Thread: Gold rush

Gold rush

After spending 10 (!) hours tonight flying around every nook and cranny of Rubi-Ka, I have discovered a few things.

1) Theres not nearly enough open land. Basicaly, if your guild hasent set up a control tower by now, forget about it. Theres nothing left.

2) The Land Control Status map is hoplessly out of date. Areas that are supposed to be uncontrolled actually are currently controlled. And yes, I checked the dates that the towers went up. Dozens of them. The map is also quite vauge. Areas that appear to be avalable on the map do not seem to exist.

3) Roughly half of the areas that =could= support a control tower CANT because, and I quote, "The area is not cleared for mining yet". This is incredibly frustrating. I seem to recall reading somewhere that 'some' of the land-control areas had been turned off, but I cannot find that information again. =/

Come on, Funcom. Open up some more land. Not everyone managed to jump on the bandwagon in the first 2 weeks.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Re: Gold rush

Originally posted by Tekhead
    1) Theres not nearly enough open land. Basicaly, if your guild hasent set up a control tower by now, forget about it. Theres nothing left.
    Of course there isn't. If there were enough land for everybody there would be no reason to fight for it.

I'm lv 195 fairly small guild mostly made up of high lv people. We have problem even finding a lv 10 base which kinda goofy even use ql 10 stuff at that lv.

Fighting really just seems involve smaller guilds giving up their names being absorbed into bigger guilds even stand chance getting land or having spot to place a tower. Then even your lucky join guild that actually has places put towers.

Cold, have you actually gone out and =looked= for land? Refer to my third point. Theres actually pleanty of mineable claims left, their just 'not yet cleared for mining'. Which is an enormous pain in the tush.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Tek, I do remember reading something about the unopen land. I think I remember it saying that the land would be opened up at the end of this month, or early next. This was done so that the overseas market has a chance of getting alnd also. Of course this is just going off my very bad memory, so don't quote me :P

The main thing is, I DO remember them saying they were going to open it, and that it was to be sometime soon. So, let's just hold on for a little while longer at least...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

ah

Thanks, Cryo. I sort of thought that was the deal, but I honestly dont remember. If someone could find that lil bit of data and post it here, I'd be mighty grateful.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive