Thread: Server Lost

Server Lost

I am getting really tired of getting disconnected and seeing the server lost message.

I never saw this before NW / 14.7.xxx, and today i had 4 server lost msgs in 15 min
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

thats right, same situation here since patch 14.7.6.
    It crash and lost very often the connection. Very unstable.
    conf: windows 2000 sp2 512 Mb athlon XP
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

Tir gate by chance??

I have found this to be not a general problem, but specific to the Tir south gate. Three times this has happened to me and every time it was that gate. I now whompa to Athen and take the grid for there. In fact to be more specific it seems now that I think of it I have been heading out of Tir each time as well.

Where did this happen to you?

Very annoying when you are on a schedual and have to wait for 10-15mins before you can log back on.

happens everywhere -missions, grid, you name it
    I rarely go near tir gate or anywhere else with a high concentration of ppl if I can help it...
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Its just your crap computer and connection or so I'm told by the numerous computer genius’s I tend to find in pick-up groups...or maybe not...

I've been getting this for awhile as you might guess and *Newsflash* for all you budding computer gurus it started to occur the instant after patching so please explain how it’s a result of a problem at my end

Ironically every patch they claim to fix these kinda problems yet every patch it seems to get worse...go figure

Tir Grid exit and Tir South Gate seem especially prone to this bug.

And its a pain.
    Adapt & Overcome

{I may be dumb but I'm not a COMPLETE idiot!}
    (If I wanted it to be easy I would've chosen something easy, instead I chose Pistol ADV)
    The best place to find PAENE is on Rimor, where she'll most likely be doing some shopping!

Or you could also try sending a /tell to:
    Nantessa (Nanomage NT - coz girls just wanna have fun!)
    Paene (Supposed to be my main but just goes shopping all the time)
    ... And others too numerous to mention

Have you guys tried to reinstall AO ?

I did this a week ago and I still get Black Doors and a rare LD when entering grid. This is however nothing compared to the problems I had before the reinstallation.

Edit: Might add that I downloaded the newest installation files from http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...download_game/.
    Last edited by Snee; Dec 18th, 2002 at 15:31:54.