Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ql 250 controller unkillable

Re: yesterday?

Originally posted by Poetica
    hmm i was there, did not take 6hours ffrom what i recall more 2-3?

so it's quite doable.... but timeconsumable....

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." (Napoleon Bonaparte)
    I think he meant the whole thing, not just the control tower. 1.8k dmg shield is great and stuff, but if you want to take down a 249 control tower, you should really include the time it takes to remove all towers.

so lets be friends...

"Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What?! You too! Thought I was the only one.'" (Clive Staples Lewis)
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

They finally did after hitting them hard enough bank so dont have money or time rebuild fully.

Rich Org / lots members could probably keep ql 250 up for very long time.

Re: yesterday?

Originally posted by Poetica
    hmm i was there, did not take 6hours ffrom what i recall more 2-3?

so it's quite doable.... but timeconsumable....
    We first started attacking the surrounding towers about 3-5 minutes after the base went 25%. The Controller was destroyed just before 100%. The whole raid, i.e. taking down the entire 250 base, did indeed take nearly 6 hours.

I checked the Controller just before it went down.... 1 hour and 10 min left.
    --
    Jelnn 150 something Doc
    Jeln 106 Engi

I stand corrected (I wasn't there for the last 2 hours). Just checked with some guildies who were there, they say just before the gas turned 5% did the tower fall. So just about a full 5 hours.

Still a long time, considering over 3 of those hours were on the controller alone. But still doable.

How many people where you able to get in range of the controler?
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Sheffy, you were only out by 50 minutes....... that's pretty darn close - you are forgiven sir!
    --
    Jelnn 150 something Doc
    Jeln 106 Engi

Originally posted by Rolller
    How many people where you able to get in range of the controler?
    I really couldn't count -- the number was seriously changing constantly. People getting warped, going LD, crash loops, etc, every minute or two.

My guess is no more than 30?

30ish?

At least not more than 50?
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

I had to leave while the CT was still around 45% so I left myself logged in so I could contribute. After being CC'd two other times I guess I hung around long enough for the tower to fall because when I returned I was sitting in WA after a teammate who promised me a warp ride home must have dropped me off there.

For sure I thought I'd be sitting at the reclaim after being left logged in a 25% zone =)

I think the towers should not be dropped in effectiveness. I mean jeez its a 250 base.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12