Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Level 40 nanomage killed instantly on chest blast

Bitterness

Re: same mission died again on chest blast

Originally posted by Wraith God
    Just died again on another chest blast: 561 chemical damage. Time to log out and do something else...
    Get some more HP or leave the chests alone. Christ almighty, you're complaining that you *don't have HP*. That is a known sideaffect of being nanomage. Suck it up or get some more.

P.S. As a nanomage, you're better off maxing Body Dev than even Matter Creation. You need HP a lot more than some piddly points of MC.

Last week I got double hit by a high ql chest, boy that sucked. Lvl 190 or so mission, I open a chest and get hit by the exact same dmg twice (4 dmg messages, usually only 2). Ended up at about 6k dmg but thats just a scratch . (lvl 158 btw).
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

anyone think perception and checking chests might be a good idea? just dont open trapped chests (and you get to see all the agents sneaking around too!)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

For the love

Off god its a chest not a mob 50 lvls above just a chest eithere u can open it or not death from chest pff what a crock of ****

Talking PS.

Lost 2.5 mill xp from a chest with 4 k HP
    yer thats right a Nanomage with 4 k HP fear me
    #

I have a slightly different take on the whole trapped chest thing.

If a chest is to be so powerful as to where it could kill you (the risk), then the reward should be equally as powerful. Loot is bad enough from many team mission chests, and outright pathetic in solo missions.

So if a person can die opening a chest, there should be the distinct possibility that they just might find something other than a psychology tutoring device and 100 rounds of flamethrower ammunition. Most people would probably not mind if chest explosions were increased ever further, if a greater possibility existed that they might get Nullity, GA, and what is now boss loot only items like the X-3, Div9, etc.

So how about it FC? Open up the loot tables with chests, with the risk of being blown to bits to get that loot. It would slow down the level treadmill and allow the solo player to at least have a shot at those items they are otherwise unable to get unless they team.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Re: Level 40 nanomage killed instantly on chest blast

My Level 40 nanomage NT has no problem doing level 48 single player missions - in terms of the Mobs. However, I die instantly on chest blasts. This is just so dumb, and has to be fixed because it totally destroys doing single player missions for nanomage chars.

My NT, at level 40, has 530 hp. The blast I just got totalled with hit me for 596 chemical damage.

So what are you supposed to do here? My evades are dark blue, my strength is dark blue, my body dev is dark blue, my trap disarm is dark blue, my perception is dark blue. As it is, the only thing I've maxed are Mat Crea, Intel, Psychic, and Nano Pool; the rest I'm out of IP to do much with. I haven't even got my Nano init maxed, because its essential to at put some effort into these dark blue evades, and they're a sink hole.

So give me some suggestions here, huh, rather than reroll as an Atrox.
    Hi. Please raise your body development, even if it is dark blue.

Bitterness
    Or how about LEVELING? You've done it before, do it some more.

Talking

Originally posted by Turin

Nanomage enforcers? Is there such a thing? And if so, they are gimped. Regardless of lvl and equipment.

my lv5 Nanomage Enforcer kicks buttock!!!

Post re

To die from a chest blast can certainly annoy,

I am a NM MP. I have all my evades up, and body dev, as well as stam. In addition I don't roll 100% red missions.

I have been hit hard before by a trap but never killed, then again I always make sure I am close to full life when I open a chest.> Heal pet/plus treatment kits.

AO annoys me too, there are ALOT of people playing twinks and when the die in red missions with bosses twice their level they whine about AO sucking or being broke. If you aren't one of those spoiled brats, ignore this.

In addition, yes, vent, get pissed, its healthy, but if you are taking missions way above your level and going to reclaim alot, I would say roll more appropriate ones.

best of luck
    Gorgetha
    Priestess of the Unspeakable
    Omni Meta-physicist (RK1 Atlantean)

good point

As a NM: NT, MP, DOC

I only role max of 55% missions

when i first played an enf, i was like wow! 65%

then when i played an MA...

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

My Level 40 nanomage NT has no problem doing level 48 single player missions - in terms of the Mobs. However, I die instantly on chest blasts. This is just so dumb, and has to be fixed because it totally destroys doing single player missions for nanomage chars.

My NT, at level 40, has 530 hp. The blast I just got totalled with hit me for 596 chemical damage.

So what are you supposed to do here? My evades are dark blue, my strength is dark blue, my body dev is dark blue, my trap disarm is dark blue, my perception is dark blue. As it is, the only thing I've maxed are Mat Crea, Intel, Psychic, and Nano Pool; the rest I'm out of IP to do much with. I haven't even got my Nano init maxed, because its essential to at put some effort into these dark blue evades, and they're a sink hole.

So give me some suggestions here, huh, rather than reroll as an Atrox.
    What I don't understand is how you can die from a 500 damage blast. I have an NT. He's nanomage. He's lvl 39. And he's got 910 Hitpoint. That is same breed, same profession, one lvl less, and 400 more hitpoints.

I must admit that I have triple implanted max health with ql70 implants. Those three implants give me about 300 hitpoints, but evenm if I take them off, I still have 100 more hitpoints than your lvl 40.
    I have maxed nanopool, body dev, int/psy, MC, and keeping the other vital things close to max. I'm having a hard time afforcing everything ATM, but I allways, ALLWAYS max body dev. Nomatterwhat. Do you know why? Because nukes draw aggro. That means mobs will sooner or later attack me. then it is vital that I can take that one, maybe two extra hits.

So, if I were you, I'd get some HP-implants, and spend the next lvls worth of IP into body dev. btw, I've gotten a ton of chest bombs on me. Never died from one. Unless I'm so stupid that I forget to heal up before opening one, but that's not happened yet.

Originally posted by Turin

Nanomage enforcers? Is there such a thing? And if so, they are gimped. Regardless of lvl and equipment.
    actually, nanomage forcers can do pretty well.

What they lack in pure power, they can overcome by getting the top notch nanos before any other 'forcer. Below lvl 100 can seem tough at times, for a nanomage 'forcer, but after 10, a nanomage 'forcer should be equal, maybe better than, say, a solitus. Since, in a team, mobs rarely lives for more than 10 seconds anyway, and nanopool becomes more essential for all professions.

My level 46 Nanomage NT has nearly 1200 health and never dies from chest blasts. Did I do something wrong? Didnt' even max out body development.

Mr. T

Hehe. I've had the 'experts' damn neigh kill me in team missions with these chest. I'm just standing there then [SIZE=4]BLAM!![/SIZE]. Suddenly half the team is at 10% health.

That's why (along with rollerrats) that chest are pretty well verboten in team missions.
    You need to get your priorities straight, and stop teaming with gimps.

If you don't max stam and use health implants, don't expect much sympathy. If I was you I would leave the chests alone until you know you won't die from the blast. Also do 50% missions, or get an essense buff while doing 60-70% missions. I always grab a behomoth on my twinks when they solo, best investment ya can make is NCU/stam/life.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by NotAnyMmore

actually, nanomage forcers can do pretty well.

What they lack in pure power, they can overcome by getting the top notch nanos before any other 'forcer. Below lvl 100 can seem tough at times, for a nanomage 'forcer, but after 10, a nanomage 'forcer should be equal, maybe better than, say, a solitus. Since, in a team, mobs rarely lives for more than 10 seconds anyway, and nanopool becomes more essential for all professions.
    Listen to this man, even with an anus in the center of his fore-head he makes lots of sense!

I know several Nano-enfs, they do great, get all the nanos sooner, have a few less HP because of STA, but can use all the essences sooner, challengers sooner, and mongo=heal sooner. Nano enf is the futar!

I shall not drink and post in the future.

Never died to a chest blast so far, my nt is lvl 22 has about 306hp (not shure about the hp, at work so might be higher)and is a nano mage, on the other hand i do 50% missions, if for instance my lvl 34 agent is doing a 50+ mission and i open a chest and it blows, i would almost expect to die from that, but from a 50% not chance, it takes me down to about 15-20% hp.

I haven't maxxed body dev but i shure put points into it, as well as stamina, i also try hard to get tokens on missions, having a +221hp token board is very nice
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Train Trap Disarm and disarm all chests then. That is what I did on my old NT and I was fine.

lol...max bodydev/sta and implants sta+max hp ...
    Infamine 200 soljah

I use search then trap disarm, skill could be higher but i do manage to disarm from time to time, usually gain 1k+ xp doing so, if the chest is locked to makes for another ~600xp, then the chest is empty *grr*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast