Thread: How to Fix ql 250 controller

How to Fix ql 250 controller

There have been several threads the past few days on the difficulty (or impossibility) of destroying a ql 250 controller. Most of them start off well, but get hijacked by people who post that haven't taken on a ql 250 controller, and just voice their opinions.
    I just wanted to make a concise description of the problem and possible solutions so that a game developer can make the necessary changes to balance the situation.

A group of 40 of us literally attacked a ql 249 controller that had no support towers left or player defenders for an hour and a half and only got it down 25% of it's HP. If you were to extrapolate that, it would take 6 hours of constant firing to destroy the tower. As we all know, we only have 4 hours to attack a base, and at least some of that time you need to destroy the towers that are already there.

The reasons for the towers being so difficult are three fold. The first is that Crowed Control limits prevented us from getting our whole force from attacking the tower at the same time. The second is that the heal delta is so high, that 90% of the damage done to the tower is recovered every 30 seconds or so. The third is that the unmovable towers evades are so high, that even with a 1100 attack rating, you still miss two-thirds of the time.

Now, two of the three things need to be adjusted for these towers. I understand the importance of CC, and how without it small guilds would never be able to defend their towers, and how large alliances could steamroll across Rubi-ka without any limits on attackers. That being said, I think the current limit is a bit to low. What really needs to happen is that CC limits and 25%/5% time needs to be adjusted by the ql of the area the Controller is in. This is probably a lot of work, but is the best solution.

The other two are much easier. Just reduce the heal delta and evades for a ql 250 controller. After participating in several attacks on various ql controllers, it seems that the 150 and 200 ql controllers are about right in difficulty, but the 250 is just undestroyable.

Slugem

I agree. I helped attack a QL250 base tower, and the HP was regenerating as fast as we took it down. It was effectively 100% all the time. And this was before the CC limits!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

I was there too...

I think yesterday's attack was the first successfull ever attempt to destroy a 250 tower? I don't know if thats true, but we got it down... Finally... But it took a lot of man/girlpower to bring that thing down, 2-3h at least. Crazy. And all the ppl were getting warped out all the time cause there was too many ppl there. Now bringing down a 300 tower... I don't even wanna think of it.... Well - I suppose it could be done... Let me quote

"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do." (Pope John XXIII)
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries