Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Level 40 nanomage killed instantly on chest blast

im sure they made trap disarment for a reason.

raise it!

Ohh well lets se i have only read 1/4 of the posts but i would like to add something when it comes to disarming of traps.
    Right now it looks to be bugged in some way. With 600 Disarm and 5 tries i still have about 75% to set of trap in q195 mission.
    So i se no point to invest into it right now.¨
    Then some of you might say *Get Perception, detect traps and dont open them*. Well on that i can say about same thing to. 750 Perception here and had no luck yet to find traps.

IMO damage should stay where it is right now. And when Disarm and perception are fixed (and chest loot get better) then it should even be raised to hmm lets say 10k for q200 mission chest. If you cant disarm it dont touch it
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

The basic flaw with your argument Wraith is that the chests don't kill all nanomages, just gimp nanomages like yourself. Dark Blue skill doesn't mean don't invest IP here. My nanomage NT has never died to a chest explosion because I have put points into body dev and have max health fully implanted. I've even survived QL100 chest blasts at level 50. I haven't even done everything I could to increase my health yet. Once I get my dodga pads and throw up a Guardian Conductor of Life, chests will be even more of a joke.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Thank god I'm a fixer (:
    (allthough on a side note, I'm not playing annymore atm, but that's cause of different reasons d )

-W
    Becky "Cenelia" Schatz and equipment
    Picture drawn by MrFli

[Clan OOC]Azzreal: ok all pay attention. Qwazeech and cen are now elevated to god (and godess) status

Douglas Adams: "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to end"

/)(X.(>_x)(\<) bunnies shouldnt play with blenders
    disclaimer: bunny was not hurt permanently thanks to my divine powers

did you cuddle a leet today?

Originally posted by Ityn
    I shall not drink and post in the future.
    hehe thats how you get some of the best posts on these boards

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Gunandahalf
    im sure they made trap disarment for a reason.

raise it!
    like u disarming traps anyway lol
    Infamine 200 soljah

I skipped most of the posts in this thread but....

my level 33 nanomage NT has 1000 hp. 3 life cluster, enfraam's, and 60 token board.

I don't put IP into bomb disarm, but chests don't kill me either.

If you want to level a nanomage, you better pay attention to HP and evades, enough said.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Thumbs up

Nanomage enforcers? Is there such a thing? And if so, they are gimped. Regardless of lvl and equipment.
    Lockforcer on RK2 is a nanomage enforcer with a hammer. Last time i saw him he was just this side of lvl 160 and going strong. It is possible to be a nanomage Enf, just like its possible to be a atrox NT, it may be a little harder to play, but sill playable.
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

Ahh, he's only lvl 40, I know my NT was up in her 80's before she could cast the first layers....

Originally posted by Replicant Being
    If you are an NT then get layers.... it is effectively an HP buff.

Recast it just before you attempt to pop the chest.

Does trap disarm work like B&E i.e 2x QL of mission?
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Re: good point

Originally posted by Animosity
    As a NM: NT, MP, DOC

I only role max of 55% missions

when i first played an enf, i was like wow! 65%

then when i played an MA...

Ani.
    MP? 55%? at lvls 1-15 maybe, but after that a nanomage MP can powa lvl far higher than most classes can, I was running 100% all the time untill title caps then only dropping back 1 click on the slidy bar for upto 3 lvls past title cap then back upto 100%. The only time this has cut is I am currently 136, and running sub 200 missions (because there is little over 200 that is farmable) This is a MP that at lvl 136 only has 2100 HP's with odins running =)

Powa to the proxy is what i say
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

My .02 creds on the subject.

1) Traps have increased in damage.

I think this isn't *accualy* true. I think that funcom just fixed the way traps did their damage, and didn't bother telling us (again). Before the traps started doing more damage, I noticed that only the person setting off the trap was damaged, and that if the mob took damage, is was somewhere around 2x the damage that the person setting off the trap did...

Hmm, halved damage, where do we have that? PvP. Trap damage was being caculated as if the person who set it off the trap was doing the damage. I think they just fixed it so the trap does the damage, so now the person who sets it off takes full damage, along with everyone around them.

2) Nanomages are killed too easily by traps.

You don't have to max out your body dev and such things, but you do have to keep it up. I dump points into body dev and stamina every few levels, especialy when I notice traps o rmobs are taking me down too far.

3) Why should you disarm traps?

Anyone who asked this has never bothered disarming traps... it's a nice little xp bonus you can get, better than unlocking things... worth spending the IP on, to keep it high enough to disarm most traps, IMHO.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Heh, got killed by a trapped chest the other day. And I'm a soli fixer 112, only about 2.8k hp tho. Missed it on my perception roll, which is really rare nowadays. Course it was also my fault that I was around 50% hp (just got done fighting) when I popped the chest. Think it hit me for about 2k chem damage. Hello Reclaim.

Still I find it kinda cool that I still can miss finding traps and have a risk at opening chests. Heh or the infamous rollerat trapped locked-door. No wonder the damned things are so angry and aggro. Someone stuffed it into a door :P

Originally posted by Losobal
    No wonder the damned things are so angry and aggro. Someone stuffed it into a door :P
    LOL !

Yes, someone with a very strange sense of humor is tormenting the poor little shrieking balls of fury.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Originally posted by Wraith God

Now just a minute here.

1. Its not self inflicted. Funcom changed the story by significantly increasing chest blast damage, and presumably did it for some reason. Interestingly, the only class it signifantly effects are nanomages. Why is that? We won't get an answer from Funcom of course, but the reason I'm posting here, is because I think that change was ill-conceived. If you don't think it wasn't ill-conceived, then lets here your reason for raising blast damage just enought to catch a good chunk of nanomages and nobody else.

2. As noted, body dev, strength, evades, are all dark blue for NTs. Presumably, because they're of tertiary importance for the class. MC, on the other hand, is of primary importance. So you're ocmparision is 100% off the mark.

Further, for Mobs, my hp is not an overwhelming problem. For chest blast it is. Why is that? Why should a chest do hugely more damage that the most damaging Mob in the whole mission? Presumably, there is a reason. What is it? Especially as all my spying skills are dark blue, so there is no way I'm ever going to be able to disarm a chest. Does this mean that nanomages are specifically intended not to solo? Or if you solo, only nanomages should not get loot? Does it make sense?

Your point that it can be compensated for, is a valid one. And yeah, that's what's gonna have to happen. My point here though, is what is the rationale behind making nanomage NT change their implant and IP priorities simply to survive opening chests? I haven't a clue. Do you?
    Chests are fine, anyone who dies form full HP to a chest even in a 100% missions is clearly a gimp already. No offense, but even a nanomage NT should have the hitpoints to take it. If you didn't max the most important skill in the entire game (body dev) then you deserve to die regardless of how "blue" it is. Everyone has to max blue skills, thats how the game works.

funny part is that peoples forgot that sta adds to Mc but o well
    Infamine 200 soljah

:p

Jeeze quit whining. your level 40. your a nebie. you could have leveled 10 times by now.
    War is Hell.

raise your health then
    Interesting game so far

When i put ql 90 imps on my lvl 38 soldier soon ill have 1.5k or so selfbuffed HP. Now he's solitus and a soldier i realize this but it doesn't mean a well built level 40 nanomage NT has 1,000 points of HP less than me..maybe like 500 or 600 but i can't doubt what you're saying more. My advice is to implant life in every spot you can. IP is a ***** at these levels and i know how dark blue skills go but no matter what you always need to max body dev.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Nanomage

Well i think the point he is trying to make is more that the trade off of more nano for less hp was over done. my 72 NT ( dont play him since then, he dies way to much to be fun ) didnt seem to have any more nano then before when the change was made but the health is WAY dropped. I think that they over did the health loss for that race. maybe balance it with cheaper evades and raise the health the race has a bit. And yes i do have the efframs buff line, but it does not add that much anyway.

A bit off the subject..but a few prof should be looked at in the 40-70 range its like they where never tested on that level. The clam line for one thing has a huge gap..i am sure there are a few other nano gaps as well ..i just didnt take the time to remember them all. Its a really tuff spread for most classes 40-70.... at least in my expireance.

Re: Nanomage

Originally posted by Troublex
    Well i think the point he is trying to make is more that the trade off of more nano for less hp was over done. my 72 NT ( dont play him since then, he dies way to much to be fun ) didnt seem to have any more nano then before when the change was made but the health is WAY dropped. I think that they over did the health loss for that race.
    Huh?

If you are thinking of the recent (14.6 or so?) breed balancing, it did not involve taking HP's away from nanomages. It involved bigger nanopool for NM and more HP's for atrox. Nothing was taken away tho...

Epoz

Jeevez........: Rimor Clan Enforcer (Atrox)
    Mediceval....: Rimor Clan Doc (Solitus)
    Mozart........: Rimor Clan Trader (Solitus)

Retired:
    Helvic.........: Rimor Clan NT (Solitus).
    Epoz..........: Rimor Clan NT (Nanomage).

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast