Thread: guilds these days are mad

guilds these days are mad

last week, whenever I have logged on an alt, I've been asked by complete strangers if I wanted to join their guild.

Sure, it's nice to be in a guild and all.... but I am in no way able to keep up with a guild for every char I got (that'd be 12 guilds in total)

Now, I understand that people wants their guild to be big and have lots of members, but going on invitingspree, asking completely strangers won't neccesarily make the guild a good one.

Just for kicks, I've decided to join my alts into whatever guilds that asks them. Although, beeing alts, I don't play them much. Heck, I don't even remember any names in any of the guilds my alts are member(s) of LOL! That's one of the downsides with the invitation-spree I've seen lately. I'll be amazed if the guilds don't toss me out soon, though, for not beeing around much.
    There's really no punchline in this post. Just giving my 2 cents of some guild-recruiting-politics

Yeah I noticed that in the past too. Letah was nonguilded out of priniciple for her first 120ish lvls, because as doc I had enough friends already and I really hate being told what to do in my free time. Many times people asked me to join their guild while I didnt know them and sometimes a window asking yes/no for joining guild popped up out of thin air, as if it was a recruit-request for a team lol.

I can understand that it may be hard as small guild, especially new players to get people, or the right classes like docs, but nothing like a quality guild with friends.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

It hapened to me, back a few month ago when I was guildless.
    I sometimes find a bit rude to be invited in a team without receiving a tell first, but a guild invite popping out of nowhere is, as far as I'm concerned, a /ignorable offense.
    If they recruit like this, it's probably a very bad guild with a bunch of random, poorly united people, and so, I wouldn't want to be in such a guild.

I was, formerly an officer in a guild that recruited in that fashion. That's how I got into it in the first palce. new leadership took over and we changed our recruiting policy, but the fact remained that we had over 400 inactive members.. never used the channel not logged into or posted on the guild forums.

Moot point now as the guild has gone belly up and fallen into petty bickering and infighting. Oh well.... Cya Airhawk Alliance,
    My thanks to Steve for running the forums for aslong as you did, and sorry if I did anything I shouldnt have.
    I think alot of people lost their cool over the last few days.
    If any of you current and former Airhawk's read this post, thanks for making my gaming experience richer and more enjoyable, hope I did the same for you at some point.

Recruiting policies

Personally, I think that is the wrong way to recruit. This is just me, but if I ever get involved in one *wink wink* I want to make sure I know everyone in it personally. I want to have gone on several missions with them before being asked. I'd want to know that these are people who dedicate at least some time to the guild. Yes I know this is hard to come by these days as everyone is either in a guild or isn't joining, but that's my personal philosophy on it. If someone just asks me out of the blue, it'll be an automatic no.
    There has to be more involved in it. At least this is my opinion.

*grins* There is one very good reason to not recruit just any leet that walks off the Morning Star transfer station.

If they attack a tower and you have none your whole guild gets pvp flagged. Kinda hard to know what to expect from someone you only met for 5 seconds to type /org invite.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

pfft LT has never been asked to join any orgs... People just dont like LT.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Garishna, it is/was my pleasure in fighting along side you.
    If ya ever see me online send me a tell.

As far as the other goes, too many coals fueling the fire......

Got too hot for me.........

I would like to ask those that have been in or are currently in a good guild, what does it take for a guild to thrive???
    Doh!!

I would say it takes friendship and trust to maek a guild thrive. I'd like to think my guild has both, since we are all friends that left another org to make our own.
    Inktopia - 129 NT
    Smudged 103 MA
    Fixicality - 50 Fixer
    Docsiniter - 72 Doctor

All them are deleted - I figured 12 months is too out of touch so I started a new MA called BlueNexus

Until now our org (UoRA an UoR) recruits players after teaming with them. In teams you can see what kind of player someone is. It's not always working, but in my idea it's one of the best ways to find people who could fit inside the org.

Happens to me alllllll the time on alts.
    Guess they know me on my main so they dont invite

I ended up making a guild called "Im with stupid -->" on one of my alts to avvoid random invites 178 times a day.

Yea, I remember way back too, all these little newbie orgs casting their invite spell, orgs I've never heard of. These are the types of orgs that don't usually last long.

First Order is my home, so NYA!
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

Red face

Well, I thought I'd enter an update here.
    Now, two of my alts are currently in some random guilds that I still don't know anyone in. With one of them, I tried talking ion the guild-channel, but there doesn't seem to be much activity (didn't expect it either).

The other one, well, I very much doubt abyone in the guild know I'm there (except fort he one person that invited me, but to him, I think I'm just a name in the crowd.

I'm doing this as a kind of experiment, on how inactive I can before they toss me out Just for the kick of it! Why? To prove a point, I suppose.

Well I remember when you could join people to your org without even asking them. :P

First Order has had many members this way.

Including Phillop Ross, Henry Radiman, Countless GMs, and several other plot characters that we chose to guild during GM Events...

Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

I'd invite you LT!

Except that your an imposing, high level person...and...uh...Omni.

Happy Holidays folks!!
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

this happens to be the way EO gets members,... well kinda....

our training guild , EA, is about helping new players get over the "bumps in the road" of starting out we ussually have at least one leader online, (with massave EO funds on hand) to help n00bs, and in EA we dont care if you leave or stay. we try to recruit as much as possable as the students ussually help each other out and team with each other and self decrease attrition. in EA, we relly dont care who we pull in, cuz we have 60 lvls to see if we want to expell them from the academy and/or to see if we want them in EO (as many of our alts are in EA, EO gets to see what these people are like in the academy). at the very least, we get to help some new players to the world of rubika and do our part to help AO retention.