Thread: Angry and I dont know how to shout at.

Angry and I dont know how to shout at.

Or even if shouting makes a difference.

Long and short of it, another guild split, in a guild that though I had some protection from this kind of thing. I know guilds are cyclic, and that obviously I joined another guild on the downward slope again.

This game is primarily about friendship, the gameplay really is substandard compaired to non online games. Guild splits are the worst thing in the entire gameplay experience.

No matter how it splits, there are always hard feelings. In this case, all the high levels left. They cited a change in direction, a dissatisfaction with AO, and other things. The hard part about it though is that all of that is irrelevant to the fact that we had friendships that have been stressed.

Or maybe my impression of friendship is weak. Maybe these aren't friendships, that I am having an pseudo reaction when we talk. Maybe all the hi's bys, and grats dont mean a thing. Maybe appreciation and respect is fake. Maybe the long hours spent talking ooc is just a waste. Maybe the hours we spent talking about the game is just a selfish attempt to thwart FC's attempts at enjoyign the games. Maybe the role play we did were just fat men playing cybervixens for our own personal fantisies. Maybe I should just turn my computer off leave perminantly.

FC is only mildly responsive to their customers, taking months to impliment item reinbursement, something they knew they should have had before beta. They seem incompetant to fix pet and mob pathing. They blame lag on the clients constantly. They dont seem to understand the frustration of black doors. They are pushing development into Shadowlands rather than fixing the mess that they have, and have started a new project. They happily nerf things people happily enjoy. They have used voluneeer customer support through the forums and ark programe. They have one overloaded customer service person in the forums. They don't seem to ask our opinions often, nor do they allow us the chance to make a real contribution to the story, to the geography, or even our apartments. I have reached the point with a couple of my characters where gameplay is really really boring, and I feel I could control two characters at once. I am not asking FC to be my reality substitute, but I am expecting that something new will happen to my characters every now and then. My conclusion is that they care little about their customers, and are technically inept. Why am i trusting my non work hours and frienships to these people?

I really dont think they have a responce to SWG. In some ways I am just riding the org storm until SWG is live for a couple of months to see who is left, or who has returned.

I have told myself that this is the only mmorpg for a number of years. When I uninstall AO I will wait for a significant revolution in MMORPG technology. Something that is catagorically different, not just more features that we didn't ask for that no one uses (voice commands).

I will be looking for something that allows friendships to last longer than AO does, where it seems every six weeks your org falls apart, a portion quit, and the survivers regroup, or join other groups.

Well, i am going to s.u. now, I doubt that FC will read this, I doubt that it will make an impact on anyone else, and I really dont want to spoil the enjoyment of people who are presently enamoured with the game.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I don't think we live in a world any different than AO. We can live in a psychological heaven or hell, depending on our attitude. I live in a bleak world, but i fear that it is my own manifestation. There is always and underlying sense of animosity between my fellow classmates. No one is truly friend, just a peculiar aquaintance being manipulated for their own personal gain. It's valid reason to hate someone b/c they are slightly smarter, have a slightly higher GPA, slightly prettier [though that isn't much of an issue; anyone can become beautiful if you are willing to spend enough money]. I'm disgusted when i go to school or even look out my window. Everyone's fake, yearning for one more dollar, one more this, one more that. No one ever questions why; it's just what must be done to uphold morals [or lack there of] of capitalism.

That's why i play ao; not as an escape, but just to remind me, reassure me that the whole world has not sold its soul.

Sure there are a number of unsavory characters in ao, that'll be glad to scam you out of money, but at least its an even playing field. Diligence pays off. Here in rl, success is based off of 2 things: whether i have an iq of 180 or daddy has 100m.
    But beyond that, most of the people who i chat with on ao, have realized that power and wealth are pretty meaningless. They don't have to jack off to their shiny new yalm [or ferrari in rl] to have a sense of worth.
    I think there are alot more honest, truly altruistic ppl in ao than in [my] rl. This perspective of life is the only thing keeping me sane
    Last edited by Lolamonster; Dec 14th, 2002 at 17:42:06.