Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yalm paint error - waste of 11mil credits

Angry Yalm paint error - waste of 11mil credits

Ok so I just purchased NW after waiting almost 2 weeks for Comp USA to get a shipment. I install it and go to the Tower store. And buy Red Paint
    " Auto Paint V. 301 - XL Vivid Red - NODROP Quality Level 1!
    Description: Use this item on your "Yalmaha XL - 29478" to customize it with a decreased susceptiblity to "Root" programs, a new layer of paint and an overall boost to your defenses.

So I paid 11 mill for this paint. Then....

I have a Yalmaha XL- 29478
    Quality Level "Special"
    Veh Air 94 Required. Mine is 150ish.

Then when I try to paint my yalm it said.

"Your yalmaha must be lvl 130 or better.

GRRR Fun Com? Please fix this.

Yep, I just did the same thing...........tried to use Gold paint on my Yalm which used to be ql34ish before the change to "Special" status. Which brings up another question..........how can the paint have a ql req when Yalms no longer come with ql tags?
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

That makes no sense whatsoever! Gitt'em Skull.
    Chinarain
    Omni-Exploration Corps.

?

Ummm...If the numbers are hidden, howintheheck are you supposed to tell what paint you can use? Cripes. As if it wasent silly enough that a bloody can of paint costs 11 million credits, its an 11 million credit can of paint that you CANT USE...

My head hurts.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Those pains are crap anyway. Gold looks yellow, red looks orange.

Well I actually like the gold color but 11 million credits?! Come on I spent only 4.8 million for the yalm itself. And the description of the paint does not give any QL for the yalm only the model number. Please fix.

nothing

Again funcom fails the customer with this bug. It ruined my
    buying experiance for Notum Wars. If this paint is not fixed by
    monday I will consider cancelling my account.

What they need to (aside from fixing the QL bug) is make the red more red, with dark black where the shadows and window are. And the gold more sparkly.

Mmmm. sparkly. I was hoping for a nice dark blue/azure, but no luck when I went shoppin' in Rome.
    Chinarain
    Omni-Exploration Corps.

The yalmaha change color due to them using the shiny texture I think, the paint just add another transparant layer. What they should do instead is retexture the yalmaha. The windows do not look good, make them black or something, at least darker. If FC want money sinks they need to make them appealing. And more colors, alot more colors to choose from (if this could be done without adding more different textures to load etc).

If we had say 20 colors to choose from, I know ALOT more people would run and buy their favorite color, well I would heh (original black!).
    "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
    Member of the Dragon's Claw - Mercury Dragons

Beach - ".... this is a hospital.... observe silence.... "

I agree Ishii, they should have more colors to choose from. But before they even think about that, fix the dam paint!

Also agree with Miria, lower the cost down a little, jeez. Does a paintjob for your car cost over 6K dollars? I don't think so. Well... unless your get your paint somewhere that I would care not to know about :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

Yea they should fix that bug and give us tons of new colors for our yalms.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Good News

Good(ish) news: the faulty paint will apparently be corrected in the next patch rather soon.

I also bought a can of paint for 9.6 Million and was slightly disappointed with the spray not functioning, so I petitioned and waited for some hours... The advisor that appeared told me they could not turn off the incorrect requirement then and there, but I should keep the paint and it should turn usable next patch. I hope that patch is very soon. I hope the same patch corrects my Hacked Enhansed Senses Symbio-Graft that still requires Agent (another ark told me hmmm a week ago or so that it would be corrected in the next patch which was last week I guess but did not correct it).

Anyway, keep your paint cans and test after each forthcoming patch, one day it will work...
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

and it wasnt a waste of credits from the beginning..na..

I don't mind the credits if the paint works. Contrary to some comments above I think it is perfectly reasonable that a renovation job that paints and alters the performance of your expensive Yalmaha is even more expensive. Yalmahas were supposed to be something of a status item, coloured ones are a little bit more of such an item now that almost everyone has a regular one.

Easy for me to say if I'm rich enough to not panic if I think I just lost abot 10 M credits? Maybe but I still can't afford any of the really expensive new vehicles and I think that's ok too, I'll try and make some money and later decide if I want to spend a ridiculous amount for one of them just because they look cool or if I'd rather buy something useful like a Virrall Egg...
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

Good point, I totally forgot they enhanced preformance...

Oh well, I'll stick with giving us more colors then
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

MORE COLORS! After the bug is fixed. I want a nice Azure or Royal blue or perhaps Hunter Green.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Wonder Woman!

I want a paint that makes the yalm almost 100% translucent!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

it is fixed now anyways ;D paint ur yalm and have fun.... i had the same prob but now my yalm is red

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast