Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black doors are NOT fixed

Black doors are NOT fixed

I got ruberband warped three times last night in once mission. Black doors all three times.

/petition stuck
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

hmm.

I havnt seen the black doors again since this so called fix how ever i did 3 solo missions in bs and in all three i was warped all over the place.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

I had this happen to me in a team yesterday...rubberbanded into a room with black doors.

Had to relog to fix it since we did not have a warping engy in the team.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

So fun to see them patching nearly everyday promising fix that are not working. That is just great, they can't fix black doors, the rubber banding or the lag.
    Last edited by Aguitha; Dec 13th, 2002 at 16:39:15.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

5 missions with Black doors

After going through 15 missions last night, I was tortured with 5 missions with black doors. Two missions I had to evac out because both exits to the room were black and I had a horde of invisible mobs attacking me.

I never got any blackdoors befor the patch, funny thing is now iam starting to get alot of them

:/

So get this: before the patch I was getting 1-2 blackdoors per mission, and considering how much i've been powerlvling lately I musta been stuck over 20 times in 3 days... some friends had the same problem, but others in the team never got stuck.

Not I haven't gotten stuck a single time, but the folks in my team who didn't get stuck BEFORE the patch are now having the blackdoor problem.

In addition, I'm slingshoting all over the place. Feels like I'm on ice skates. I think they need to do away with this new 'indoor loading feature to speed up load times'.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Yah, i've noticed teammates getting the black doors... Haven't had any myself for months.

Rubberbanding's a different issue, though - pretty much every few minutes. Can only proceed after standing in place for a few seconds.

Unhappy Laggng more badly

I am really lagging more badly in mission I Swear! after this patch.... as a doc, could kill my teammate with lag heals.
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

Haven't had this much fun swearing at my PC since June 2001
    Joshua "Tenzian" Danczak

Where the hell am I?

I took a bit of time off from leveling to blitz all the gear I need. So I been blitzing a ton. Since patch I havent seen 1 black door. Used to get stuck 1 outta 3 missions prior to that. But I get warp back almost every mission now. I dont know if the warp back has to do with the black hole fix, but it is disorienting to say the least.

Sepaku
    112 Atrox Fixer

"boing"

"boing"

"boing"

"boing"

"boing"

"boing"

I don't know what you did in the last few patches FC but you ****ed it up good.

2 missions yesterday 3 blackdoor rubberbands and a bunch more rubber bands where i could get out.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Got caught behind an black door in an dead this morning... warped out, left team and logged off.... I hate missions.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

It's all part of the evil ploy to get you to hunt outdoors...

My best guess: Learn to live with this bug for a while.

The last time (in Beta) that we had this problem, it took a very, very long time before they patched a correct fix even though they kept saying they had a fix. It took many, many patches before the fixed it the first time. Cross your fingers, I guess?

Happened to me yesterday. Got stuck in a mission, decided to log and call it a night. When I came back today, the mission time had already run out, so I just went thru the mission area and killed the mobs, then continued my regular AO activities.

Got black doored 3 times last mission. I've never had this bug ever before 14.7.6
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

The funny thing is, I never had blackdoor problems prior to the "fix", now that FC fixed them, I warp all over the place and get blackdoors at least once a mission.

Looks like the "fix" introduced the blackdoor problem to some people, made it worse for others, and maybe fixed it for a few.

Rav

yes yes yes PLEASE fix the blackdoors. and the warping.

I get warped several times every mission. I'm on DSL and my "normal" (in-mission) ping is 90-150. There is no reason for this.

The blackdoors is more annoying tho (but the two bugs are undeniably linked) - Just about every other mission I blitz I die because of blackdoors. I normally never die but if you have every mob in the place aggrod on you and then you get warped, its very easy for them to interrupt one evac cast and then you're toast. Dying a blackdoor death and then waiting for the rezz, etc, heading back out to the mission, and dying a legitament death right after (a bomb on a door kills me from 80% health) was just a bit too much for me to bear and I just immediately /quit. Nothing no one else hasn't said before, but this is a REALLY REALLY very annoying, and commonplace bug. Death is one thing when you know its your own fault, its another when its because of something like that.

In my experience blackdoors are far more dangerous to blitzers, but in team missions they often mean you either have to grid out of the mission or log, either way means you lose your place and your map, although only one of them means the team has to reinvite you, but not all classes have a grid nano - and only fixers have a "fast" grid - and zone times being what they are these days, its a very significant delay regardless.

From my perspective, this should be bug priority #1, but it may occur more frequently to me than to others, and it almost certainly effects blitzers more than others. But as I said, it is a very significant problem during team missions as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast