Thread: Nerf Rez Shock in PvP.

Lightbulb Nerf Rez Shock in PvP.

Yeah, I know, it's not a new concept. But, I figured I'd throw it up just for grins.

The only thing worse than the Lag in mass PvP, is not being able to return to battle quickly. Your guild's bases worst enemy is not Omni/Clan...but inconvenient death. We all know the scenerio: Arrive at base, buff-up, engage enemy, lag, die, reclaim, rezz, fly back to base, rinse, repeat.

If you're not just standing around watching the battle, more time is spent dealing with the aftermath of death than actually participating in the battle. Because of this, people get frusterated, as we should be, and do not want to return to the battle. It seems like the whole "death thing" in PvP is hindering the war we and FC wanted.

Many a base has been lost and raids incompleted due to the torture of dying. Now I realize, once again, that there will be no changes to the current model. But, hey, it's worth the 10 minutes it took to type this post.
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

Re: Nerf Rez Shock in PvP.

Originally posted by Halfnelson
    Yeah, I know, it's not a new concept. But, I figured I'd throw it up just for grins.

The only thing worse than the Lag in mass PvP, is not being able to return to battle quickly. Your guild's bases worst enemy is not Omni/Clan...but inconvenient death. We all know the scenerio: Arrive at base, buff-up, engage enemy, lag, die, reclaim, rezz, fly back to base, rinse, repeat.

If you're not just standing around watching the battle, more time is spent dealing with the aftermath of death than actually participating in the battle. Because of this, people get frusterated, as we should be, and do not want to return to the battle. It seems like the whole "death thing" in PvP is hindering the war we and FC wanted.

Many a base has been lost and raids incompleted due to the torture of dying. Now I realize, once again, that there will be no changes to the current model. But, hey, it's worth the 10 minutes it took to type this post.
    Um, kinda pointless wasting all the ammo involved with killing people if they're just going to come right back. Save near a grid scanner and be back on the battlefield in less than a minute for the defenders. Keep an engineer outside the battlefield and he can bring attackers back just as quickly.

Um, I kinda think the time your target lost to rez shock is supposed to help swing the battle
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

As much as I hate rez effects, pvp, and dying alot (I'm an MA I think this is a bad idea. Rez effects are there for a reason. I'd hate to fight like made to remove a difficult opponent only to see them back in less than a minute with no ill effects. Talk about frustrating.

It's an incentive to try not to get killed, really. Adds more to the realism of battles

Course you've got a game with crashes and lag related deaths, so it doesn't work out quite as intended, but I can understand why it's there

No, bad idea.

But giving some healing profession (::cough:: doc ::cough:: the ability to remove rez effects wouldn't be so bad.

yeah, and enable docs to perform plastic surgery on nanomagesO_o

There has been a couple posts on here about how docs should have a rezz reducer/eliminator, interesting posts really, but I can't find them at the moment *read, I'm being lazy*

I think the rezz should stay the same as it is PvP, or PvM. It helps swing the battle alot.

And I think they should probably work more on Atrox plastic surgery zimmy :P

<-- 50th post! I'm Leetas now
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

I actually think rezz should be extended to an hour that you cannot reenter the tower zone. This would solve a ton of the lag problems and make for more realistic mass PvP. It would make destroying and defending towers require more forethought.

Originally posted by zimmy
    ::GASP::

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    I actually think rezz should be extended to an hour that you cannot reenter the tower zone. This would solve a ton of the lag problems and make for more realistic mass PvP. It would make destroying and defending towers require more forethought.
    BORING!!!
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

Re: Re: Nerf Rez Shock in PvP.

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Um, kinda pointless wasting all the ammo involved with killing people if they're just going to come right back. Save near a grid scanner and be back on the battlefield in less than a minute for the defenders. Keep an engineer outside the battlefield and he can bring attackers back just as quickly.

Um, I kinda think the time your target lost to rez shock is supposed to help swing the battle
    Um, so defenders returning quickly means they have an added advantage? Hmm. Didn't even think of that one.

The engineer idea is great on paper but rarely pans out in the real scheme of things. The Engineer, if you're lucky enough to have one in the playfield at all, will spend all his time warping ppl back. What engineer wants to spend the entire battle doing that including having to hop teams constantly. None!

I don't believe in the tide of battle being turned at all. Either attackers dominate or defenders win. Of course, when defenders win it's simply because the attackers don't bother to return after the inconvenience of dying.

I'm not saying remove rez-shock. There should be a penalty for dying. Just make it less dreadful and boring. Please.

BTW, reclaim time was extended from 60 sec to 75 sec right around the 14.0 patch.
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Originally posted by zimmy
    I've always wanted to give Letah a nose.