Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why HATS over MA?!?!

Why don't you tell FC some of your suggestions about how to fix the MA's.

Originally posted by Dao
    Engineers wouldnt fit into my 'combat oriented' professions.. don't get me wrong, so many other profs need love. Soldiers i can understand wanting some love also. Anywho.. MA sucks royally in pvp and they are totally designed for combat from the ground up. My MA is now retired until a further date... gonna have to work on a different character if i plan on having fun in PvP.
    I don't know what that means? Engineers and Crats aren't combat classes? So when we hit 200 what are we supposed to do, start an MA? Everyone is a combat class, MAs have had tons of love, and yes they need some pvp issues addressed, but so do all the other classes mentioned here for the most part, engies at the top, then Soldiers and Crats, then Metas, personally I think NTs are pretty solid, I had a 150 NT for a while, and always did well in PVP against over 60% of the other classes, of course, Doc, Traders, Enforcers with high NR, were always risky targets, but who needs a sure kill, we should all have to work for it.

I was actually killed by an MA a few days ago, MAs still have a strong alpha, and if they get close enough to any blue body dev class they can still get kills with their nasty Shen/brawl/dimach combos. You just need more of an element of surprise now than you did before.

Fix the other classes then fix the MAs.

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius

Alot of classes would probably gladly trade their characters in for an NT. If I could keep my Notum Wars beta NT, you could keep the rest of my characters and I'd never once miss them.
    Deac your a great guy, but one thing (yeah I play a fixer and I'll probably go to hell for saying this..) NT's need love from 1-150.

They flat suck gonad sweat off a bull. Poor healh, the HE's suck, and I mean THEY suck! and no way to buff their primary offensive weapon.

What I'd love to see is for the NT class to get DARK green First Aid to start with. Using Nano Stims helps.. but not a lot. Add a better HE for the lower levels. I mean common... I can carry 100,000 rounds of ammo and shoot till I go grey in the face (aka ga wears for you slower folks, since i'm already blue) and I'll still be shooting. NT runs out of Nano... it's over. Say goodbye and kiss your buddy Mr. Reclaim hello.

Other then that.. damn NT's with decent implants are plain nasty. They'll outdamage anyone else same level hands down from 25 to 200. And I would love to see an NT prove me wrong here.

just my two cents worth of pointless drivel that will be ignored or forgetten in a day or two anyway.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Sorry, but while your class may be broken... so are a lot of others. And a lot of others are a LOT more broken than MAs.

Look back at the patch notes, and you'll see that MAs have been consistantly tweaked since around 13.6 in basically very single patch.

Engineers...when did they get their last tweak? Oh yeah... never.

Soliders are still very broken. Melee Advents have exactly the same problem as MAs, but I doubt we're gonna get another love patch. Enforcers, last time I checked, were in a bit of a bind as well...since--at least for my friend--Rage doesn't break roots at the moment. NTs never got their promised fix, and FC keeps avoiding the mystical 14.8 patch limit on that. Pet pathing is still terrible. I could go on and on...

While MAs may have gotten acustomed to tweaks, additions, and fixes every patch...you can't get it all the time. There are more broken things out there than MA PvP.

MAs also act like the crit and root changes only affect MAs. They don't. They affect a LOT of other professions and characters as well. MAs do not deserve special, "hold everyone else's patch" attention because of it.

I'm all for all professions getting as balanced as possible.. But MAs acting like they are the worst of the worst is just being dramatic.

-Jayde

<Yawn> Another MA thread featuring recreational objects forcibly ejected from a child conveyance.

Go play an Eng, then you can really come in here and know what being nerfed and getting no love is like.

Patch after patch of tweaks and toys, and a single nerf patch reduces you to this!

Heres your wake up call, most high level Engineers use MA for PvP (and teaming to counteract the lack of pet) anthing that hits you hits us - only we got _nothing_ else.

Fists and archaic weapons should be _technically_ weaker then technologically advanced weapons - although I'm not going to get into a 'realism' discussions (because we all know that pistol dont really suck) because an abstract game design such as this prevents realism in favour of fun (the golden rule). However since PvP is intended to last longer, crits automatically become rarer (Agent nano notwithstanding) so expecting to get your crits back is probably a futile pursuit.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Riokou
    Soldiers yes, but Engies, bwahaha.
    lol, mean

deacon, you show your biased opinion with your assumption/stereotype that all engs went ma. take an eng (not ma) against and ma and see what happens.

when were engs the god of professions? when were they even popular? never. ma's had their time in the light, now deal with being in the shadows for a bit while the other classes have fun.

MAs work just fine compare to many of the other proffessions.

I'd rate em 5th or 6th in line.

So your not Uber anymore?? So what?

Fix the poor old engies.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Originally posted by Halestorm

First of all, MPs nukes might require 2 skills, BUT NTs are the only profession that cannot buff their own main damage skill by anything beyond the +20 general buff. Every single other class can buff their attack skill. And we have no attack rating for our nukes. When I was a pure nuker, my attack reating was at 0 since I only used nukes. And our nukes are uncastable once debuffed, they dont go oe, they compleately stop working.
    So sorry to burst your bubble Halestorm, but MP's are at the same disadvantage as you when debuffed. They can't use nukes and on top of that, their pets will not obey due to the OE-rules.

I'll agree to the fact, that lowlevel NT's need some sweet lovin', but at 150+, they own .... a clan NT with the "Experienced"-pvp-title comes to mind, as does all the novices and apprentices we see out there.

Have you seen a MP with a title above Freshman lately?

MP's don't get layers or minor HP-buffs. True, they have their pets, but they heal so incredibly slowly, that a wellplaced alpha or an Agent takes them out easily. Same goes for traders: Debuff-debuff-finishoff.

I am not writing this as a whine. My mp kills as much as she dies, all depending on which classes she fight, and that is how it should be. All classes have weak spots ... ( perhaps except lowlevel traders ), and luckily so I think.
    How would this game be if there was a God-class that could beat'em all?

Give the attention to the MA's, cause finding them in a pvp-area isn't much different from being handed a stick and a piñata.

I can also see why the engi's complain, but easy now. They just had AR-buffs to their pets, and buffs eliminating specials. I believe those things could be used in a good combo.

Now, don't start flaming me guys, just consider the fact that there's lot's of flaws that needs to be fixed, and lot's of lovin' that needs to be distributed ( oh no ... I said the D word ... I wonder how FC feels about that ).
    ....forget about it...

when u create new char read description of profession u choose. if u start engi/crat u can pvp but not like u should be able to beat combat classes(ma, enf,soldier,nt). yes pet classes need love but u shouldnt be uber in pvp just like traders were some time ago. and yes mas need love.

Originally posted by lockeland
    deacon, you show your biased opinion with your assumption/stereotype that all engs went ma. take an eng (not ma) against and ma and see what happens.

when were engs the god of professions? when were they even popular? never. ma's had their time in the light, now deal with being in the shadows for a bit while the other classes have fun.
    wooooah mah brotha! hehe actually very few engis go MA, I was just stating one particular engi scenario.

As for NTs....NERF THEM!!! I don't like the smell of those guys....

No, actually, I hear what you're saying. MPs and NTs are backwards. MPs rock at low levels and suck at high level. NTs suck at low level and rock at high level....well not that cut and dry, but Im sure you get the picture

Eep, getting hot in here...
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by Halestorm
    BUT NTs are the only profession that cannot buff their own main damage skill by anything beyond the +20 general buff. Every single other class can buff their attack skill.
    Thats not strictly true, if you count the bot as the Engineers weapon then Time Space and Mat Cre are the 'attack skills' and Engineers dont get a buff for these.

Assuming you wanted to get real picky and say that Pistol was _really_ the Engineers attack skill we still only get 1 buff for that, its uber high level and not many engineers are prepared to sink the points into Psy Mod and Sen Imp to cast it as the other buffs that use this skill are pretty junk.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Distanzed

I can also see why the engi's complain, but easy now. They just had AR-buffs to their pets, and buffs eliminating specials. I believe those things could be used in a good combo.

That's a good point, bots can actually hit stuff now, and hard.
    However, they can't get to their target in most cases, so it doesn't really matter at all. Also, engis below 150 have a tiny sliver of HP and a weak weapon. Sure engis can resist a special, but what then? It just slows down an inevitable death, especially if the slayer is stuck.. which it usually is.

I think that engis need some sort of new class defining feature that they don't have already. Our buffs don't have much of any kind of potential. We need a new useful line of comat buffs in my opinion. Perhaps a nano line that transfers damage that the engi takes to the bot? That'd work, especially since the bot's immense HP is untouched in PVP.
    Last edited by Zane0; Jan 8th, 2003 at 02:42:26.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

why hats over MA's? well you cant wear a MA

professions that cant buff theyre main attack skill: NT (green PM and SI but no nanoskill buffs?), engy (except at very high lvl), doc (ok not a combat class, but i dont see us having biomet buffs either) and crat (gunslinger can hardly count as an attack buff)

Re: Why HATS over MA?!?!

Originally posted by Insida
    FC,

Could you please explain me why you gave us new items like hats, glasses and a new PvP dungeon and you did not FIX THE MA PROFFESSION? Im not saying that the new stuff isnt nice but fixing a proffession that you totally broke for PvP should be your prime priority. Why making a new PvP dungeon if 30% of the PvP players cant even fight in it because they are nerfed. They suck so bad now.. its almost sad.
    So, I assume that you expect the MA profession to be fixed by the artist(s) who modelled the hats, and the world designer(s) who have put WTF together ? Good luck. Fixing a profession isn't their job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12