Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni Pol attack on neutrals base will spread terrorism!

Omni Pol attack on neutrals base will spread terrorism!

Being a neutral is a courageous choice, as it makes the game much harder to play. Neutrals should get respect for this choice.

With Notum Wars is see both sides ignoring this facts (no token board, no few xp bonuses, narrow guilds) and attacking neutral bases simply "because they are on our way"... and also because they are so easy targets!!

Guys just keep on acting with such a short term view of neutrals role and you will end up making neutrals with no official representation which means they wont have any other choice than terrorism...

What does terrorism means in terms of Notum Wars...it means spoiling the balance of the game by for example :

- Repeatedly desabling both sides bases shields on regular basis (once per hour) just to desorganise their defense so that players get bored to check who rang the bell and wont go and defend their base any more

- Squatting all towers shops so that controlers ql dont refresh and we cant find the right ql for our base if it is destroyed or we cant improve the ql of our base

These are the two first examples of what i can think of ....but i m sure they will find lots of other ideas to spoil the game and protest about the disrespect some few "black sheeps" on both sides show to the "weakest".

Neutrals should be protected for the courage of their opinion, not harassed because they are "weaker" in terms of damage capacity.

I m omni and i dont want them to spoil the game, so i m asking for more consideration for them...the attack on sfh by omni pol (Meister is the leader) is in my opinion a short term view that will lead neutrals to clandestinity, the path of terrorism. This was an irresponsible move from omni pol leader.

Isn't there a rule against cross-posting in 3 dif forums?
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

this topic is related to the three forums : pvp, notum wars and articles. There is no rule against posting a thread related to the forum topic. But thanks for your highly skilled contribution to the debate.

Re: Omni Pol attack on neutrals base will spread terrorism!

Originally posted by vorteks

- Repeatedly desabling both sides bases shields on regular basis (once per hour) just to desorganise their defense so that players get bored to check who rang the bell and wont go and defend their base any more

Be aware that should you do this and not have any towers you shall be PvP flagged for 4 hours. If you are someone who is also known as a terrorist you shall be killed by clan/omni for the duration of this penalty period.

- Squatting all towers shops so that controlers ql dont refresh and we cant find the right ql for our base if it is destroyed or we cant improve the ql of our base

This is abusing game mechanics to cause grief to other players.

If neutrals dont have bases left, they wont mind being attackable for 4 hours. Having no territory on their own and no resources to make a living, they will become automaticly terrorists and will act as if...

There needs to be a conciousness on both sides of the conflict of the necessity to protect neutrals rather than bringing them to revold and despair.

I dont think their aim is to win the war, but rather be regarded as people with a certain wisdom that can arbitrate the conflict and as a matter of fact deserver respect.

Before more and more inhabitants reached the ability to build towers, there was a consensus about attacking neutral bases as being out of the war etiquette on both sides. Now that land is getting rarer and rarer, some "guilds without honor" prefer to attack easy targets that are located in safe areas, rather than tougher targets on the front line. I think those that behave this way should be at least pointed out by both communities, if not banned from councils, as this is not of both sides interest that neutrals become marginals and get no other alternative than terrorism to be represented on the planets map.

Then join Omni Vorteks, Its not like anyone is forcing you to be a Neutral. The attacks on Neutral bases -will- continue.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

So it was ok for the Neutrals to attack omni bases couple weeks ago but not for omni to attack them back? Just curious as to the logic in that...

If you read carefully you will notice i am Omni, not neutral, but i have some kind of conciousness that eradicating neutrals out of the political scene (out of notum wars) will lead us to very unpleasant consequences.

I dont think that leaving two ql 150 neutral bases on the planet is something omnis cant afford.

If we needed this area, we should have offered them some other area in compensation, not kick them out. This is of our own interest and of the conflict interest.

As for neutrals taking one omni base in their history, you know the problems with notum wars shipping dont you? If the release had been more evenly dealt, then i dont think they would have needed to take an offensive stance.

If this had been a revenge from the omni guild that lost the base previously i would have understood the raid, but this was not the case. The omni guild that took the base was not the previous owner.

However i still think neutrals should be protected and encouraged rather than harassed and discouraged.

Cool

Originally posted by Marlamin
    Then join Omni Vorteks, Its not like anyone is forcing you to be a Neutral. The attacks on Neutral bases -will- continue.
    Shoulda read his post before posting Marlamin...

Didnt really concern myself with reading it, If thats how you feel vorteks go get a clan Application, The company has no need for you.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

how about getting those new fashionable specs Marl =) I ve been told they dont only help you read correctly messages, but also help you see the bright side of life =)
    Last edited by vorteks; Dec 14th, 2002 at 20:14:07.

Originally posted by Marlamin
    Didnt really concern myself with reading it, If thats how you feel vorteks go get a clan Application, The company has no need for you.
    why post a reply if you haven't read the post you're replying to?

oh, and mr Ross himself has stated that he looks at neutrals as omni employees. Se there. Are you saying that the company has no need for mr Ross? I mean, he IS, after all, the boss, here on RubiKa...

But thanks for your highly skilled contribution to the debate.
    You're Welcome
    Last edited by Talanie; Dec 14th, 2002 at 21:36:28.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

If someone wants a piece from the cake, he should fight for it. If he isnt strong enough, he should be satisfied with the small crumbs falling from the table....
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Originally posted by Sethil
    If someone wants a piece from the cake, he should fight for it. If he isnt strong enough, he should be satisfied with the small crumbs falling from the table....
    I hope you don't tell your kids that :0

Wait.. no, actually I hope you do, and then get your own reality TV show. Yay
    Last edited by Geofforey; Dec 15th, 2002 at 00:02:00.

This is total BS. Both sides have said 'You're either with us or against us'. Neutrals chose this life. Saying that neutrals can attack others but we're not allowed to attack them is totalt and utter bull****. Grow a brain Vorteks...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Skybert

why post a reply if you haven't read the post you're replying to?

oh, and mr Ross himself has stated that he looks at neutrals as omni employees. Se there. Are you saying that the company has no need for mr Ross? I mean, he IS, after all, the boss, here on RubiKa...
    Tell me the last time Ross made a public apperance or anything else for that matter will ya? And then ask me if theres a need for him again.

Originally posted by Jekyll
    This is total BS. Both sides have said 'You're either with us or against us'. Neutrals chose this life. Saying that neutrals can attack others but we're not allowed to attack them is totalt and utter bull****. Grow a brain Vorteks...

Err...I don't think that's what Vorteks is saying at all. Unprovoked attacks just for the hell of it is what it seems to be about. We neutrals have like 0.50% XP bonus, we will soon have none the way it's going...thank God we don't all live for PvP only. The Neutral Community is quite close knit and people remember. If an attack is a retaliatory measure then fine, noone can dispute that, if not then the few may spoil it for the many. It can only serve to paint a poor picture of the side responsible, even though many may not condone the action.

Madrugar

*Gives Jekyll a card with the address of the specs dealer in Hope*
    *Gives Jekyll a card with the address of the nearest brain implant clinic*

*Gives Jekyll a card with the address of the specs dealer in Hope*
    *Gives Jekyll a card with the address of the nearest brain implant clinic*
    Brilliant. I love how well and able you are to defend your views...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast