Thread: Lag Death

Lag Death

Once again, I was killed by lag death.

Is it so hard to analyse if there is pour network conditions, and impliment maximum damage rates? At least that way the player would see the problem, have a chance to react, and maybe not seeing the reclaim booth and start thinking about swg.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

My last lag death was like that.

Running through my mission. All of the sudden i get rubber banded into another room, all the doors turned black, getting attacked by a mob i can't see. Since the doors are black, can't escape, i don't see the mob, i can't fight, only thing you can do is die.

Oh and BTW, just for your information about SWG. They are going to allowed only 1 (ONE) character per server. Only that it's enough to prevent me for playing that game.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

1 per server

there is nothing to stop people having two accounts. the prices for these games is hardly prohibitive. Two accounts is a nicer solution anyway.

And, they will have issues with lag deaths too.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Funcom won't fix LD:s, black doors and rubberbanding.

I suspect it's been put in the game deliberately to prevent people from levelling too fast.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

that's.... funny. =|

actually, since i experienced my first black doors before anyone told me i couldn't go through them, i tried, and about 50% of the time, i CAN. also they frequently turn back to normal after a minute or two. maybe this is a different problem, just a trouble shooting note, in case someone reads this that cares...

Hey, I care

The black door state is an odd one,

I have been able to complete missions in black door state, with my pets and I taking damage, but the health bars not going down. I have walked through black doors, and sometimes I am stuck. I think what is happening, is the room is not yet available, so you see a black door, but comes available when you attempt to go through it.

When I see black doors now I usually blitz or run for the entrance if I want to token. It seems though that leaving maze and finishing mission are independant.

I am sure this would be an exploit if someone thought about it too long, because you are able to bypass the defenders, grab the lewt, and there is no chance of death, unless the black door state passes before you get to front door.

By the way, if I ever got challened with this let me show you the script:

GM: You are exploiting by using black door state to finish a mission without attacking, we shall have to ban me.

Ani: Ahh, so you finally admit that black door state is a reality.

GM: Yes, and you were using it to exploit.

Ani: Its a glitch, I agree, but the alternative is to die. Given the two choices, I chose life. Considering there is nothing i can do to alleviate the situation, I do feel blameless in this matter, and unable to stop it from happening.

GM: Nontheless we are going to ban you for 3 days.

Ani: In three days, I am going to come back, give all my stuff away, and depart Rubi Ka forever, because this is not my fault, and I am getting the blame for FC's design. Please procede with the ban, you were the final straw.