Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Level 40 nanomage killed instantly on chest blast

Level 40 nanomage killed instantly on chest blast

My Level 40 nanomage NT has no problem doing level 48 single player missions - in terms of the Mobs. However, I die instantly on chest blasts. This is just so dumb, and has to be fixed because it totally destroys doing single player missions for nanomage chars.

My NT, at level 40, has 530 hp. The blast I just got totalled with hit me for 596 chemical damage.

So what are you supposed to do here? My evades are dark blue, my strength is dark blue, my body dev is dark blue, my trap disarm is dark blue, my perception is dark blue. As it is, the only thing I've maxed are Mat Crea, Intel, Psychic, and Nano Pool; the rest I'm out of IP to do much with. I haven't even got my Nano init maxed, because its essential to at put some effort into these dark blue evades, and they're a sink hole.

So give me some suggestions here, huh, rather than reroll as an Atrox.

same mission died again on chest blast

Just died again on another chest blast: 561 chemical damage. Time to log out and do something else...

Well - one thing I have done with all my NT's is to ALWAYS max body dev AND stamina + implant MAX LIFE (not body dev!).

Do this (stamina being the least important of those) and you should be ok. And frankly, if you dont have the ip for it maybe you should give your priorities another thought?

Jeevez........: Rimor Clan Enforcer (Atrox)
    Mediceval....: Rimor Clan Doc (Solitus)
    Mozart........: Rimor Clan Trader (Solitus)

Retired:
    Helvic.........: Rimor Clan NT (Solitus).
    Epoz..........: Rimor Clan NT (Nanomage).

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Don't you have that enfraams HP buff?
    Maybe get an essence cast on you before you solo, if you really hate teaming that much.

I believe they made damage roughly 75% of a nanomage health in a 50% diff. mission.

I have the same problem, so I never open chest in mission 70% difficulty or above. Or if I do I expect to die if the chest is trapped. I think it's a very good idea, to really being afraid of something totally different than fight in mission. All characters should'nt be able to open chests without risks, unless they invested in trap disarming (and Duck. Exp. I presume).

One proposition is maybe to use the disarm trap expertise (at level 40, +20 is not ridiculous) and try at least 10 times (?) to disarm the trap with a disarmement tool before trying to open it. It takes time, but if you manage to disarm a trap you'll get good xp - unless you're a crazy xp hunter (more than opening a chest I think).
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Hehe yeah whats the point of traps if they arent lethal to ANYONE. Then its just a minor annoyance as you have to stop and heal after.

Originally posted by Stercoral
    I think it's a very good idea, to really being afraid of something totally different than fight in mission. All characters should'nt be able to open chests without risks, unless they invested in trap disarming (and Duck. Exp. I presume).
    If that's the idea, why not make it instantly lethal to everyone? They could easily make it a blast of 10,000 and clear out the area.

They haven't done that. Rather, they've set it up to kill nanomages. Nobody else. That's my problem.

That is destroys soloing is yet another problem. But, it just destroys soloing for nanomages.

They should tone it down on solo missions, and beef it up on team missions, that would give some incentive to let the experts (fixers, agents) unlock doors and chests.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Hmm... not all nanomages either. I bet nanomage enforcers don't get killed from chests!

And it would be a good idea to do as the man said: max body dev and implant life.

Originally posted by lilnymph
    They should tone it down on solo missions, and beef it up on team missions, that would give some incentive to let the experts (fixers, agents) unlock doors and chests.
    Hehe. I've had the 'experts' damn neigh kill me in team missions with these chest. I'm just standing there then [SIZE=4]BLAM!![/SIZE]. Suddenly half the team is at 10% health.

That's why (along with rollerrats) that chest are pretty well verboten in team missions.

Re: same mission died again on chest blast

Originally posted by Wraith God
    Just died again on another chest blast: 561 chemical damage. Time to log out and do something else...
    ...or time to take appropriate action and get more HP's!!!

1. It's possible
    2. It wont gimp you at all - actually it's the other way around.

Don't come crying on the forums that this is a conspiracy against nano-mages. This "problem" of yours is self inflicted. Fix it!

Whats next? Stop raising MC, and come crying that Ice Flechette just isn't powerful enough in even a 20% mission?

Epoz

Jeevez........: Rimor Clan Enforcer (Atrox)
    Mediceval....: Rimor Clan Doc (Solitus)
    Mozart........: Rimor Clan Trader (Solitus)

Retired:
    Helvic.........: Rimor Clan NT (Solitus).
    Epoz..........: Rimor Clan NT (Nanomage).

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

If you maxed out nanoskills and ran out of IP as a result, you have made the decision to be offensive based, and not defensive, and if you dont have enough HP, thats the price you paid for being able to cast those good nukes.
    I think some people will complain unless whatever profession they are playing is uber at everything and doesnt need to rely on anyone for anything (team with a doc, is a 2 person team just that horrible and unfun?).

Do u have a token board?

I'm a nanomage NT, I have stamina, intelligence, sense, psychic, bodydev and nanopool maxed, also implant max life. at level 91 with a doc buff I can get upto 2.5 to 2.6k hp.

My evades aren't too hot though so I get hit more and for higher damage but that is being remedied by the title cap and the fact I have lots of spare IP to boost evades until level 100

only skills being sacrificed are nano prog, comp lit and biomet nanoskill.

I'd recommend you browse over nanogods.bryansdomain.com and read up on their recommended skill and implant usage.

I found that site very helpful, the only thing I changed from their implant layout was to add a faded ducking o the bright nimblenes foot implant and remove the left had implant (to remove agil reqs as I dont put ip into strength or agility at the moment).

I'm turning out to be a pretty good NT and I'd reckon that in a fe more levels I'll be able to kill people as well as mobs

HTH

Inktopia
    Director Elusive Darkness
    Inktopia - 129 NT
    Smudged 103 MA
    Fixicality - 50 Fixer
    Docsiniter - 72 Doctor

All them are deleted - I figured 12 months is too out of touch so I started a new MA called BlueNexus

Originally posted by Epoz
    ...or time to take appropriate action and get more HP's!!!

1. It's possible
    2. It wont gimp you at all - actually it's the other way around.

Don't come crying on the forums that this is a conspiracy against nano-mages. This "problem" of yours is self inflicted. Fix it!

Whats next? Stop raising MC, and come crying that Ice Flechette just isn't powerful enough in even a 20% mission?

Epoz
    Now just a minute here.

1. Its not self inflicted. Funcom changed the story by significantly increasing chest blast damage, and presumably did it for some reason. Interestingly, the only class it signifantly effects are nanomages. Why is that? We won't get an answer from Funcom of course, but the reason I'm posting here, is because I think that change was ill-conceived. If you don't think it wasn't ill-conceived, then lets here your reason for raising blast damage just enought to catch a good chunk of nanomages and nobody else.

2. As noted, body dev, strength, evades, are all dark blue for NTs. Presumably, because they're of tertiary importance for the class. MC, on the other hand, is of primary importance. So you're ocmparision is 100% off the mark.

Further, for Mobs, my hp is not an overwhelming problem. For chest blast it is. Why is that? Why should a chest do hugely more damage that the most damaging Mob in the whole mission? Presumably, there is a reason. What is it? Especially as all my spying skills are dark blue, so there is no way I'm ever going to be able to disarm a chest. Does this mean that nanomages are specifically intended not to solo? Or if you solo, only nanomages should not get loot? Does it make sense?

Your point that it can be compensated for, is a valid one. And yeah, that's what's gonna have to happen. My point here though, is what is the rationale behind making nanomage NT change their implant and IP priorities simply to survive opening chests? I haven't a clue. Do you?

yeah!, good Idea!, I'd survive that blast and have about 900hp to spare..

(just kidding ofcourse, that someone dies from a trapped chest sucks, sure if it takes down half your hp, sure, but not all of it.. that's.. just not right.. )

If that's the idea, why not make it instantly lethal to everyone? They could easily make it a blast of 10,000 and clear out the area.
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Dissasemble!

Now just a minute here.

1. Its not self inflicted. Funcom changed the story by significantly increasing chest blast damage, and presumably did it for some reason.
    Yup, they did it because there was *no* reason to bother disarming traps before, as they were useless.

Interestingly, the only class it signifantly effects are nanomages. Why is that? We won't get an answer from Funcom of course, but the reason I'm posting here, is because I think that change was ill-conceived. If you don't think it wasn't ill-conceived, then lets here your reason for raising blast damage just enought to catch a good chunk of nanomages and nobody else.
    This affects anyone who hasn't raised their HP. A trap doesn't care if you are an Atrox or a Nanomage, it just does damage.

2. As noted, body dev, strength, evades, are all dark blue for NTs. Presumably, because they're of tertiary importance for the class. MC, on the other hand, is of primary importance. So you're ocmparision is 100% off the mark.
    No, you have dark blue evades and body dev because you are a heavily offensively biased profession.
    If you don't bother to raise your ability to handle damage. don't be suprised when things kill you.
    This seems rather basic to me, frankly.

I snipped the rest of the whining, as it's rather ridiculous.
    You have two choices: Raise your trap disarm, or raise your HP.

Whining just makes you look dumb.

(Besides, it was silly to have traps that *never* threatened to kill anyone. I'm glad that there is now a *reason* for fixer/agents to use their skills.)
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

They should maybe lower a bit the reqs for disarming it while doing trapped chest do twice or three times damage ?
    I know almost all will be against that, but that way, all will be very affected (= dead by trap undisarmed in mission above 75%) by trap damage. Actually I'm not so sure it would be fun.

Of course it's less fun, less loot, less reward, but a trap is a trap, why would you put a trap on a chest, your chest, which just scratch the man who opens it like a brute ?
    Traps were like that before, nobody cared about it. Now maybe only nanomage with low health profession have to care, sounds not fair, but in solo I like the idea (I am masochist for sure )

And like Kenlon said, I deal with it, I have low hp, but I may deal a lot of damage... errrr. when protected by a team, and without fumbles and so on and using constantly nanorecharge kits. At least NT should work like that, in general, low hp, max damage (I still have to really see that better damage) and no trap disarming abilities, even if that sucks big time, it's the profession and the breed we choosed.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Dissasemble!

This affects anyone who hasn't raised their HP. A trap doesn't care if you are an Atrox or a Nanomage, it just does damage.
    Hehe. Guys who make assertions without data are just such easy targets.

It just so happens that I have a bunch of chars. Some are nanomage, some are solitus, and some are opifex. Here's a list of the hp and bodydev stats on those around level 40:

1. level 40 Nanomage NT: 530 hp; 145 body dev
    2. level 36 Solitus Doc: 711 hp; 120 body dev
    3. level 44 Solitus Crat: 828 hp; 160 body dev
    4. level 30 Opifex Fixer: 658 hp; 113 body dev

None of these chars but the fixer has hp implants, and on the fixer I compensated for the 104 max health from them.
    You'll notice that even the level 30 opifex could have easily survived the blast that wiped out the level 40 nanomage. And the level 30 opifex has significantly lower body dev stats.

Your assertion then, that the chest blasts indiscriminately affect all classes is simply bull. You don't know what you are talking about.

No, you have dark blue evades and body dev because you are a heavily offensively biased profession.
    If you don't bother to raise your ability to handle damage. don't be suprised when things kill you.
    This seems rather basic to me, frankly.
    I'm sure everything seems pretty basic to you. But that doesn't mean that it is.

For example, my docs also have dark blue evades, and sure, they're gonna get hit by chest blasts just the same as the nanomage. The difference, is that the Solitus doc will survive but the Nanomage NT won't. By a wide margin. And if you look, you'll see that the doc has spent less on body dev. So its not a simple question of raising stats as you seem to think.

I snipped the rest of the whining, as it's rather ridiculous.
    You have two choices: Raise your trap disarm, or raise your HP.

Whining just makes you look dumb.
    You're probably right. Whining does make me look dumb. But spewing out unsubstantiated drivel, is simply laughable.

Have a nice day, kid.

None of these chars but the fixer has hp implants
    Ok, say it loud and clear with me now : D O H !

I have 8 chars and EVERY ONE OF THEM has HP implants.

Nothing is more important than health.

My nanomage NT has no major problems with chests in solo missions when running enfraams, a decent layer, and remembering to heal up first.

However, I think I will raise my perception to easier detect these buggers...anyone have any number of what how perception relates to mission level to successfully detect all traps ?
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast