Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni Pol attack on neutrals base will spread terrorism!

Originally posted by Flood1

Err...I don't think that's what Vorteks is saying at all. Unprovoked attacks just for the hell of it is what it seems to be about. We neutrals have like 0.50% XP bonus, we will soon have none the way it's going...thank God we don't all live for PvP only. The Neutral Community is quite close knit and people remember. If an attack is a retaliatory measure then fine, noone can dispute that, if not then the few may spoil it for the many. It can only serve to paint a poor picture of the side responsible, even though many may not condone the action.
    I don't think they just attacked for the hell of it. Everybody wants to expand and the only way atm is to attack since there are no free spots left. Attacking the few is not being coward, it's being smart. It's a way of gaining land w/o being afraid of retaliation.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Jekyll

I don't think they just attacked for the hell of it. Everybody wants to expand and the only way atm is to attack since there are no free spots left. Attacking the few is not being coward, it's being smart. It's a way of gaining land w/o being afraid of retaliation.

There in lies your problem. Neutrals don't always stand by and watch when they are pushed.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

Neutrals shouldn't get any respect just because they are neutrals, you get respect for your actions not because you are afraid to choose side.

Neutrals are just like an atrox, they don't really know what they are.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

So let me get this straight:

A neutral player buys NW, a mass pvp bosterpack
    The neutral creates a base with turrets

Now home come that this neutral expects not to be attacked merely because (s)he is neutral? lol.

You buy a pvp expansion, expect to GET pvp! It's -IMO- a bit silly that you make towers, defences and expect not to be attacked. Neutrality doesnt grant immunity, it's merely a state the neutral wishes to be in, it's not something other sides have to honour at all.

Meister and co roleplayed, they said Neutrals sided with clan and were criminals, therefor loosing neutrality. Sounds like an okay reason to get some action going, why should the neutrals be excluded?

If you dont want these mass pvp wars, if you dont like all this stuff then leave NW in the store-shelf.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Hang em high !

Neutrals shouldnt even be a choice at start,. You loose boards, you loose pads (at least you should loose another bug to report...), and soon no more xp bonus.
    Go choose a side or go play pokemon if you dont want to

Actually why would a neutral buy NW anyway ?
    Infamine 200 soljah

Ok Neutral is a choice at the start so I chose it and care not for Token Boards, like most Neuts. Letah, no one is saying that Neutral towers should be excluded from being attacked, far from it. If a Neutral Org attacks Omni/Clan then retaliation should be expected. What we are saying is that until such times as this happens then we are not at war with Omni or Clan. If an organisation from either faction attacks a Neutral Base unprovoked and without any reason other than to simply acquire the land then that is shortsighted and daft. Granted not all Neutrals Orgs agree or have the same politics, some don't have any at all, but one thing is certain, any unprovoked attacks on a Neutral Base will have lasting effects. You want to alienate the Neutral community...go ahead...it's only your side that will suffer in the end. AND...FFS...stop with the 'fencesitter', 'Pick a side' comments...it's been done to death..try a new insult

Madrugar

Thumbs up

Okay Flood1, agreed. But attacking Neutral as first is a choice, whatever the roleplaying concequences may be. What did nag me in this thread was that someone called it grieving or at least pointed to it, which isnt true.

Being neutral, clan, omni is roleplaying. It's even possible to kill an Omni base as Omni, but the roleplaying concequences are great. Acceptable for a guild that wants to take that role, no?

People shouldnt point fingers saying someone is grieving when that happens, but react in a in-character way. I heard my guild also joined to help Omni Pol killing the terrorists that reside in Idependand Rubikans org, clanner terrorists. At least its a bit roleplaying and I wish I was there at the time. Concequences are that the IR guild will gather friends and retaliate, even destroying our base, or hey even get messy and get other Omnis kill us. Shrug, this is Anarchy Online, and its what I play for. I'll never point fingers and say GRIEVING!!1. grieving is something differnt, and clearly described in the ao pages.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Flood1
    Ok Neutral is a choice at the start so I chose it and care not for Token Boards, like most Neuts. Letah, no one is saying that Neutral towers should be excluded from being attacked, far from it. If a Neutral Org attacks Omni/Clan then retaliation should be expected. What we are saying is that until such times as this happens then we are not at war with Omni or Clan. If an organisation from either faction attacks a Neutral Base unprovoked and without any reason other than to simply acquire the land then that is shortsighted and daft. Granted not all Neutrals Orgs agree or have the same politics, some don't have any at all, but one thing is certain, any unprovoked attacks on a Neutral Base will have lasting effects. You want to alienate the Neutral community...go ahead...it's only your side that will suffer in the end. AND...FFS...stop with the 'fencesitter', 'Pick a side' comments...it's been done to death..try a new insult
    What is unprovoked for you?

If a neutral org build a base in clan or omni land, you still think it's unprovoked to attack them?

I think if neutrals want to own land and build towers, they should count themselves as a third faction and should expect to get attacked by any clan or omni guild that want that piece of land for their own base.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Dearest Letah,

All this thread is about role playing and politics. Nobody denied it up to now before you posted =)

As an omni and a role player, i point out the fact that an organisation of my side attacked a neutral base for biased reasons (immediate land greed satisfaction) that are against our long term interest and against our boss (Philip Ross) guidances about omni dealing with neutrals.

As a roleplayer, i regard this move as motivated by greed and cowardness, and i deny the leaders arguments saying this attack was for all omnis good.

As a roleplayer interested in Rubi Ka politics, i condemn this shortsighted move and warn our community that greed and cowardness is not a good advisor, and that we d better have neutrals with us that against us, that excluding neutrals from the notum wars political map might diminish the interest of the political role playing, as it would reduce the game to a basic front line push and pull.

As roleplayers, everybody here gave their own arguments for and against omni attacks against neutrals, you were once again the only one that claimed this thread was not about role playing politics, and i think we are all surprised about it.

As a roleplayer, i admire those who have the courage to take a position in the front line and as a matter of fact take the risk to loose it, i disrespect those who attack pacifists neutral organisations in a safe area away from the front line because it s so easier to take and keep.

This is my political stance in the omni opinions diversity and i will keep defending this etiquette and pointing out what i regard as "black sheeps". I will certainly not only make friends on the political scene, but i regard this as a positive result, an evidence that my role play is efficient. In politics when you have an opinion that doesnt go with the lobbies interest (economic lobbies rarely have ethical concerns), you dont only make friends =)
    Last edited by vorteks; Dec 16th, 2002 at 15:24:02.

With Notum Wars is see both sides ignoring this facts (no token board, no few xp bonuses, narrow guilds) and attacking neutral bases simply "because they are on our way"... and also because they are so easy targets!!
    I m omni and i dont want them to spoil the game, so i m asking for more consideration for them...the attack on sfh by omni pol
    Anarchy Online Bulletin Board > Game-Play > PvP Conflict > Omni Pol attack on neutrals base will spread terrorism!
    I'm sorry but these 3 quotes clearly indicated this isnt roleplay, else you wouldnt say Notum Wars, or post it in pvp forum but in roleplay forum? I wasnt the only one btw as you indicate:

InfamineActually why would a neutral buy NW anyway ?
    Azzazzimon and Flood1 also spoke OOC If I'm correct.

Proof me otherwise

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Smile

Yes, Notum Wars is the name of the current war going on the planet...like WWII is the name of a war that happened 60 years ago on earth.

Yes, the game must be understood as the "game of war" or the "political game". Life is all the more a game on Rubi Ka that death is temporary.

How could i claim i m omni if was not role playing. I swear i dont work for OmniTek IRL .

Isnt Notum Wars a pvp conflict??? I m quite confused.

You dont need to be sorry for misreading posts, you just need to read slower and may be stop watching tv at the same time =)

Not really, do you roleplayed you

" why would a neutral buy NW anyway "

?

Think not..

I think you are trying to make this a roleplaything thread suddenly Because the last few posts clearly show no roleplaying is done. If this should then message the forum moderator to move it to roleplaying as this isnt the correct forum then Unless of course you call "PLAYER versus PLAYER" roleplaying

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by vorteks
    Isnt Notum Wars a pvp conflict???
    Yet you say not to attack neutral...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

why do you lend me sentences i never posted? where did i say "why would neutrals buy nw"...I m more and more confused...

why do you lend me sentences i never posted? where did i say "why would neutrals buy nw"...I m more and more confused...

"All this thread is about role playing and politics. Nobody denied it up to now before you posted "

You said I was the only one that thought of your post as a non-roleplaying one, I quoted several people indicating that this was not the case.

On a lil off-topic note; I never roleplay in AO because I dont see it fit for it; thats why I limit myself to Player vs Player forums, which isnt about roleplay (and I never dare enter roleplaying forum)
    Last edited by Letah; Dec 16th, 2002 at 16:20:37.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

What is unprovoked for you?

If a neutral org build a base in clan or omni land, you still think it's unprovoked to attack them?
    Ah but Azzazzimon, aren't us Neuts supposed to be regarded as Omni-Tek employees anyway, according to some Now we're talking genocide.

Madrugar

ok ok i confess letah, i m an Omni Tek employee IRL, my name is Vorteks IRL and Neutrals have already started their terrorist acts IRL. Actually, they are responsible for the current economic crises we are facing since September 11 2001. They took a time warping machine to come back and anihilate you 30,000 years back on earth!

*calls the nearest medic for help* I think our friend here is starting another paranoid crises and i have no pills left to help her out....could you take care of her? Here, reeeelax, all this was a bad dream, take those candies, you ll feel much better =)

Landless Guilds a New Mercenary Power?[/

If neutrals dont have bases left, they wont mind being attackable for 4 hours. Having no territory on their own and no resources to make a living, they will become automaticly terrorists and will act as if...
    I knew this was going to come up. Here is a quote of something I posted last week;

*** Begin ***
    Landless Guilds a New Mercenary Power?
    I was just thinking that some landless guilds can become new powerbases as untouchable mercenaries. As distasteful as it sounds, instead of a guild risking their land in a direct assault, they can hire mercenary guild(s) to assault towers. So it doesn't matter if the target land is Clan, Omni or Neutral. Do you think a situation like this will occur in a few weeks or months?
    *** End ***

ok ok i confess letah, i m an Omni Tek employee IRL, my name is Vorteks IRL and Neutrals have already started their terrorist acts IRL. Actually, they are responsible for the current economic crises we are facing since September 11 2001. They took a time warping machine to come back and anihilate you 30,000 years back on earth!

*calls the nearest medic for help* I think our friend here is starting another paranoid crises and i have no pills left to help her out....could you take care of her? Here, reeeelax, all this was a bad dream, take those candies, you ll feel much better =)
    Again you show your excellent ability to defend your views and give an intelligent answer...

Letah had a point, you realize this, and begin with this patronizing BS as if you're somehow above her and wont stoob to her level. How about a nice intelligent answer to the points she is making?
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

Speaking mostly out of character.

I think the decision to attack a Neutral base instead of a Clan base was a chicken move by a cowardly leader. No balls decision. Attacking the Independant Rubikans made it even worse. They are outspoken as not hating Omni-Tek and profess to only wanting to make a living. Regardless of where their base was or will be located, it is clear they meant no ill will towards their neighbors.

It is the opinion of the Neutral community that this was a calculated act by the offending group to gain a piece of land from a group that was an easy mark ('taking candy from a baby'). Furthermore it is clear that the location was taken because the new residents would now be able to sit pretty amongst their new friendly neighbors. Out-of-character, it is clearly a yellow-bellied move from any angle. RP-wise, it's easy to put any spin on it one likes to justify chicken-crap actions.

If the leader of this org wasn't simply looking for an easy mark to put his sad towers down then he would have had the balls to actually roleplay with the leaders of the Independant Rubi'Kan's.

It's a sad situation to see 'role playing' take this tack. As stated above, denying Neutrals a paltry .5% of the available spots is a sure way to ensure that FunCom's greatest fear of Neutrals becoming the ultimate griefers comes to fruition. Instead of being a diplomat, the offenders in this instance may very well have created a situation where the Independant Rubi'Kans are moved to terrorism in the form of simply attacking their former mines just to deny the offenders the satisfaction of actually being able to play the game 4 hours out of every day. I am sure that should that one stinkin' Neutral mine been allowed to operate for IR, they would never have been given a reason to lay weapons to any other facility on the entire planet. Ever. But, an easy mark was taken by a cowardly guild leader and painted over with RP babble. Congratulations to the all-powerful 'Omni-Pol'. I'm sure Mr. Ross is proud of you.

If this game is to degrade to nothing more than Team Fortress Classic, then fine. Anybody who isn't your color is to be wiped out. Until such time, there are real people behind those towers and there is supposed to be such a thing as politics running behind the scenes. And finally, one begins to wonder when the distaste for bullies picking on the weak went out of style. I certainly hope there's some chivalry left in the 30th century. 'Cuz this instance sure stinks of an opportunist making like a mugger preying on old ladies and young women.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast