Thread: Who needs roots when you have Crowd Control(tm)

Who needs roots when you have Crowd Control(tm)

Meeting at XXX by XXX to make Redemption more broke was the call. The night before they had all but destroyed redemptions base, and were back to finish the job. This time, however, with reinforcements. Thats me, one of the reinforcements. I show up, get buffed, I'm ready for action.

Server Lost.

God's sake, the fighting hasn't even started yet. So I wait a few minutes and wait for the mob to relocate and log back in, then head to the base.

Now entering overcrowded area!!

Er ok I'll wait here! Next thing I see is someone dying just out of my cast range because Crowd Control had dictated I should probably stay where I was. "Ok," I say to myself, "I'll go the other way." Nope, I guess crowd control only liked me where I was. That wasn't so bad, there weren't any hostiles around me so I just chilled and waited for crowd control to get over itself.

Few minutes pass and poof I'm wisked away to the other side of the base along with 10 or so people. "Good idea," I thought, "we can still have fun and not lag the snot out of everyone on the other side." So we start on a few towers. Next thing I know a few clanners show up. In fact, a lot of clanners show up. So we start to retreat away from the base. Whoa, bad idea. Crowd control was happy with us riiight where we were. So there I stood, blind, deprived, and rooted by crowd control. I think whotan was the one who finally got me. Not sure why he wasted an alpha on me. He could have dropped his gun and slapped me to death. I certainly wasn't going anywhere.

Crowd Control is still in testing though, so you (I) have to be patient.

So you ask, "But Onisa, why are you posting this crap if you understand the problems of testing a new system like this?" Well, I learned something today. And I hope to better your experience on Rubi-Ka with my newfound understanding. The moral of the story is this:

If you EVER get a crowd control message the answer is NOT to run away, the answer is NOT to stay there. The answer is to close Anarchy Online, and wait for the battle to run its course. If you're being attacked and can't logout, push alt F4 twice. You'll thank me in the long run.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

Bitterness
    Natural Selection doesn't have crowd control. It's free, too.

Natural Selection requires Half-Life. And they STILL sell copies of that old game!
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Natural Selection is a very cool mod, with very cool setting.

(why are we talking about it here?)
    Omni-Tek soldier Bloodcub, Veteran of Tranquility

Original posted by cordura
    WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

Natural Selection is cool but has its own issues.

And you can have the Counter-Strike Retail as well to play NS.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Thumbs up

Ok, so Crowd Control = Work on playing ALT.

Gotcha!