Thread: Why do the new Manta cars set runspeed so low?

Why do the new Manta cars set runspeed so low?

I am buying myself a Manta AV in a bit. I've been saving for a few days to get the cash, I've wanted one since I first saw them and, even though they aren't really great (although some nice buffs most definately) the worst thing about it is, even QL100+ they set runspeed to 150.

I haven't had a runspeed of 150 since I as 15th lvl and got my first runbuff as a fixer. NOBODY likes to be that slow, and thats why nobody is buying these cars, becuase everyone see's them as only money sinks, not as an interesting twist on combat and perhaps a little depth to tower pvp.

Fix this so that cars set runspeed but are buffable, at least that way I can raise my runspeed by a few hundred points, still slower then I already run (by a long shot) but not nearly as bad.

I don't want to spend 20 mil for a car that makes me move slow as a newb character.

Everything else I like about them .

Bump if you agree, we need this changed.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Ouch.. keep your eyes open for Xaielao the fixer in game then, I'll runbuff ya when ever I see ya .

Anyway, can I get some bumpage?

Sounds like the car that looks like a Probe got an overhaul then. o_O "Introducing the new Mid..Manta!"
    Last edited by runey; Dec 14th, 2002 at 16:38:04.
    Testlive addict.

Thx for the bump guys . I bought a QL62 last night Turns out you CAN buff your runspeed past 150 after all (I had heard it wasn't buffable at all).

So my runspeeds about 600ish with the Manta on, which is still slower then I run, but not to bad . The Manta AV at least is bugged in a few ways, the car unequippes when I zone, but doesn't just uniquip, it greys out but it in my inventory. Says it requires a VG of 305, which I have. Also you cant equip it by putting it in your hotbar and right clicking, cause it tries to use it's special attack.

Beyond that, it's a very cool car, nice buffs. I can use my gun while 'inside' the car as well as the special which does like 250dmg every 10 seconds. For borg hunting last night it was fun . A friend told me 'money sink' and I said 'time is money, and time in this game is fun, so I got this for fun '.

BTW the Manta is a lot different then the Mid , not only is it about 2x the size of the yalmahas but it's cool as hells lookin. Just wish it made a sound.
    Last edited by Fion; Dec 14th, 2002 at 18:29:30.

Yeah...I really want one of those as well.

What are the req's and cost on that?

my runspeed right now is 50 so 150 is an improvement.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

QL62 is what I got, 16m was the cost. Reqs are 305 Vehicle Ground and 150ish Heavy Weapons. Little known info though, you only need to meet the vehicle ground reqs to equp and drive it. The HW is only if you want to shoot it's guns . Was like 1/2 a lvls worth of IP to get my skills that high (already had 200 VG from back when I was a newb).

I allready use an Heavy weapon so I'm getting this as soon as I can

600! No wonder it takes me so long to level. I got a new nano formula, so now my runspeed is 30. That should take care of my runspeed problem. Anyone spare a bronto burger today, for I shall surely pay you on Tuesday?