Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix Martial Artist Proffession

A kill is still a kill in a battle. Does matter who or what?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I think he meant you can't talk profession balance if any old MA is fighting a pvp first timer. There's a line you have to draw.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

MA

Well, i wont duel one again to be honest..not like this.

I killed another lvl200 ma today and it made me feel like ****.
    When i asked her do you want to duel, her reply to me was yes i want to be trasported to avalon fast.

What i dont get is...why cant MA crit as before..but only in PVP?
    WTF is that so hard to implement?

This makes me sad.

MA need to do more dmg, somehow. Either making them crit like before in PVP, but only MA...or give them something dammit.
    Something that WORKS.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Funny...several of the MA's in my guild still racking up kills. Wonder why they can?
    Sad to see someone with total lack of knowledge of the game and other profs, but still replying...

Let me explain abit why the MA's in your guild still doing ok.

Almost all of the MA's in your guild are really low lvl, most under lvl 100( or just above), at low lvl MA's aren't that crit reliant as they are on higher lvl, they do ok damage with their fists without critting.

If you take a look at the crit nanos, they add 8%, 13%, 19% and 24% chance to do a critical hit.

So to not make MA's too powerful at high lvl or really useless at low lvl, we have ok base damage at low lvl and pretty low crit chance and low base damage at high lvl with high crit chance.

The crit nerf hurts the high lvl MA's ALOT more than the low lvl MA's that are in your guild simple because we are much more crit reliant.

Also, at higher lvl more people have ip to max all evades and often have very good items, but at low lvl most profs can only max those skills that are really needed and have to sacrifice evades and other skills.

Hope you understand abit better now and I suggest that you know what you talk about before you make more comments in prof specific threads you lack knowledge in.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

This is a MMORG. Its 1 player 1 toon (at least thats what the interface supports). The very idea that some professions should be more voulnerable in PvP then other is just plain wrong. 1vs1 battle ability extends into mass brawls. So unless some atpemt at balancing 1vs1 is done, mass brawls will be frustrating for some players.

To counter roots, MA's (and other melee users) go ranged. But they sacrifice damage when doing so. To counter roots, we're told to max NR and implant it. When you do so your sacrificing nano skills and/or damage output. What do the rooter sacrifice to cast his root? If that rooter had to use a shining head cluster *root enabler*, then the rooter does a sacrifice for the ability to root and force other players to gimp themselfs to have a slim chance to counter...

Melee need some massive love in PvP.

Originally posted by Snublefot
    This is a MMORG. Its 1 player 1 toon (at least thats what the interface supports). The very idea that some professions should be more voulnerable in PvP then other is just plain wrong. 1vs1 battle ability extends into mass brawls. So unless some atpemt at balancing 1vs1 is done, mass brawls will be frustrating for some players.

To counter roots, MA's (and other melee users) go ranged. But they sacrifice damage when doing so. To counter roots, we're told to max NR and implant it. When you do so your sacrificing nano skills and/or damage output. What do the rooter sacrifice to cast his root? If that rooter had to use a shining head cluster *root enabler*, then the rooter does a sacrifice for the ability to root and force other players to gimp themselfs to have a slim chance to counter...

Melee need some massive love in PvP.
    I have 1k NR with buff, and I still stand rooted all the time, rooted, debuffed and dead, I'm offering 105 in a nano skill to get that high NR, but I still don't gain much on it...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

It's easy to see why her guild ma's still can kill:

Munkie 1 General 152 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Yoshimai 3 Unit Commander 150 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Arikael 5 Unit Member 55 Martial Artist Male Solitus
    Babymaker 5 Unit Member 49 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Baiyue 5 Unit Member 109 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Beezlebob 5 Unit Member 100 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Ikyru 5 Unit Member 60 Martial Artist Female Opifex
    Mrsmiley 5 Unit Member 108 Martial Artist Male Opifex
    Telae 5 Unit Member 104 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Thehuge 5 Unit Member 96 Martial Artist Neuter Atrox
    Viperedge 5 Unit Member 68 Martial Artist Male Solitus
    Criftor 6 Applicant 2 Martial Artist Male Opifex
    Culexis 6 Applicant 32 Martial Artist Neuter Atrox
    Kamiri 6 Applicant 104 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Myrdeon 6 Applicant 61 Martial Artist Female Solitus
    Vydel 6 Applicant 52 Martial Artist Female Opifex
    Xstream 6 Applicant 46 Martial Artist Male Solitus
    No high-lvl ma's present.

Or the mas just plain lie

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I have 1k NR with buff, and I still stand rooted all the time, rooted, debuffed and dead, I'm offering 105 in a nano skill to get that high NR, but I still don't gain much on it...
    Sort of my point. From the rooters point of view they only need to be lucky once. From the targets viewpoint, they need to be lucky every time.

Even 80% resist you will be rooted pretty fast by a chain caster. Then comes the length of the root...

From a 1vs1 perspective even a rooter will have a pretty good chance even if the root breaks on every shot at that target. Its the old successfull root/shoot tactic. In AO is root/shoot/shoot/shoot/shoot

Battles in NW are static enough as they are, let melee be the cavalery that breaks and moves the defenses and attacks

I support the MA cause. Hate to see so many good MA's leave the game on such a lop-sided issue.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

bump for ungimping my lowest lvl alt

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Oh..I'm sorry..no where in this thread was it mentioned about only HIGH level MAs being PVP gimped that I seen. I belive it was simply addressed as MAs in general. I guess people assume only high level people PVP. You are in error to make that assumption. I am still waiting for the data that was collected that 30% of the pvpers are gone when more people of all classes are involved now.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Dec 18th, 2002 at 17:31:15.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

If you are a regular pvp-er you see that seeing an MA is rare, I bet you arent. Then saying "like 30% is gone!" is maybe a wild number but its an appropate indication of "help, theres something wrong!"

stop throwing someones opinion away just because the exact number is gone.

Do you say "whatever, your numbers are wrong" when someone says "I saw hundreds of ppl die" ?

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Have you noticed ANYWHERE where I said the MA profession didn't need to be fixed? I have been pointing out that wild generalizations seem to be thrown up here. "Pvp only good thing in the game...all MAs are gimped, 30% or pvpers gone ect ect" Before it was all MAs are gimped in pvp...now it's..well Only the HIGH level MAs are gimped. As to my question I posed...why are my MA's still getting kills...well this IS an information exchange and the question was suffiecently answered. I shouldn't be berated for asking a simple question as to why the MA's in my guild were still sending people to reclaim.

And yes...I have pvped since the early days. My style of pvp is much different than most peoples. I will sit and wait an hour or more concealed and take out one specific target instead of running around pell mel.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Bump for MA fix

Vixentrox: Ok, the mas in your guild ROCK!#@. End of story.

With crits "gone" mas will fade away. Please fix it!

Bump for MA-Fix!

Right now i dont think its much fun to pvp with my ma.
    In tower fights(mass pvp), i am to easy to root and if i come close to somone i can only do decent damge once in 30 min.(brawl+sheen+dimach).
    The roting issue isent that big in duels, (not multiple chars that is casting area roots/snares here) but i still do pittifull damge..

MA ma used to live on crit. with selvbuffed LMA(19)+LLS(14)+3 base. 36% to cirt. That was enugh to make a fight with a equal lvl enf a close call.(enfs my lvl cant use qb). Right now i got a 18% to crit in pvp, but i only crit like 1 of 10 hits.. and that makes me a pushover in pvp.

Myslef i have giwen up on my MA, now i lvl up my small enf alt and play my trader in tower wars..
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

Unhappy

Yes FIX US NOW !!!!
    /me cries
    I want too play with all of my friends.. but i cant
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

Originally posted by Letah
    It's easy to see why her guild ma's still can kill:

No high-lvl ma's present.

Or the mas just plain lie
    actully everyone is complaining about the ma proffesion sux in general after this so called nerf.. Not high-lvlers.. nobody even mentioned high lvls...

But every proffesion get hit by the nerf bat then and then.. MA's will be back. They always seem to get some extra in every patch. Give you a clue, try a nt from week1.. now thats not fun. :P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

I have an NT. They're fun.

Tonight there was a huge tower war on Rimor, high end players battling it out. I'm not all that high in lvl, only 159m but I could still attack the people there.

I killed 6 people and died twice.

Now, this ain't all that bad, a lot worse than I would've done if I PVP'ed with my fixer, doc or NT, but still.

BUT, I killed 3 yellows and 2 greenies and only 1 above my own lvl.

It is possible to kill people in mass battles if you get a good alpha in, but it's damn hard.

If I'm juiced up on outside buffs I have a much better chance of getting close to an unsuspecting target, alpha them and then wait for brawl to recharge and finish it off.

But in duels we're totally screwed. No chance in hell of us winning those, people say we have heals, with 8 sec recharge yeah. You know how much damage can be done in 8 secs? Far more than enlightened heals for I can tell you that.

And don't even get me started on new MA atk which is supposed to break roots, I can 'Upon a wave' once every 3 mins, and I can't use it on fixers, they resist it. LOL.

Is this really the track record of a high end damage dealing profession? Shouldn't we be able to dish out a lil more than this?
    Freshmeat James "Brunis" Brun TL4
    Apprentice Pippi "Smooches" Longstocking TL7 Teh Crap

omg RK1!
    The "Smoo" Smooo!

ITAMZ OR PK!

me have both ma and nt . and i will say nt is still good in mass pvp ( root, blind, mezz pets, nuke, weapon special, range increase buff, fixer killer etc etc.. hard to kill some one but useful for ur side) , ma is only useful to give mop or use the worst heal( my lev 83 doc can heal better than 200 ma ....) and wait bow as recycle .........
    Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......

Xmas bump
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast