Thread: Norwegian Temperatures Explained

Norwegian Temperatures Explained

To fill you in why things happends in Norway as they do...

Temperatures:
    +15°C This is as warm as it gets in Norway, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Norwegians are out in the sun, getting a tan.

+10°C The French are trying in vain to start their central heating. The Norwegians plant flowers in their gardens.

+5°C Italian cars won't start. The Norwegians are cruising in cabriolets.

0°C Distilled water freezes. The water in Oslo Fjord gets a little thicker.

-5°C People in California almost freeze to death. The Norwegians have their final barbecue before winter.

-10°C The Brits start heating their houses. The Norwegians start using long sleeves.

-15°C The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Norwegians end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-20°C People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Norwegians start drying their laundry indoors.

-30°C Paris start cracking from the cold. The Norwegians stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50°C Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Norwegian army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-60°C Santa moves south. The Norwegian army goes out on winter survival training.

-183°C Microbes in food don't survive. The Norwegian cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273°C All atom and subatomic particles movement halts. The Norwegians start saying "Faen, its cold outside today."

-300°C Hell freezes over, Norway wins the Eurovision Song Contest
    Last edited by Lumin; Dec 15th, 2002 at 04:50:33.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

omg, hilarious

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Re: Norwegian Temperatures Explained

Originally posted by Lumin

-300°C Hell freezes over, Norway wins the Eurovision Song Contest

Actually, Hell freezes over at 0°C. ( www.hell2u.com ). It freezes over each year. I need to take a trip there. ("Yes! I've been to hell and back!")

~Chris

Hell is in Norway. No doubt about that.
    If you press the link, you'l also notice that there's a Gods Expedition there.(see the screenies....er...pictures!

LOL Skybert.

Although, here in Sweden we've always suspected that hell was located somewhere in Norway, and now we know. Thank you.

BTW: is this where Jahn Teigen comes from? Because that would explain a lot.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Originally posted by Ztatic
    LOL Skybert.

Although, here in Sweden we've always suspected that hell was located somewhere in Norway, and now we know. Thank you.

BTW: is this where Jahn Teigen comes from? Because that would explain a lot.
    agreed, Jan Teigen sounds hellish (as if he's from Hell), but he's not from there. He's from a small town called Tønsberg, which is really, really a lousy town. Or so I've heard.