let the rooter run away. Root break easily. Sometime you can ge unlucky too..
    I have 925 NR and full def, I cant even root myself unless I use my very best root which cost 650 nano points and a recharge time of 4seconds. So if you resist it while Im chasing you, Ill probly wont be able to catch you unless I run alot faster than you. Root are mainly used to be able to kill someone because it can be so easy to run away in this game. But roots cannot be used to kite melee fighters because they cost too much and break way too often. Enforcers can break root with Rage, Adv are simply disabled from moving, they can still heal. MA are disabled too but they can use their bow so they are not so harmless. The only rooters you should worry about are fixers because its the only attack nano they got so they will use it quite often. NT's cant just chain root you because they wont be able to nuke at the same time, the same for crat. Traders drains recharge time is 6 seconds, thats plenty of time to use your stim, root breaker nano and go full def and run away incase the root hasnt broken after the drain.

Originally posted by Insida
    Adv are simply disabled from moving, they can still heal.
    But we can't do any damage (melee) nor break it in a resonable time. There is currently zero chance for us to kill a rooting profession, but for them we are easy kills because our nano pool is limited. Another point is that if I get rooted/snared usually everyone starts to shoot at me and this is something I can't outheal.

Roots/snares should break when I am taking damage like in PvM.
    Pangur, lv200 Ranger of Axis

Cool hum

quote insida :
    MA are disabled too but they can use their bow so they are not so harmless.

/quote

So you are saying most ranged root professions dont have the ability to outrange a bow ma/ outdmg a bow ma?

And why is it that most of the root breaker nanos enf up in the hands of ranged root professions, are sombody at funcom completely insane.

Omg i sure would like to take myself a lil trip down at fc hq and tell them something about what pvp is.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Re: hum

Originally posted by Cyberbob
    quote insida :
    MA are disabled too but they can use their bow so they are not so harmless.

/quote

So you are saying most ranged root professions dont have the ability to outrange a bow ma/ outdmg a bow ma?

And why is it that most of the root breaker nanos enf up in the hands of ranged root professions, are sombody at funcom completely insane.

Omg i sure would like to take myself a lil trip down at fc hq and tell them something about what pvp is.
    Lets see how really got the root free nanos are because i seem i cant use one above ql130 selfbuffed. not even implanted.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Post yeah hajk

youre right theese antiroot nanos aint too effective, tested them with my fixer.

anyway i think giving the rooters antiroot is a bit insane
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Used in conjunction with Free Movement stims they could work well enough, I would think..

For example, if someone was using the rootLeisourly Interrigation, which lasts 5 minutes, and we could use Writ of Passage (-124 to root), in conjunction with Free Movement Stims (-5 seconds for ql 125 one), then you get about 50 per second decrease of roots. So, you'd need about 7 seconds to get rid of the root. This is still 3 seconds greater than the recharge time of the root, and at the same time being subject to nano-pool problems, etc

An alternative to the rooting issue that, whenever you are hit (debuff nano BY OPPONENT, or via weapon, etc.) then the root is "recast" (but the time stays the same.) It "recasts" it using your NanoResist * 2. If you have high nanoresist, this would give you a good chance of breaking it when it hits you, but people with low NR still suffer.
    ~Chris

Adv are simply disabled from moving, they can still heal.

cant heal when your rooted blinded snared drained and laying down to take a nap
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Without roots, we could probly never be able to kill anybody in this game because we cant shoot while runnin.

Root are mainly used to be able to kill someone because it can be so easy to run away in this game.
    Ahh... so by your logic every profession should have roots...

Majority of the non-root and melee prof's can kill fast with good specials , for example,

Enforcer - dont need to say why u already know,
    Adv - Fast weapons with good damage and Dimach.
    MA - Bow = 2.5kish Aimed Shot if lucky (lands pretty often, Sheen , crit brawl 1.5kish and ofcorce dimach again 2.2k+ (fair enough this mght be seem rre but its happend to me many times)
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

When your rooted, drained, snared blinded and init debuffed, the only proffession that can still do something about it are Enforcers(rage) and fixers(evac). So being affected by so many nano is very bad for everyone. Antiroot nano aint that good, mostly the fixer one, but its better to cast them than do nothing and stand there. Everyone is affected by root, not just melee fighters like alot of ppl think. Im not saying that root arent powerfull but they are NEEDED in this game. Fixer only 'nano weapon' is root/snare. One thing I dont like about all this stuff is the area attack. The duration should be ALOT lower and easily resisted. I wouldnt complain to have my area snare nerfed if my single target snare was better.

Insida, go play an enf, we cant break the best roots debuffed.

Heh Im so happy that drains dont affect me. I cant even root when im debuffed. Oh and my armor is 50% OE with 1k AC - 50NCU and -150 NR. Spare me the 'Dont wear GA crap' please because I need to find a way to block those 1500 damage every 3 seconds that enforcers do on me.
    Last edited by Insida; Dec 15th, 2002 at 23:42:31.

Originally posted by Wal
    yep

yeep

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast