Thread: Fix Team PvP

Fix Team PvP

OK, there have been some changes to the way PvP and lvl ranges work in a team. I dont know if it was by design or simply yet another unintended side effect.

Before NW: if a low lvl teamed with high lvls he/she could be attacked by anyone who could attack the high lvls. Example: Team 1- 5 lvl 100s, 1 lvl 60. Team 2 6 lvl 100s. Everyone could fight eachother.

Sure it wasnt nice for a lvl 100 to kill a lvl 60 guy, but the lvl 60 had to actively choose to join a high lvl team. Think of it as: if you wanted the benefits of high lvl teammates, you had to take the risks as well.

Now: If a low lvl teams with a high lvl team, other high lvls cannot attack anyone in that team. Example: Team 1 5 lvl 100, 1 lvl 60. Team 2 6 lvl 100. No one can fight!

We cannot fight people in our own PvP range because of who they or we are teamed with. Dropping myself from a team does not fix this, still cant attack due to lvl restrictions, even if my target is exactly the same lvl as me if he/she has a teammate out of my PvP lvl.

I have watched around 15 people standing around trying to attack a team that had 1 low lvl with no success. By all rights they should have been able to wipe out the team since all but 1 of them were in the same PvP range.

The new no-buff changes arent enough. Who needs to buff or heal if you cannot be attacked because you include a low lvl in your team?

This is not right, it needs to be fixed.

So, why not change it back to the way it was, or:

1) Individual PvP ranges, not based on teams. Each member of the team has his/her own PvP range. Each member can be attacked independantly.

2) Everyone in team has the same range as highest member. ( this would suck for really low lvl members in a high lvl team, but wouldnt be that bad for people close to the same lvl)

3) Everyone has a PvP range of the average of team lvls (better, but again this is not adequate for tower based PvP as the higher lvl teammates would have lower PvP ranges whi;le still being able to performthe same against towers (which are mobs not affected by PvP ranges)

The main problem is with tower based PvP.

Example:

Team 1 - 5 lvl 175, 1 lvl 80
    Team 2 - 6 lvl 175

Team 1 attacks a lvl 150 tower, by all rights Team 2 should be able to fight them and defend their tower (or their friends towers), but under the current system, Team 2 cannot fight Team 1 since Team 1 has a member well below the PvP range of Team 2. Sure Team 1 cannot fight Team 2, but they can destroy Team 2's towers with impunity.

In an effort to make fair tower based PvP the changes have in effect completely ruined PvP. Unless your enemies decide to fight on an exactly even playing field (everyone is close to the same lvl) PvP is impossible due to lvl restrictions.

This is just simple game mechanics. The examples I used are more extreme than the ones you may encounter in game to better illistrate the point. Team teams could in fact each be composed of members in their own PvP ranges but still not be able to fight (Team 1- 5 lvl 120, 1 lvl 95. Team 2 - 6 lvl 140. lvl 140s can fight lvl 120s but not the lvl 95. Under the current system no one can fight)

The teaming ranges are actually alot larger than the PvP ranges which also lends itself to this problem.
    Last edited by Fakonamo; Dec 18th, 2002 at 00:20:38.

another mini-rant:

It is just plain stupid that I cannot attack someone who is in my PvP range because they are teamed with someone who isnt in my range! It is so annoying to stand around in a big battle staring at a yellow enemy but not being able to attack him due to some lowbie on his team!

bump to this....

I sometimes can't attack someone because there is a L200 in my team, but if I drop team I CAN attack them.

It's come to a point that being solo is better then being in a team.
    That's just insane!
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

We've tried dropping from the team, but still cannot attack due to a player in the enemy's team who is not in our PvP range. Last night we had a PvP fight and in the middle of it was a yellow clanner (we awere all solo) who was teamed with some grey clanners, we coudnt fight him and he sure wasnt going to leave the safety of his team to let us.

Ive seen this and I agree it needs to be fixed, I have seen quite a few high level enemy teams (175-200) dragging a level 100 doc with them, and taking out towers. Your right when you say the PVP range for the team should be the range of its highest member. Hope FC takes notice to this and does something about it.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

I spoke to a GM today who told me the PvP system isnt working as intended. Players shoudl not be safe from attack simply because they team with a lower lvl character. I would like to know if a fix is in the works and when we can expect it.