Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Pol(and others) revealed as crimminals!

With the constantly changing face of Rubi-Ka's mining bases, this is a hard thing to do. I do not plan to go to such lengths just to possibly be able to attack an Omni-Tek base. I would rather welcome it if all attacks on notum mining bases are considered not-RP-related unless publicly stated otherwise.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

I will do as you suggest. However I also submit that there will always be criminal orgs to attack as ust punishment for their crimes agaist legally placed mines. I do not forsee a shortage of battle to engage in...and it would seem that OmniPol would be interested in upholding justice and law.

Originally posted by Meister
    Nelida, I am sorry, but due to the nature of the "Notum Wars" and my interest to keep my organization active and interested in Rubi-Ka and Omni-Tek, I do not wish to sign any pacts that prohibit us from attacking certain bases. If however, OTSEC as a whole decides to sign this treaty, I will not object. You may contact Chairman Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini regarding this, so he may place it on the list of items up for discussion in the council.
    Wandering Rubi-ka alone...
    Wondering when alone will end.

Well as least we know it takes 4 omni organisations to take down a single neutral base.

I guess the large clans like storm and red tigers have nothing to worry about.

Wilfred "Destractor" Keppler

((OOC for Meister: Well friend this is an RP thread, and anything that happens on Rubi-Ka is taken with its implications to the planet. Not just taken as a random act of fun. It is a MMORPG. And the RP in there is a big part of the game for many people. So as a representative the OTRK Corporation you should have to plan you attacks anb your reasoning behind them just as everyone else does. And you should be subject to the same ciritcism as everyone else. The CoA has stood its ground in RP of many peoples criticism of their actions. And your guild as one of the biggest RP guilds in the game should have to be subject to the same rules as all the other large RP organizations. So if you dont want to have to defend your actions, dont attack.

What you just said to us us this:

"I want to be able to run around and kill things, and not have to think about the consequences."

Well no one is going to stand for that.))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

"I want to be able to run around and kill things, and not have to think about the consequences."
    Quite contrary to your belief, many players in AO enjoy playing the game exactly in that way. I do not force the members of OP to always be in-character, since that is quite taxing and gets boring quite quickly when one realizes how limited the possibilites to RP in AO are. If the attack on this neutral base had been related to RP, i would have talked to them before or at least we would have RPed with them before, so that they could have expected an attack by us. Alas, i have not had any significant interaction with TIR (quite fitting name) yet, so no reason to RP with them. The attack was mainly geared towards expanding our bases at a minimal cost and at the same time increasing the XP-bonus for Omni-Tek, which all OT players benefit from, not to forget the added bonus for my org members who can now build higher QL towers if they can build them.

An attack in a RP sense would most likely not be used to expand our bases, but rather to "hurt" the enemy where it works: at their bases. Bases take credits and some time to build and taking them down is a good way to show: you are our enemy. The Independant Rubi-Kans are not a direct RP enemy to us, rather to Omni-Tek as a whole by placing their base blatantly in the middle of Omni-Tek territory, too close to Omni-1.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

limited RP possibilities?

hmm there could have been an investigation into the original attack by IR

gethering of evidence

interview/interrogate suspects

place the charges to IR

IR respond

There is an official 'this base must be taken out response'

Omni-Tek sends in the troops, and IR defends

Thats not limited IMHO
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Seeing how that IR base was in the middle of OT bases, i dont think it would have lasted much longer there anyways. Well.. i think i have said everything in this thread now. I will not reply anymore now.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Errr... just so you know, I think this is a pile of hot, warm, dog feces...

According to you, it goes like this:

RP point of view--We're going to attack the Neutrals because they're on OT soil, a threat to us (which is, completely false--reason explained in other posts).

Non-RP point of view--We're going to attack Neutrals because we want to expand, and Neutral Bases is weak and attackable. (Still meaning that you want to provoke the Neutrals).

If you want to act aggressively toward the Neutrals, just say so... instead of coming up with all those conflicting arguments.

"We attack you because you're in our way, and you're weak to pick on. Nonetheless, we still see you as our Employees and allies."

The IR and it's policy of Non-aggression

Due to the confusion at the beginning of this war--the Notum War, we were without a set policy on how to act. The IR is traditionally known as a non-violent diplomatic guild, however, without a guild-wide consensus on a particular theme, we are liable to act in ways contrary to that non-violent stance. The beginning of the Notum War was before our guild meeting and there was no set policy on how our guild would act globally and as a unit (unlike other guilds, there is still some leeway in our laws for personal action that might seem to contradict official IR policy). At our guild meeting following the declaration of the Notum War, we naturally, voted to follow the traditional non-violent path. Our members have agreed not to aid in attacking other guilds' towers, but we CAN and WILL assist in defending towers. There needs to be no justification by IR for the taking of the SFH land initially as there was no policy. The individuals did NOT act in violation of any policy proposed by and set forth by the IR membership as a whole.

There was initial talks with the previous owners of the land, but the decision to retain the land was made by the guild members available and based on past actions of the OTRK employees and the fact that there was no policy at the time of the taking.

This is a small OT victory, actually. It does come with a price. I will repeat what I told a longstanding OT ally shortly after the battle at SFH: we may not be many, but the side we choose to ally with will be at a great advantage over the opponent should that choice ever come to pass. OT, would you care to see the forces against you grow by two thousand fighters? That question is also directed at the Clans. Don't force our hand. listen to the diplomats--of which, I am not! I am a fighter and will engage those that have actively attacked ANY neutral base.

Omni-HQ

Kithrak scans the gridfeed from his window office in Omni-HQ and shakes his head.

"The neutrals dance around destroying Omni-Tek and Clan bases alike in the name of neutral independence. When either Clan or Omni-Tek retaliate they try to hide behind neutrality thanking whoever else happened to help them." Kithrak said aloud to the empty room.

The Omni-Admin Bodyguard stationed at the door wakes up from power saving mode and looks at its master. "Do you need something sir? I thought I heard you say something."

He waves a hand for the droid to remain in place. "I'm fine, just some funny news on the grid about the Clans being the Neutral's ally of the week."

The droid blinked mechanically as if to process the thought. "Sir, I thought they didn't like clanners. Didn't the neutrals launch an attack on a high profile clanner called Commander Steel not too long ago?"

Kithrak smiles. "Like I said, ally of the week."
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Ben sits down at a table at the East end of Newland, and thinks to himself.

"Why dont they see. There could be peace...Why cant they stop focusing on the Clan and Omni alignment and focus on the values of the individual. After all that is what is the most important, an individuals values. A blind puppet has no values. Are they all blind puppets? Is my work these past months for nothing..."

Suddenlt Ben hears a quiet Voice in his comm unit. He looks down and sees no displayed picture, or an origin for the message. The Voice speaks...

"Ben, Do not worry. I see what you are doing. I have heard the peoples cries, and there will be peace..."

Shivers run down Ben's spine as the Voice whispers in tones unimaginable by the Solitus mind. Slowly Ben responds.

"who...Who are you?" Ben trembles as he speaks.

"I am but a Voice. But a Voice can do many things..." Silence comes over the Comm unit.

"Are you still there?" Ben asks with a wisp of concern in his voice.

The Voice booms.

"I must go Ben. Do not fear...I am always with you. I am a Voice."

And silence once again envelopes the signal.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Dec 15th, 2002 at 03:33:42.

Director Silvestrini sighed as he saw the caller's name flashed up on his comm. It was that damn woman again.

"Silvestrini." he answered the commcall abruptly.

"Mr Chairman, this is Katie Wang of the Omni Herald. Can I take a moment of your time to answer some questions." she blurted out in her increasingly frustrating way, that was now becoming oh so annoyingly familiar to him.

"How did you get my comm number?" Garret asked, not even attempting to mask the anger in his voice.

"Mr Chairman, a division of Omni-Pol whom you work with on the Security Council has attacked and destroyed a facility belonging to the Independent Rubikans. Would you like to comment on this please?" she pressed.

"No comment. Listen I really don't have time for this, I'm in a medical facility." he replied.

"Mr Chairman, would you like to comment on OTSEC's policy regarding neutrals and their assets." she pressed further.

"I said no comment." Garret's temper was loud and clear.

"Mr Chairman, what..." she started to ask, before Garret cut her off.

"Goodbye Miss Wang." with which he killed the commlink, punching the air angrily as he continued to hang in zero-G.

Strength through unity.

Omni-Tek protects.

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Chairman of the Omni-Tek Security Council

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council (OTSEC)

The Omni-Tek Security Council is dedicated to ensuring the company’s security and interests against all threats, coordinating any action deemed necessary to protect corporate assets and personnel.

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org | www.ot-sparta.org

My Apology

(this is entirely OOC)

I'm here to apologize. My origional post here was made out of despair and anger, and was an RP attempt at a rant(RP nOOb that I am LOL). Ranting is just not me, and I shouldn't have done it.

Meister, you took something dear to me and destroyed it......I hope you can see *why* I was angry. So I apologize for making the origional post. I just needed a day to cool off(must be my German lineage LOL.......I'm usually VERY slow to anger, but go off like a firecracker once I've reached my limit).

I am still deeply scarred by MoK's involvement, however. That part of my origional post was not RP, and is completely true. Having spent approximately 6 hours(a guess) helping MoK members in Smuggler's Den and then being *attacked* by them the next night hurt me deeply. I am no longer angry, but it will take quite some time for me to see MoK in a good light again.

And we both know, Meister, that without MoK there, your attack would have failed. You had the element of surprise, you had us out-numbered and out-healed(by FAR), and you generally out-organized(is that a word?) us. I salute you for your organizational skills that night.

Softtouch's post above is 100% correct. IR had no formal policy yet, as NW had just come out and we were learning just like all the non-NW Beta people(and we still are). To answer your origional question some posts ago.....the Controller that was there belonged to Obsidian Order. The Controller had not even a single Defense tower, or we would not have attacked that night. Not one person showed up to defend, or we would have stopped. How do I know? Because I was the Tank(not that one was really needed......a ql150 Controller by itself didn't hit very hard). So this was really just a spur-of-the-moment thing on IR's part, and for that I apologize as well. It was our thought that most likely *someone* would have come along soon and taken it down in it's current state anyway.........and better for Omni that it was Neutral than Clan. To reiterate: there were no defense or buff towers, just a lone Controller. And no Omni individuals were harmed. That's a stark contrast to *your* attack, obviously.

So I apologize for posting here in anger. As I've said, that's not me, or what I'm about. Those that know me will understand. Call it temporary insanity, I don't know........I just needed a day to calm down. And I apologize to the defenders, too.....I said some things in chat and in vicinity that were also overridden by my anger at the time, and I was wrong there too. Have no fear, I'm *almost* back to my normal, loveable self hehe
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Wow! Yesterday I heard that same 'Voice' and it said substantially the same thing...not to worry there would be peace.

What does this mean?

Originally posted by Benjacrat
    Ben sits down at a table at the East end of Newland, and thinks to himself.

"Why dont they see. There could be peace...Why cant they stop focusing on the Clan and Omni alignment and focus on the values of the individual. After all that is what is the most important, an individuals values. A blind puppet has no values. Are they all blind puppets? Is my work these past months for nothing..."

Suddenlt Ben hears a quiet Voice in his comm unit. He looks down and sees no displayed picture, or an origin for the message. The Voice speaks...

"Ben, Do not worry. I see what you are doing. I have heard the peoples cries, and there will be peace..."

Shivers run down Ben's spine as the Voice whispers in tones unimaginable by the Solitus mind. Slowly Ben responds.

"who...Who are you?" Ben trembles as he speaks.

"I am but a Voice. But a Voice can do many things..." Silence comes over the Comm unit.

"Are you still there?" Ben asks with a wisp of concern in his voice.

The Voice booms.

"I must go Ben. Do not fear...I am always with you. I am a Voice."

And silence once again envelopes the signal.

I dont know Nel. It scared me to death, when the Voice just came right out of my Comm. There was no warning of an incoming message.

I hope it was benevolant.

I talk to squirrels...mebbe Im your voice?

Sammiches for everyone!

Boci-The Original Fatbodied Soldier
    Bociwen-His Gimpy MA Nephew

President, Lucifers Dawn--Bringing Change at Gunpoint
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

you talk to what?

((OOC: There are no squirrels on Rubi-Ka, and this is an RP thread.))

Whats a squirrel? :/

after mucho research, i discovered a "squirrel" is the genetic founder of the ever popular Leet...but theyve not been seen on rubi ka for centuries...the last dying in a private zoo...yet..i can speak to them..
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

hmm...interesting

Post well...

(((MEMO)))

Here is how it works people...

My door, my communication channels are always open. Neutral and other Omni organizations alike are welcome to use these lines at any time they wish. I have even been known to share a Bronto Burger with honorable individuals from the other side.

Mercenaries of Kai is exactly that. We work for Omni-Tek. We will protect her interests for the compensation we recieve.

Mercenaries of Kai is also available to be hired by other Omni organizations. And we will answer this call whenever necessary.

War has no concience. War is not pleasant. War is not forgiving and war does not care about personal relationships or conflicts.

MoK recently attacked and destroyed a Neutral base in Southern Fouls Hills so that Pol could expand their territories. There were no treaties established between MoK and the previous owners (neutral) of this land, so as described in our charter, we answered the call to battle and laid waste to the base, flattening it and killing everyone who got in our way.

MoK cares about 2 things. Profit and success. Our profitabillity depends on Omni's success, I think you can see the relationship.

Read whatever you like, between the lines. I highly suggest, if you feel you can present Mok with a reason not to attack neutral territories, you communicate this to my office within the next 72 hours.

Notum = Profit
    Profit = Success
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast