Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix Martial Artist Proffession

Fix Martial Artist Proffession

Almost 30% of the PvP players are gone because you totally nerfed MA at pvp. Fix them, pvp is the only thing good in this game and stop making useless stuff like hats instead.

I think Role Play is better than pvp. Your pretty narrow minded if you belive pvp is the only good thing to do on Rubi-ka, IMO. Don't they make games where that is all you do? Perhaps you should check one of them out. Having said that...I enjoy the pvp aspect of AO as well but where did you get these 30% numbers? Was there a scientific survey done? I see more people than ever pvping now that NW is released. *hugs*
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Re: Fix Martial Artist Proffession

Originally posted by Insida
    Almost 30% of the PvP players are gone because you totally nerfed MA at pvp. Fix them, pvp is the only thing good in this game and stop making useless stuff like hats instead.

Analyze that post.

"30% of the PvPs are gone"

If MAs made up 30% of the PvP group, dontcha think they were overpowered then?

Think before you speak.

~Chris

they cant do it because of the crit nerf.
    Agent crit is 100% so 100% or 200% is same you will crit whatever happens doesnt affect pvm.
    If they change uvc to 48% to make it fair in pvp its gonna be overpowered in pvm.
    Another nerf that wasnt thinked enough...
    Makes me wonder who actually decides the game we pay to play, us or some guy in an office that got no idea what hes doing whatsoever.
    Theres no point in making fights last longer, especially when introducing items that make fight last 3 to 8 seconds max ( QB/EQB/Rod/Nukes....)
    That crit thing was totally moronic, but since no one will admit he was an idiot and made a mistake, nothing will change and MAs gonna be the second rarest prof on Rk after MPs ...

/me applause the genius :)~
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    I think Role Play is better than pvp. Your pretty narrow minded if you belive pvp is the only good thing to do on Rubi-ka, IMO. Don't they make games where that is all you do? Perhaps you should check one of them out. Having said that...I enjoy the pvp aspect of AO as well but where did you get these 30% numbers? Was there a scientific survey done? I see more people than ever pvping now that NW is released. *hugs*
    Quick vixen! Come to WA! Someone is killing the guards and needs to be shouted at!

Oh wait, it's me.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Infamine
    That crit thing was totally moronic, but since no one will admit he was an idiot and made a mistake, nothing will change and MAs gonna be the second rarest prof on Rk after MPs ...
    Woot! I'm rare!

Seriously though, I would rank Eng the most rare... hell, I don't even get half as many /tells as I used to.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Vixentrox posted:

Role playing is fun yes. But how do you want to separate roleplaying with pvp, since the story is about omni vs clan which implies pvp. Anyways you are right. There is more pvp, but to be honest there are far less ma's out there pvping now.

Why are there far less ma's out there. Well rooters vs ma.. like absolutely no fun. Enforcer vs ma lol..
    The Martial Artists Proffesion should be equal in damage to the enforcer profession.

Note: This is not a 100% quote but i remember Cz posting this at that time they upped Ma's damage output.
    Well where did that one go?

Posted by Megabio:
    Analyze that post.

"30% of the PvPs are gone"

If MAs made up 30% of the PvP group, dontcha think they were overpowered then?

Think before you speak.
    Well yes. Insidias post wasn't that correct with 30% of the pvp'ers gone. Agreed. But what usefullness does your post have if not just to flame one person who points out a flaw.

Ma's need loving. Given any class with some limited healing damage shields and reflect and a hot. Well as it is ma's can almost punch themselves dead on it. Thats not fun. Getting chainrooted on 30-40 meters distance and not able to move cause roots break too hard.. (as in 4-5 shots where drains etc somehow don't count in anymore, since they are debuffs!!). To note to break 2-3min roots you need about 5-6 stims if not more, didn't really note that.

If you have questions about what should be fixed go read the MA forums as I'm sure there are pretty many ideas to find there.

But for my idea fist damage shoud not be changed. Since every other class has to camp some insane hard mobs to get their stuff. (Fists and ma skill comes with lvls and you can't exactly say that MA damage in pvm is lower end.) So add weapons using maybe ma skill as 100% attack skill and for all that matters add a bow buff line like the soldier buffs and a bow mastery which every class can use so that meta's using bows also can get a buff in between. Also the existing bows well i looked at them last night.. Damage doesn't sound so bad.. but 3 shot clips?.. sorry but my Hellspinner takes ages to reload. And seeing that bows have 2.5 sec almost as standard recharge time err.. they are useless. Only maybe good for alphas.

Though there is one good bow.. Howling Bow.. but where do you get it? But then again.. no bow buff.. the bow needs 1001 skill. Hard to get to w/o any bow buff.

Summary:

Bow Mastery + 60 (for all classes)
    Bow Buff line up to 120 as the soldier / enf lines (self only).
    Bow Special Attack line up to 120 as the soldier / enf lines (self only)

More bows so there are some for lower lvl players too.

Also there need to be some sort of anti root as the wave upon a summer ma attack. So that ma's can choose to go fist only and with a ma - weapon. Also there is a need to implement more ma weapons that do damage... and are non crit reliant.
    Last edited by Nyleve; Dec 14th, 2002 at 22:00:42.
    ----------------------------------------
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    General of Legion

Originally posted by Nyleve

But for my idea fist damage shoud [underline]not[/underline] be changed. Since every other class has to camp some insane hard mobs to get their stuff. (Fists and ma skill comes with lvls and you can't exactly say that MA damage in pvm is lower end.) So add weapons using maybe ma skill as 100% attack skill
    Kindof disagree w you there. Regardless of adding 100% ma skill weapons, pure fist damage in pvp needs to be upped a lot. I mean the items that you mention that are hard to get are mostly very uber. Ie if they want to make some uber and very rare 100% ma skill weapon, great, go ahead I'll do my best to get it. Fists however should be good enough to stand more or less toe to toe with fi enforcers that do not have an EoT, EQB or whatever. Currently they are nowhere near good enough for even that.

Originally posted by Nyleve

Though there is one good bow.. Howling Bow.. but where do you get it? But then again.. no bow buff.. the bow needs 1001 skill. Hard to get to w/o any bow buff.

The howling bow currently does not drop (as stated by cz on ma boards) and is probably a poor choice for pvp as it has no specials. Add aimed and maybe fling to it and it would be pretty good.

Very nice post otherwise

The howling bow currently does not drop (as stated by cz on ma boards) and is probably a poor choice for pvp as it has no specials. Add aimed and maybe fling to it and it would be pretty good.
    Yes prolly not good to use alone.. but you could always use a bow with aimed fling to alpha and just use it as normal hitter? Do the same as soldiers used to do.. have a gun to shoot normal with and flashpoint/supernova as special guns.
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    General of Legion

3.5 sec equip time on howling bow :-( So not really.

Thanks for your support to the MA community Insida.

To tell the truth I just hitted the "cancel subscription" button today as pvp is 80% of my playing time (i tried to do my best to find solution to crit nerf but i m tired of doing only AS with my poor bow/ar )

I hope FC will do something and that all pvper Mas will come back and have fun again.

thks again
    Opima
    Last edited by Shailie; Dec 15th, 2002 at 01:19:11.
    Shailie - 205 Doc

i posted this many times....

I went through thick and thin playing my MA....very thin most of the time...

back in the days when i was lvl 44 in VW road outside of westgate tir..doin 40 dmg to the rookie/novice mobs there.....40 dmg....40 dmg....lol

not much happened for us for a long long long time..gave up my MA for a while at about lvl 155ish cuz of that..did the trader thing...loved it....

MA got a few fixes..not as much as was still broke with us..YES...to this day there are still things that DONT work...

hey...it was fun...

been pvp since day 1 basically..

i remember MMD at like lvl 25...im talkin like just 1-2 weeks after AO went live..watchin all the UBER lvl 40 omni toons control MMD..

i remember gettin owned so hard....thought my teeth would fall out from frustration.

so we got a bit of a fix one day...I switched some implants around..got some better items..etc...

went from no title..to freshman..to rookie...to apprent..(im talkin months and months..cuz i was lvling also)..back to rookie for a long time...back to apprent..

i learned some tactics...learned to pick my fights some..learned when to hold my ground and if i died..so be it..if i won..WOOT...

i also learned when to run...when to zone..who to gank...who is cool (fopus..u out there..u rock).

bam..im NOVICE...OMG...i made novice with NOT ONE pvp point from a clanner (that i can remember)...never dueled in arena with anyone i could get points off of...cept a few times really...damn messman..

bam..back to rookie in 3 days...worked for 3 weeks..got novice back..

was maybe...2 kills from a totally legit NEO...bam..here comes the "patch"...

lost 13 fights in a row. 13 fights i lost...13...IN A ROW. some to toons like over 30 lvls below me..self buffed..not self buffed..with scope in..no scope..VE...weapon..no weapon..etc...13 fights i lost in a row.

retired with novice (barely).

I'll be back......

I'm a MA and I still PvP... Well, kinda...
    I've become the unofficial photographer of my guild and what I basically do is wave my MoP around and take screenshots because I'm rooted 20m away from the action.

We'll own once again. :-)
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Originally posted by Laisak
    I'm a MA and I still PvP... Well, kinda...
    I've become the unofficial photographer of my guild and what I basically do is wave my MoP around and take screenshots because I'm rooted 20m away from the action.

We'll own once again. :-)
    Lol yah ... we became buffdispensing photographers

ok, I won't say that I ever was a decent PvPer (lost freshman 4 times, lol)

But PvP now is really funny, If I weren't MA I'd be spending all my time in the MA forum and just gloating at the sheer gimpness, all thanks to some lame ass excuse that fights would last longer. lol, Imagine if they would just halve the reflection, heals, dmg shields, absorbs, divest/plunders and ini debuffs, and double all nanocost. And while we are at it, set all Attack/recharge at 10s/10s. that would make fights last longer. Oh, and remove every weapon that hasn't 1 as min damage from the game. My god, I think I could win a fight or 2 since most opponents would fell asleep then.

And for agents that are whining(almost as loud as MAs are) that you too got hurt bad by the crittnerf. Yes you are critt reliant, but you can still deal damage w/o critts, and Total concentration line still pwns.

Bleh too tired to rephrase or edit anything, going to bed now.

But tomorrow I will continue to show the undisputed glory of the MA in the struggle for some lame tower. At least I won't be the first target

//Karatenyllet
    5% moron
    45% gimp
    50% jackass

Funny...several of the MA's in my guild still racking up kills. Wonder why they can?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Because they roleplay

They make those kills up!
    Any proud selfrespecting MA would do so

a BIG bump for a fix to FC's worst move.

Implementing EQB manex improving AS damage definately doesnt make sense as to why they even touched MAs in 14.6. Didn't even make sense to nerf crits for guns either.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Thumbs up Many thx

Many thanks to all those non-MA's pushing for some changes to our beloved class. Vexentrox could you find out the names of these MA's who are still racking up the kills and tell them to post there strategies on the forums. Cause my sneaky su****ion is they go around in a large group looking for a lone Engie.

Anyhoo many thanks to you all

SgtSlap- 162 Disgruntled MA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast