Thread: Shopbots, where did they go??

Shopbots, where did they go??

Are they still there?

Am I the only one missing them?

They were the one thing that made it possible to sell things (for a profit) in game. They helped alot when you looked for that special thing.

Course there is those forumboards, but they just don't do the trick.

I can imagine that they were third party tools but why are they not online anymore?

/Hans Crainh Kozar

Yep, shopbot was great.

Sadly they are no longer here (I guess the owner left AO)

I still think FC should make a trading system in the game. I mean chat channels are all well and good but not exactly ideal.

This is set in the future, has no one managed to make a system for trade? I don't even see a pawn shop.

I've been working on one, just can't get the PhP chat interface to work. And I'm a bit irritated that Shopbot still hasn't been removed from the game since the character hasn't been active in over 6 months.

Edit: My webspace provider won't install the PhP GMP or BCMath extensions :((
    Last edited by Naels; Dec 13th, 2002 at 23:33:49.
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

Shopbot won't work now because of the spam filter. The bot can only send 1 msg per 2 sec, or get hit by the spam filter. So if a lot of people use the bot there will be a lot of lag, making it useless.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

So that leaves it up to FC to make a trading system sinse they have prevented the community from doing so.