Thread: Aimed shot

Aimed shot

I know this is a super noob question. but I have not used an aimed shot weapon in PVP. In PVP do you have to be concealed to get an aimed shot off? Will a high percepetion help protect against an aimed shot if thats the case?

Thanks
    Silverrobe 213 NT

Heya

You can use aimed special attack whenever u want. You dont have to use sneak-mode. In PVP its just like burst and fling

Sadly.. anyone can use it, without the needed skill.
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

Sadly...why?
    Hasnt you Aimed Shot recharged in a PvP fight before.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Angry

It relies on conceal in PvM and should to a degree in PvP. Instead
    of going over my ideas all over again, go read the 'which profession
    is best in PvP' topic, where I make myself quite clear on the point.
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

I don't see why it should rely on concealment in pvp, or at all.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Well, unfortunately that's how it's designed. You're supposed to
    be concealed to use it for the element of surprise, not just
    throwing it out there whenever you want. To have PvP NOT rely
    on it is a double standard, because you DO have to in PvP!!

Originally posted by Jekyll
    I don't see why it should rely on concealment in pvp, or at all.
    It doesn't....just gets easier if you use concealment in PvM. You don't actually need concealment in PvM to get aimed shots off...
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Naraya

It doesn't....just gets easier if you use concealment in PvM. You don't actually need concealment in PvM to get aimed shots off...
    I know. But once the mob spots you, you can't use it.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

If you link AS to a broken skill, it also becomes broken.

Problems with conceal:
    1. only works within visual range of opponent. So if opponent sets their char visual range to 5 then the hider has to be within 5m of the opponent. Lame.

2. It only works in best case scenario of 40m. If the opponent is 40m+(regardless of visual settings) range from the hider they will see the hider when they are within visual range regardless of skill checks. Lame.

3. Hider cannot hide while in combat. Why should my only special attack be allowed to be used at BEST 1 time per fight?

In real PvP if AS is linked to conceal then I will never be able to use it. I am not going to go within 15m(so that i pass his visual settings) of a guy. hide. then scoot back to 40m and shoot. I cannot hide 40m+ and sneak in on a target. Im fine with an AS link to conceal if 1,2,3 are changed Completely opposite to what they are now.

*edit* I would also stipulate that these changes to 1,2,3 be proven functional before giving a go-ahead on a link with AS. None of this sure it will work crap then wait 6months.
    Last edited by arsiine; Dec 17th, 2002 at 02:36:06.