Thread: Why I HATE Notum Wars

Post Why I HATE Notum Wars

1. Lagg
    2. Lagg with Loss of people in your group even though they could be standing right next to you and screaming for a heal
    3. Lagg with mob beating on you but you just stand there knowing that when the server finally DOES catch up you will be dead.

Here is what I expect from a release like Notum Wars .. In context FIRST DO NO HARM. When you seek to add thousands upon thousands of items to the server that need to be monitored and upgraded and defended or destroyed you have added those items at the expense of lag. Why lag ? More items to update to your client not replacement of items addition to items. I dont care if all the notum in the universe if sucked out of that planet and taken away as long as half my team that im responsible for healing doesnt disapear in the next minute and die right next to me while screaming for a heal.

Its not my connection or system .. Im on a T-1 , with a very beefy pc.

The worst item of all is that now to maintain server up your just going to pop people all over the planet to reduce the server load at any given point. I dont care what you say this smacks of heavy handed treatment that Asherons Call used to keep their precious no zone world running. Sorry that didnt work either.

Suggestions:because its not fair to complain with out trying to help acheive a workable solution.

1. Let Only the guild that puts up the tower be able to see it with the exception of guilds of the same level of clan origin.
    So if you really want to spend your well earned credits for a big tower go right ahead.

2. Start Immediately to build additional servers for just missions that handle only missions and have enough memory and power to run them efficiently.

A

But if your looking for a game with that sci-fi cyberpunk atmosphere then you dont know how good we have it.

I just got finished doing a week trial with "Neocron," a game I actually bought, and uninstalled it in disgust. Its dredful. The graphics are shoddy, the animation is laughable...even the chat engine is downright awful.

When I came back to AO after a week it was a huge sigh of relief.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Bitterness
    Remember kids, don't post under the influence of idiocy.

Idiocy or not.

The fact remains that the game is laggy as all hell. In a mission or not. I havent played my 75 doc in 3 weeks until after this latest patch. The same thing happened Lag with people standing right next to you disapearing. Sorry but it isnt because I dont like the game I do.

I agree.

Rubberbanding is a problem, black doors rooms is a problem, invisible teammates is a problem, and disconnects are a problem, all of which occur significantly more frequently now than they used to. And on top of that zoning seems interminable, and I still get screen freezes when I first enter an area. All these things became major problems after 14.6 and the subsequent patches.

I play a doc too, and the 10-15+ sec heal (and attack) lockouts just drive me and my teammates crazy. Nobody has died on my teams because of them (yet), but it causes major chaos, and the frustration level goes way up - especially after the 3rd or 4th time in the same mission.

Yeah, the poeple are still here, but frankly I've noticed that the population is going down. The volume on the selling channel is down, and its harder to find a team.

The lag and its various effects is a major issue. And its souring a lot of people. Obviously Funcom knows what they did in 14.6 and after, so they know what's causing the problem. They obviously can't return to the pre 14.6 state though because they need to support NW. But they didn't need to add Mob pets, and they didn't need to add hats. That they did this and the lag has gotten worse makes you seriously wonder what their priorities are. Those development cycles could have been used to fix and optimize the code, rather they added new content and ignored the lag.

All one can say is, good luck Funcom.

More marketing and improving the servers would fix things... I'm not sure why FC isn't working on an almost crippling lag situation.

I'm sick of not being able to move for 10 minutes in Newland and Trade. FIX THE SERVERS!
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

I would like to see

1) A huge effort by Funcom to optimize their code to reduce lag

2) A suggestion list by Funcom that tells us what graphics settings are optimum for pvp

3) Crowd control made less annoying to people. Right now I think it pisses many people off.

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

isn't this in the wrong forums?

Originally posted by Divinecross
    isn't this in the wrong forums?
    Who cares? ..the eyes of Funcom employees never make it here anyways. Oh, with the exception of Cz.. bless his heart. He works his ass off deleting all the "bash FC" posts, yet all it'd take is a little feedback from Funcom itself to silence the majority of the haters (as well as a few OC3s to combat the lag).
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

I just got finished doing a week trial with "Neocron," a game I actually bought, and uninstalled it in disgust. Its dredful. The graphics are shoddy, the animation is laughable...even the chat engine is downright awful.
    I beta tested that game. I say that it is a much finer quality than AO. No lag, fully working trades system, Pvp that doesn't suck, a huge world and best of all, Strippers.

If you didn't like it take a second look, thats a great game. Love the tank myself. Tossing machine guns up in the sewers is a blast too hehe.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Thanks for the Input

It seems that I am not alone in experiencing these problems. I did the only thing that one person can do. I canceled my account.
    While I do not recommend this for any one else. I am not founding a crusade just making a stand. If you say Canceled account for Gameplay issues they at least get some kind of message. My Doc is unplayable and even more to the point, just not fun anymore.

When we look at the reason why we give this company a cheque every month, at the heart of it, it is because were having fun.

FC also changed management a while back. Ragnar was a great visionary in my book and his backstory and constant attention to the game was what pulled me into it in the first place.

A

Originally posted by Rudeboyz

I beta tested that game. I say that it is a much finer quality than AO. No lag, fully working trades system, Pvp that doesn't suck, a huge world and best of all, Strippers.

If you didn't like it take a second look, thats a great game. Love the tank myself. Tossing machine guns up in the sewers is a blast too hehe.
    Im sorry...I know, from reading their boards, that there are many people who are extremely passionate about that game, and it is those same people who convinced me to give it a shot.

Im sorry to say that I disagree with you on almost all of those points however. Finer quality? No way. Graphics are poor at best, the "world" is a series of Quake grey's and low resolution textures. Pvp? Is a bit out of hand in that game...sure its fun if you like super high lvl characters shooting you from behind just for the "thrill" of it.

And strippers? Yes...there are strippers. But the animation and the models are so awful that they look like they received their dancing lessons from the animatronic animals at the local "Chucky Cheese."

About the only thing I would say about neocron is that they paid a lot more attention to Tradeskills and apartments. But that simply wasent enough for me to keep playing it. I mean...it took me about 8 hours to get the thing running.

And yes I know...AO's launch was probably worse. And thats why I waited over a year to get it.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Put up a european server park.

will fix the lagg problem.