Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Soloing and Cooperation

Cool heya

I have a few ideas on this . There are two main tanking professions (soldier and enforcer), they both seemed like they're pretty balanced, but what about Martial Artists? They come with aggression nanos that avert the attention of the mob to themselves, but they seem to be unsuited for tanking. Opifex is one of the more fragile breeds, they don't come with a lot of hp. I would never cast the aggro nano unless i wanted to die. (maybe i need hp implants lol)
    As far as the MA nanos go, they are great. It seems like everyone wants an MA on their team. (We've got AC, Crit Hit, Heal, Brawl, MA, Evade, Init. and Run _Buffs_ Maybe their damage could be increased a little though lol.
    You guys also need some higher level hunting spots... Missions just get boring after a while. Medusas in Eastern Foul Plains used to be fun, but then you made it impossible for anyone to hunt there. Mort also used to be a lot of fun, but the borgs don't spawn enough and is overpopulated. I like to stay with a team, maybe more outposts or save spots would be a good idea so people can meet. It would also be cool if missions could give out tokens to every player of the team, since it was a team effort, not an individual effort.
    Also... lower the monthly fee! Those are my thoughts, thanks

134 MA Diddykong
    Dragon Coalition
    Rubi-Ka 1
    2/22/02

GUI:

The "battlespam" (game feedback) and interaction (player feedback) _must_ be separated. The way it currently works, you dont have the slightest chance getting any sort of information through.

Have either 2 horizontally split chatboxes (or for those with low res, a vertically split window), where any game feedback (getting healed, attacked by x, all battlespam) goes in one window and all player feedback (/tells, guild channels, zone channels etc) goes in the other. Tradechannels and lfg channels also fits in the "battlespam" window.
    Cheers,
    Ellusion
    Anarchy Arcanum
    ---
    201 Ellusion, Doctor | Eqp
    202 Snowfish, Agent | Eqp
    215 Edeus, Doc-pet | Eqp

Proud General of Ragnarok

From a soldier's point of view:

Fix agro enhancer's so they actually are worth the ip's that are put into them, using one that is a QL 25 level's above my level and it's practically useless.

Fix gun bugs. example: Doc is agroed and I am attacking that mob and I have 2 specials available and agro enhancer ready. Hit Burst and get message Wait for previous special to complete.. ??? Hit Fling and nothing happens then a moment later Reloading..??? Hit agro enhancer LOL I am not doing ANY damage and the useless agro emhancer is even MORE useless because the mob has absolutely no reason to hate me at this point. Good God fix this already!!!

Target name in GUI: Please put a darkened area behind the name of the target in upper left of the screen so we can read it under all conditions. Asssist does not always work properly, too often I get the message Target is not currently in a fight and there may be several targets to choose from in a large fight and not being able to read that I am trying to attack someone's PET on Tab is ridiculous.

Just fixing the stuff we ALREADY have thats supposed to make us more usefull in a group would be a giant leap forward

Post Hmmm.. that article...!

Well Gaute, I am feeling that in Rub2 teaming is to hard when u reach a lvl around 110-120. The most of the players make a new char. or two. So there is not easy to find a team. Sometimes I can use several hours online before a team is formed. And when u just have done some few exp, one or two is leaving the team. So there is to much time used on sitting and do a team search. That make the game boring. And then ppl start making them a new char, so they can have some excitment in this game. So when u are talking about teaming Gaute. Then I guess u are talking most for the lower lvl players. As a lvl 130 soldier to day, I need 5,75 mil EXP to lvl up once. Each mob I am able to kill solo is 4K-8K EXP. In team I can kill them and get up to 120K each (some ACE), but mostly 20-40K EXP each. And we can get a lvl on 4-5 hours if the team is staying together.

So as all the other I have started a lower lvl char. So I can have some excitement in this game. Because it is to boring to sit there and wait for a team to get formed. Are u doing anything for those who have reach lvl 110-120 and up? Or are u putting on a break. So that u slow down theire leveling? The only excitment I have to day is to try and sprint missions for items. But I guess u will do our MK-shields weaker to. So that advantige is soon also taken away from us. Our special shot is removed. The burst and the fling is lower then the usual shot. Must be a reason for that. And the reload bug.. well... arghh...!! Could u Gaute promise me that one - 1- patch in the near future will do something good for the soldier? ( I guess also the fixer's will join me in my complain on that.) U have developed the soldier from something OKI, to something useless. The strenght that they schould have is removed and they weapons they used are useless. Since the special on the gun is doing less dmg then the usual shot. That and the high amount of EXP do that we just need teaming if we will have some EXP. And so far on the social part in this game. Yes I am sosial and the most other are. So why do u make that article?? Are u going to push us further in to teaming?

And Gaute can't those who is reading this threads from FC do some good answer. I feel that there is just so hard to get stright answers. Like Yes and No... when u ask a direct question. It schould not be so.

I like the game in general. And I have it better now as a lvl 130 soldier. (Except from the slow EXP hunt) Much better then I had it when i was a lvl 40-110 soldier. Then i was so depended on a team to do anything at all. Now I can at least get the sprint a missions kick. Die some times and restore and run in it again and a again. And after some time I can hold the item I wanted so bad. And of course somethime I do manage to get in to a team and gain a lvl. But there schould be more to it then that!! I feel also that it is to few hunting spots.

Armor!! Well I ude a coat. Why bother to use a tank-armor. No better AC then the coat. And u don't get those high nano-costs and the evade drawback. So I can hardly see any use a tank-armor.

Aimabel - Soldier Rub2

very, very good article . . .hit a few nails on the head.

The hectic nature is one, thats true, but as someone with limited time to play, soloing is very important to me, I'm happy running missions at 50/60% to play for an hour or two.

I'd say that as long as the changes only effected team areas then that would be a very very good thing.

The reason that the skillsets aren't there in general is because there is no real incentive to team other then faster levelling, and when you do thats just what happens, everyone is in a rush to level, no more, no less. Don't get me wrong I've grouped with some good players who know their class, just not many.

I can only draw on previous experience from EQ and UO, and while downtime was occasionally a pain, a good group, who knew not just their roles, but back-up and secondary responsibilities made the gaming experience a whole new affair. High level EQ was thrilling (once you sat through the boredom of the four hours it actually took to get all the relevant players together at the right place!) when raiding a high level zone like the temple of Veeshan, or taking small groups through Kael or Sirens . . .despite the pain of the organisational time, I enjoyed those sessions immensly, its just that outside organised raids I couldn't keep playing EQ because it took hours to find something worthwhile to do. AO solved that for me, I have solo'd almost completely my two main characters to level 40+, and enjoyed it (probably because I play in smaller doses then most)

. . .but AO needs a point to it in terms of group play . . .more unique or rare loot tables would help and I like the sound of random boss mobs in specific areas. (you'd have to try and avoid camping though)

I'd be all for these changes

Make soloing missions for xp viable at high level.
    Currently we get much less xp over time than when grouping and some people (I'm one of those except on week-ends) don't have a lot of time to play after work.

My suggestions :
    - Highly increase the xp reward of radar types missions (blitzing is not a problem anymore because no xp/token are given if we kill nothing). Make this xp reward 1k xp per lvl of the mission (or ql of the reward item) after lvl 80 (when soloing isn't an option anymore due to the insane amount of time required to get any decent xp even if our character is strong enough to do it).
    - Xp reward from a mob should not only depend on its level but also on its total life (enforcer/soldiers npc take much longer to kill and are much harder than caster types, they also have insane AC, over 10k for the most powerful).

Team xp is ok as it is. Only soloing needs a serious fix. The only reason to solo is to get a token and some cash right now.

The other major problem is tokens :
    If you don't farm them at lvl 6, you can forget about ever getting a 1000 tokens board. I know it shouldn't be easy to earn it but it's currently impossible without a huge time sink, at lvl 88 it takes me more than 2 hours to clear a large mission and get a token : I've been soloing most of the time since lvl 1 and only have 180 tokens. At the current rate it would take me around 2000 hours (ie 83 days of played time) to get 1000.
    My suggestion is to give a small chance to get one when fighting an orange or above mob solo and killing it (like 0.1% chance per lvl of the monster). Killing higher lvl mobs at low lvl is easy so make it work only at lvl 75+.
    You could also give a token to all members of a team who defeat a very tough unique monster.

My last point as a bow using MA : put more bows in the game. I like the oneida razor half bow idea but it has too many req to be used and the damage isn't so great. Why not make one with bow+full auto (or bow+any other single range special attack), slow but with high damage to be used efficiently as part of an alpha strike. I'd rather switch between 10 good bows during a fight than overequip one which does everything but with average damage.
    Anyway I like bows better than fists, they do way more damage, even the weakest ones.

i just read the article and.....

i would love to do team missions like that i am always looking for a huge unique boss monster to fight and drop some rare item, i posted in pvp section about this too, it would be nice to be fighting out in omni forest killing eye monsters , biofreaks, tnetacle muntants, etc. when all of the sudden they just go away and there is this biga** monster or this red monster standing right beside you and the only way to defeat is with a team.

Now on the power thing of course teams need healers, docs or what ever i dont usally group if a doc isnt in the mix, and believe or not i have friends who have actually found a use for those agent skills that freeze monsters in there tracks (saved us many a time too). And there should be a few more powerful aggresion diverters becuase at one point i was using the more powerfl genral aggresion diverter and getting no response from the char i was attacking and that char ended up killing my doc on the team and then wiping the floor with the rest of us.

Thanks for listening to my obscene ranting.
    Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. - Ash (Evil Dead)

Lightbulb Just a little sumthing

I think one thing that would greatly enhance teamplay would be a team fly nano, to bring the poor unfortunate souls that dont have yalms

Another thing that would be great would be a little window always showing coords and or a button to say/shout those coords

that would help getting around greatly.

Then Id like to ask the MP third pet, WHY ?? they dont bring crowd control to tthe MPs since they almost never work, couldnt you have come up with something completely new like cloaking the team for a brief time or enhancing the teams nano skills during the time or my all time favorite would be a nano pet giving nano like the heal pet gives health, but that would of course take out the role of the NT who only has the humi to offer in team play.

Soloing an MP is great as long as you dont do missions, You have to have 3rd person view so you can select your pets fast and buff them but as everybody knows 3rd person in mission means stuck cameras run into walls etc ... and if your camera isnt stuck then the pet is ... the team dies cause the heal pet decided to stay in the last room...

No static dungeons for me, and no mission tokens either, I have a level 80 Mp and have 14 tokens (and I have tried cause I need that health buff) My 50 Enf have hundreds .... go figure

Lots of whining here with people saying that their class is the worst bla bla bla. I want Funcom to fix ALL professions so that it is at least possible to solo a 50% difficulty mission past level 120. I know most professions can't, and this needs to be fixed. If I want, I should at least have a chance of reaching level 200 purely by soloing (although it will take much longer).

Second, I want team missions to be fixed. Give the whole team a token if the mission is completed. Increasing the XP reward on full XP missions would be a nice thing too since you can't run missions for xp anymore.

Sounds really nice if we can get mobs that are like a "boss" in a team mission. I really enjoy getting rare loot, but I don't think those special items should only be dropped by one type of enemy (for example the NPC camping that has happened to get the vest, the shades etc.). I want it to be completely random as i truly HATE camping.

I don't think more professions should be able to have crowd control nanos. Mezz is very powerful as it is today as one of my friends can mezz himself through a lvl 200 mission. I see flaws with mezzing too though as it seems to be very easy to get aggroed if unsuccesfull. And why is it that roots get broken when you attack, but roots don't get broken when mobs root you and shoot/punch you?

You also wanted to get suggestions on teaming in general, and all I can say is please give lvl 120+ somewhere to hunt. I am at a point now where I loathe missions. All we can do is missions. That has resulted in Broken Shores - City of Homes becoming the worst zone in the game. I can't even go there anymore as I go LD about every 2 minutes. Sure there are Pain Lords to kill etc, but that is way too risky when you can stay "safe" inside a mission. Lots of people say explore, there are LOTS of places to hunt etc. Who would want to hunt in very high risk areas, when missions are so much easier, and you can actually escape through the door? I'm not saying that we should be able to hunt easily and without any sort of risk, but at least provide some viable places (yes, I agree the medusas were way too easy).

As for the support classes issue. PLEASE get rid of the spamming nanos that crats and engies have. Nobody wants them as they interfere casters and are really annoying. I like the idea of those buffs though, so I don't want them to be gone, but please stop the constant spamming.

Finally two wishes I have. Can we please have some more armor types? For example armor that is based on agi/stam, int/agi etc. I'm a solitus and silly me haven't raised strength (well I have 100 exactly in strength), so it is hard for me to get into QL 200 armor when other breeds can fit into their armor more easily several levels earlier. Would be nice to have solitus friendly armor that needs maybe 3-4 abilities to be able to wear.

Second and I know this has been acknowledged by Cosmik is that pet classes really need a command, nano, whatever to be able to summon our pets right next to our feet when they get stuck. Fixing missions so that morphed adventurers and engies and slayerdroids can get through doors would be really nice too.

Pardon if the things I've said has been repeated several times before.

Did not read every post ahead of me here so if this is already mentioned, just count this as an additional vote

Maps :

Please give us custom waypoints

/waypoint xxx yyy or similar...

map refs would also be neat... stand in a spot, create a map ref and dump it on the chat to give your team a nav point.

Both of these should be doable using existing game mechanics ?

Thank you for listening
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Agent and Roots

Well you said that agent or profession that actually have the capability of "freezing" enemies cannot be so usefull.
    I'm firmly that nano as "Delay" or "Postpone encounter" can be very useful in many situation...
    I mean, i saved many matesby freezing a mob that was getting aggro and running after them.
    The one thing i am perplessed is that this kind of nanos doesnt' work actually as well as they should ...
    Well sometimes you cast "Delay", "Postpone Encounter" and "Paralize with indecision" on a single enemy so that you expect him to really get slower or at least slower than normal....well i noticed that this happen a very few times....so rare to see a Monolith blubbag stopp in the middle of the forest when you're most in need of this to happen =(
    Maybe with an higher effectivity or efficiency of this kind of freezing nanos, the agent or similar professions could be really re-evaluated.
    I said my opinion thats' all folk =)

bossmobs

since this article i just keep thinking about outdoor 'boss' mobs,
    and i really like the idea and want to put forth some suggestions.

boss mobs should be scary.
    not just because they have more HP or hit harder;
    dont just use the same model and call it
    'really mean biocarcuss' or 'uber shade' ;P
    if you're going to do this, we need new monster models.
    if the boss mobs are related to exisiting mobs then base
    the model on that .. make these things really really horrible
    and maybe give them special nano abilities too.

examples:

tentacle-mutant boss is a multi-tentacled monster
    that does poison damage with chance to DoT.

shade boss is a big black fog-like beast
    that casts 20-second nanoshutdowns.

claw-mutant boss is a buffed up claw-mutant on sterioids
    that does similar damage to a normal claw in the area
    but at twice the speed .. and make the animation reflect
    the tornado of damage this guy does.

eye mutant boss can 'mez/stun/hypnotize'..
    or maybe blind?

DO NOT make boss mobs all about godlike HP/AC/damage.

remember the foundation of the idea is more fun/variety
    for players. . . not just another way to die and lose XP.

would is be possible to have the music change
    when a boss mob came within a certain distance?
    that would add greatly to the style/suspense.
    like when the monster in a horror movie enters the scene.

i would also love more unique mobs roaming the wilderness..
    and, please, they dont have to be rare once-a-day spawns.
    just make em wander randomly in one zone until they are killed
    and then they respawn randomly somewhere else in that zone.
    (to prevent camping)
    make these mobs of various high to low levels, and soloable
    to a player of same-level if one happens to wander by infront of you.
    they dont have to drop uber loot, something cool and special sure,
    but nothing you guys are gonna want to call 'rare'.

say one unique boss is a knife-wielding lunatic in a hockey mask
    so if you kill him, you get the mask and can wear it . . looks neat.
    give it some AC or something but not necessarily better than
    a helmet of any other armor type at the level of the mob who dropped it.
    or if it does give better than average AC, make it
    -10 intelligence too since it came from a lunatic.
    (all choices you give a player should have pros and cons afterall)

im a real junkie for wierd stuff with interesting modifiers.

maybe incorporate some of the wierd stuff dropped
    into tradeskills too .. like adding essence of jealousy
    in SoM to aggression enhancers .. that was a great idea!
    now let me build in the executioners cortex i found into
    any helmet i chose . . stuff like that.

please, no more profession-fixes implemented this way tho,
    (ala crat suits) . . that's just not fair.
    why does one profession get everything they need to be
    balanced from stores, while another has to jump thru hoops?

:shrug: just throwing out wacky ideas . .
    hoping it'll inspire some wacky ideas from you people at FC.

FC should have #1 priority right now:

Give us team missions with reward and token for whole team.
    Give us guildhouses with guild item bank(s).

Does it look like two things, oh yes, but they cover the same thing, MMORPG's are all about doing things with and for friends. Those two things will make life better for all of us because we then can work together, making imbalance issues less frustrating.

Nanogater
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Cool Soloing Changes

Hi, I just read your post on what can make soloing better.
    I agree to you adding Boss Mobs and special loot always makes for a more interesting end of level. Your other Ideas are quite alright also. Onto teaming to be honest I am a level 128 engineer and without getting Major Buffs Like Infuse or Mochans gift we engineers cannot SOLO activly in missions,, I mean at my level i can cast an orange pet, without buffs. Which means we as engineers have to negate all the DOOR WATER GRIDS ARCHs in any mission, Try pulling a 12ft robot through a 5ft door and see..
    Also at my level im fighting Vetrans in missions I have 2900HP and 4000ACs buffed If I become a target for a VET you can gaurentee If my BOT dose'nt aggro him quick Im dead. AT level 125 I capped my MC ST MM all around 723 Buffed which means I can not raise those main skills for another 25 levels. This would mean by time I reach Level 150 the pets Im using without Major Buffs will be grey, I Just got into QL190 Implants last night.

Outside hunting in groups mm.. The most effective team for hunting anywere is 2 engineers 2 Mps 1 Fixer 1 Doc.... Im sorry to say this but the reason for this is PETS are replacable at the cost of no XP... people arnt. Soldiers..Efnforcers..NTs.. all have good power ratios and would be my second choices to team with.. Traders and Crats I think in my 128 levels I have only ever teamd with a crat and trader twice.. No offence guys.

Also Team Hunting isint that hard... depending on what your hunting what we are really lacking is INADEQUATE reclaim or save machines near hunting grounds or out of the way missions, IM not saying Dot them all over the Place..

I also think there Should be a lot more Higher level hunting grounds, from Level 1-80 there are plenty but from level 90-130 I havent seen that many and those we do find are really camped.
    I guess medusas are for levels 150+ but what have you got after MEDS- there needs to be more of a variety for TOP levels to Hunt fine make them like medusas and ACEs 1-2 hit kills but lets see diff ones...

I posted a suggestion in the game mechanics forum that I think is alot better than changing indvidual classes to improve teaming, I would like to hear what people think.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&threadid=8002
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

Speaking of co-operative/ team missions, one idea that I would like fixed is the spawn times in static-dungeon-with-uber/ unique loot. Make each item one-per-character/ no-drop, or put them on quest timers if having 2 is possible - eg multiwieldable weapons. Make the xp for kills on boss mobs drop by half after the first time - so it is worthwhile to help out the rest of the team, but not worth camping.

Most of all - do one of these things :
    Drop the spawn time to about 5 minutes for the boss mob or
    Award the item to every team member.

We did Nelebs dungeon a few weeks ago, diving in straight after work. Not counting the LDs and stuff, we waited an hour for the previous group to finish, and eventually I had to log after another hour and a half or so since I had to get a little sleep before work in the morning. It's just too long. No-one can do anything with more than one robe, it's not like he's worth so much xp that he gets camped for it - why not speed the thing up?

Of course, the second option (one per team member) requires some sort of control - only award it to characters who gained xp from the kill (no 'carrying' characters of too low a level to get them a twink item) or give them REASONABLE level requirements to equip. Eg - the armour that protects like QL70 armour and requires Level 70 - no-one at level 70 can afford to wear QL70 armour and survive soloing. Even 60 would be nice. Thats another argument though.

(Edited for spelling, probably missed some)

Talking My thoughts on teamwork

First of all, let me say that I am *thrilled* to see that Funcom is asking for feedback on this issue, because this one is vital to the enjoyment of the game at higher levels. Gaute, forgive me, this might be a bit lengthy....

Let me say first of all, that I usually group with a friend of mine, (we have been playing online games now for about 15 months, we team well together). This is a GREAT game for grouping. We have several pairs of characters, we like to test out different professions to see which are compatible. We've had a pretty good time with our mains: adventurer/agent. But we also have an adventurer/soldier team, and a doc/fixer (we'll have to see how that one goes...) We are usually able to incorporate other people into our little group, but we usually request/require some things from people we group with, if they want to be invited back... And folks, if you have ever wondered what makes a good team, listen up...

(1) Put one person in charge of your expedition. And LISTEN to that person. When that person tells you, hold back, I'll pull to here, or just sneak past, do it. Don't send out your pet, or charge up to the mob in the next room, or under the next tree. That's how you get your healer (usually me) or your puller (usually my friend) killed fast

(2) if you're leading the expedition, mission, raid, whatever... TALK to your group, let them know what's going on. There is nothing more frustrating than to be in a group where the leader doesn't tell you anything... where you're going... what you're hunting.... whether to hold back and let the pet pull the aggro, whatever. If there's no communication, chances are you'll die pretty fast.

(3) I know all the pet classes are going to squawk at me... but... folks, if you got pets, and you're not the puller, then keep your pet under control. I've seen groups go under fast when people type /pet hunt someplace like the rhino cockpit....

(4) Have fun, and remember that this is a game, with a storyline, to roleplay. It isn't about who has the best wep, or the highest AC gear, or how big your, er, NCU is.

Ok... so that said.... on to healing. My current adventurer is actually my third one. Her number-one priority is healing, and in the absence of the doc, I'm what you're stuck with. Because my primary duty in a team or group is healing, I chose pistols. Melee + heals = instant aggro and interrupted programs. Are the healing skills effective in combat? ABSOLUTELY. Even in a full group, the mob doesn't always drop fast enough for everybody to survive. Often, I've scrambled pretty fast to keep 3 or 4 people healed, recharge, heal, first-aid, first-aid, heal some more. So, at least as far as the adventurer is concerned, this is a very very worthwhile skill. Please don't take it away!

Now... about crowd control.... we had a fixer/trader combo..... and I've more or less stopped playing that trader. For somebody whose nano skills are mostly light green, along with cheap nanoC inits, her casts are super-slow in-fighting. AND.... the swap psyche line, where the trader can take over an NPC, make it a pet, hunt, etc... it's nice, but very hazardous to the user. I found that if I used swap psyche, I was rooted, unable to move. Which is fine, as long as my pet lives.... if my 'pet' died.... well.... I was still frozen in place for the remainder of the program (as long as 2 minutes) and unable to flee when the big bad monster came looking for me.... if I had one suggestion to make about that, it would be that the trader should be able to at least flee if the 'pet' dies - and/or the trader should be able to click it away and 'free' the pet. If this has been nerfed, oops, I'll take my foot out of my mouth now, as I already said, it's been awhile since I played her...

About missions/strategy/etc... I really would like to see what a team mission has to offer. As it stands, the only real challenge my friend and I face is the 'break', isolating the 3 mobs waiting in the main room of most missions. We've found a way to do this, and it's pretty much the same from mission-to-mission. So it might be interesting to find other challenges

Also... this game seems pretty much all about shooting, slicing, and dicing. I'm not really sure what else to say, except that something feels like it's missing... but I can't quite put my finger on it, I'll have to get back to you on that... But I know in EQ <insert your groans here> for example, an enchanter can mez, enhance various abilities of the team, and blast.... or most casters can stun the target, interrupting the NPC's casting. The only thing I've seen interrupt *my* casts have been melee/close combat... and I've never seen a PC interrupt an NPC using melee, casting, or ranged weaponry. So I guess I would say that perhaps there could be a little more strategy, or a little more enhancement, to give casters a little more edge over say, an enforcer with a beam...

As far as downtime goes, I LOVE not having to meditate or sit and recover health, etc. And it gives me quality time after we've completed a mission to roleplay with friends. The roleplay aspect of this game is great!

Now, I'm not sure I like the idea of 'larger and tougher' monsters suddenly spawning among their cannonfodder friends... This would probably discourage people. People usually seem to hunt areas and monsters that are already a challenge. Nobody wants to work their butt off only to get toasted right before they level, and lose 90k xp. However, I also think the NPC's should have abilities that match their level. For example, a group of level 40's shouldn't be able to easily kill mobs that are 30 or 40 levels higher (like cyborgs, for example) .... so perhaps some level 40 mobs should reflect a level 40 PC who has taken full advantage of all AC/buffs/implants out there.... give them a little more variety and leeway in their AC and abilities, to match the PC's.

Anyway, that's my two cents (ok, ok, more like 10 bucks worth)... for now, at least... I'll probably be back to post some more <feel free to insert more groans here>....

Celeste
    Adventuress
    54th season

p.s. The agg enhancers seem to be working, at least for our adventurer/agent team

Wink Re: My thoughts on teamwork

Originally posted by Celeste
    ...(3) I know all the pet classes are going to squawk at me... but... folks, if you got pets, and you're not the puller, then keep your pet under control. I've seen groups go under fast when people type /pet hunt someplace like the rhino cockpit....
    nah, i think we engineers don't go *squawk* at you ... ,)

i hate that myself durin the rare moments i'm in a group ,)

squawk, cool word hehehehehe whatever it means, tho .... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Re: Soloing!

Originally posted by FunFixer
    Quote "We have tried to make Anarchy Online an MMORPG where you can solo through a large part of your gaming experience, if this is indeed what you want to do."

Yes you have tryed and failed, as an Agent I simply can´t solo anymore.
    Dont tell me it´s becouse Im underequipped, Im lvl 50 with a full set of QL 90 or more implants, and a QL 120 rifle, and over 1400 AC! And even with over 120 ncus full of nanos Im having trouble soloing greens!

Sorry to tell you this but youre kinda underequipped....
    I got a lvl8 Agent with ql58 rifle, 66NCU, 530AC..... At lvl12 i can prolly solo you. kidding.

Do you have enough time for socialisation?

In some other MMORPGs there is a much higher "down-time" factor. (Down-time, the time you wait before you can fight again after last battle.) You can sit for several minutes just gazing at your spellbook or such. The only thing you can do in that period is chat with your team or friends. Do you miss this? Is AO too hectic, too fast-paced? Remember the downtime is very much created for your ability to play solo, so in a team - you are a non-stop-fighting-machine. (Pardon the pun )

Please do not change this, the reason why I have dropped all other MMORPG's is due to the long downtime between fights. If u solo in Everquest for example u can have a downtime between mobs for 3 - 5 minutes and that sucks to much. To much of your time will go with meditation and healing.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast