Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: Soloing and Cooperation

PK?

Maybe you could improve groupng and such by adding a more PvP enviroment (ill explain)... or if thats to much, maybe add a server deticated to PvP... One of my favorite MMORPG's of all time (besides this one) was Asherons Call... and not the "carebear" servers, but Darktide, the PK only server... i cant tell you how much fun everyone has there... how tense everything gets, and on top of that, the player created politics are simply incredible, if maybe AO could implement an alliegence system like AC. Its amazing. EQ has AI factions... kill 3 million orcs and people will like you...i thought that was BORING... on AC its the same way, but you kill somone and you have an entire monarchy ranging in people from 10-6000 people not only NOT likeing you... practicly HUNTING you down and KOS'ing... kill on site. you talked about groups... well hunting would bring a whole new meaning with PvP! imagine that you cant go out of town alone or you might get killed, or raided while your camping your favorite place to hunt! so you gotta defend it! almost like something out of a real science fiction or fantasy novel aint it? heh, im just throwing ideas into the air, i could go on forever about how cool i think PvP adds politics and realism to a game!! but... of course with PvP you need to work on ALOT of balance of characters or you have another Dark Age of Camelot game... heh

Some thoughts

Gaute

As a EQ player of 2 years, I have some ideas for you. Yes I'm sure the dev team probably played AC, EQ, UO just like we did when they were thinking about stuff for AO.

This game lacks a few things that EQ had:

1. Fear - no not the plane the feeling. The feeling that as you traveled somewhere you could get cut down even at lvl 60 if you werent carefull. Fear made EQ fun. It was the same with dungeons, if the whole group died the corpse run was usually tense. Now I don't want to see corpse runs implemented casue frankly I hated them, big waste of precious time.

2. Accomplishment - That feeling that you and your friends really triumphed over something. You pooled your collective skills, followed a plan and totally kicked butt.

3. Large group encounters - this sorta goes with accomplishments. I found it fun to get 4 or more teams of 6 together to take something out. Raids brought guilds together in EQ and made people proud of their affiliations. Nice boon to socialization. Good raid leaders were revered in the community for their strategic abilities and managment skills.

4. Class Specific Armor - Everyone in AO wears a Primus or Nano coat past lvl 150 it seems. EQ had it's problems here to to some degree but there was variance due to rarity. But it would still be nice to see a opi MA, Trader, Fixer and Agent and sorta be able to tell them apart. We now have either people wearing omnipol and a primus coat or flowers and a primus coat.

5. Classes were a bit more defined - This is kind of a sticky point cause I agree and disagree with this. No one really contended that Warriors weren't the best tanks in EQ or that clerics weren't the best healers. Sure there was cross over in the classes but you could still see a defining point to each class. Currently in AO; 70% of the classes cary a shotgun, 10% assault rifles, 10% sniper rifles 2% nothing, 3% melee weapons. So yes there is some difference but we have a nasty trend starting where classes are becomming vanilla. As a MA the only defining point to my class is buffs cause everyone can choose to use MA attacks and everyone can choose to use dimach/brawl and everyone can use MA weapons if their skill is high enough.

6. High Level Content - Yeah I understand that you guys planned on a 4 year story and probably didn't anticipate the zeal of your player base in both the sheer power leveling and exploiting to get to higher levels fast. But at 164 there isn't much to do accept grind EXP everytime I log in. Sure better places to hunt would be nice but I would like to see missions where we have to go assasinate a super mob behind enemy lines and it's so hard that the exp equals a mission amd maybe it takes more then one group and maybe it drops MA armor that is really cool. Maybe we could get missions to raid bases or something.

In EQ I couldn't wait to get to the high levels cause there was stuff I just couldn't touch as a lvl 34 Warrior. I had to get 46 to go to the plane of Hate. I had to get lvl 50 to be effective in Hate. Stuff like that. At high levels in EQ the game changed and it envolved knowing the right people in game, planning strategy and in alot of ways was a different type of excitement from the sub 45 game.

There is alot of good in this game don't get me wrong but I'm watching alot of my friends who I started the game with leave now cause they either get tired of getting stomped in pvp by the new class of the moment or they get bored by the exp grind. You guys have so much potential here and I hope that potential is realized.

Oh and please give us 2HE MA weapons please.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

EQ sucks tho =/

theres nothing to do in EQ... all i did when i started a warrior was desperatley search fro groups for hours at a time from level 5-20 ALL in crushbone... BORING!!!! i was like, isnt there anything else i can do besides push ` to start attacking then click a kick button once every 10 seconds and hope i win.... then sit my butt down and heal for 20 frickin minutes! man, makes me mad jes thinking about how 10 bucks was a waste for that game, =/
    AO already has EQ beat by hundreds of miles, your ALWAYS upgradeing and improving your character, theres DIFFERENT ways to improve your character, i mean hell, i goto bed after getting off wondering... hmm i wonder how and what kind of implants im going to try to get tomorrow so i can get my level 50 pet at level 30, always changing i think is the key... AC had that

Heh

It's gotten that bad in AO now to. At 164 I have logged on now 3 nights in a row and can't find a group. Most of my cronnies have either gotten bored and quit or rerolled new characters. The others just PVP all the time. I find that if I try and stay near others (in Cities) I just get a deluge of requests by lower levels for the best crit buff I can give them so they can go level or PVP.

SO in Essence I'm back to playing EQ accept their is no major mob to rally the troops to kill. There needs to be high level content.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

group missions

"Include different team-missions. Finally turn on the team-mission booths and give them tougher monsters, more of them, better loot and several levels. Maybe with a boss at the end? + Multiple reward and tokens."

yes...yes...and yes

Talking Downtime

I dont know about everyone else but its the social aspect that i like best. The only times I can ever have a conversation is if someone is giving me an item. I think more downtime even in a small amount would help imporve the social aspect of the game. I want to trade suggestions with people about good hunting spots and the like. This really hasn't occured yet for me at least. If anyone does want to talk about that then talk to Descent on RK2.

I read alittle -after- i posted an 'intelligent' suggestion. And I'm very dissapointed with the PARTICIPANTS, not FC.

I've seen things like "I'm a clanner and i'm pissed about mort"
    Or some other simular nonsense about things that are adding to the realizm of AO.

Think -REAL- carefull a moment. (i know its an unbeleivable stretch on your resources) If the story moves forward, independant of the players, it mirrors real life. (period)

Yes real life, like you cant controll when some stupid bleepard wants to cut you off in traffic, or you get miffed about getting a regular burger compaired to the cheese burger you wanted from your local grease pit.

I have only two words for the people here who want to complain about -trivial- shat.

grow up.

NOW, for those of you who have made note of the team health toolbar not reading correctly, or other bug related or suggestion for max enjoyment (not piss'n and moaning about lost hunting grounds)... for ya'll i say this.

I wish everyone could be like you

Course you were one of the praised

Smile Bosses, gimmie gimmie!

Right now, I have a lv 60 soldier and well she is using a 110 ql gun and can't solo a green mission. That's my fault because I haven't tried to tweek her that much. For her soloing isn't an option she has to team. I really don't care for that, and I wish I didn't have to team all the time its a bother.

Teaming in missions is fun sometimes but sometimes its just the same thing. There should be bosses. It would be even better if the boss was some super fly monstie that can do massive attacks instead of just picking on one person all the time. If you added bosses, that would just make this girl cry. Also it would be cool to have multi level dungeons too, where you can shoot over a banister and ect.

Monster Camps! YES!

The only thing in that entire article that really jumped out to me was monster camps. The Mutant Camp outside of Omni (east side I think), doesn't have enough diversity in it. (Do I sound like a social worker?) Everything from a green to a dark orange SHOULD be available otherwise, either you can live through it or you can't! There isn't really anything but to hit "tab", "Q", "X", heal, "tab", "Q", "X". Or, at the very least a more steady progression of monster camps. The next mutant camp is all of a sudden 15 lvls higher?!? That makes little sense to me. Perhaps I'm missing the point FC was going for. But, my opinion would be either make each camp more diverse (in MOB lvls) or a more steady progression in difficulty as you get farther and farther away from the city (which would mean more MOB camps/hideouts/whatever).

My two credits,
    Allindage
    Asst. Director
    Research & Development
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314