Thread: QL250 vision enhancers bugged???

QL250 vision enhancers bugged???

Okay, this could just be all the malt liquor I been drinking lately, but there's something up with the ql250 VEs.

Ones before the last big patch have had their stats changed. They used to have -478 (I believe) to all inits and required 800 something perception.

Now since the last patch, if you get a "new" VE, it only has -378 or so to all inits and require something like 685 perception to equip. The "old" ql250 VEs now require over 1300 perception. I actually have both an old and a new one. I took the old one off when I needed to do an ip reset and stuck a new one on.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I crit ALOT less. I was wondering if the "old" ql250 ve may have been bugged. I used to get these big long trains of crits, 10-15 in a row (even after they fixed the crit bug) until I got the new scope on. Now it seems I'm not critting anymore than I would if I had no scope at all.

Anyone else experience this?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Yes I had same problems. The scopes you had in inv,bank or on before lst big patch has now "insane" reqs and not sure if they even give you crit mod...

I got new scope from mission and it has lower reqs and definetly works, so I suggest that sell/delete all your old VEs and get new.

I still have my old 250 VE on, but i cant really tell if i crit more since im an MA with UVC

I did notice the insane req on it now tho.. definitely would like to hear others on this also.

does this only affect the ql 250 version or all previous versions regardless of quality ?

Yeah I've got a super buggered 250 also, althoughi dont really seem to notice any drop in crits. I do have lma though , so who knows.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

I did a damage dumper last night and even after the crit bug was fixd, I got a huge drop in crits.

Running 8% VE, 24% UVC, 3% base and my attack rating is just shy of 1200.

Yeah those crit chains were absolutely r0xx0r though. Maybe I did crit a bit too much and I know I still do great damage, so I'm not really complaining, but I'm just sort of curious to know if I was one the right track here.

I remember a BIG team mission I ran just a couple days before I swapped out scopes.

1st place - Me: over 2 million in damage
    2nd place - Trader 20 lvls high: 650,000ish damage

Hehe and that was even a few levels before the title 5 cap. So again, I'm not gonig to b*tch, I was just really curious

Well, I took a look at the DB...

They have added a "new" VE entry into the DB at QL 260. Before, there was a QL 400 VE that was of similar stats as the old-school 15% LLTS, and they just interpolated between QL 100-400...since drops were limited to QL 240-250, the power was limited by availability.

My guess is that they have nixed the QL 100-400 interpolation, added this new QL 260 entry as the "high" entry, and limited the drop to that QL range.

The stats on the QL 260 are:
    Modify Wearer MeleeInit. -400
    Modify Wearer RangedInit. -400
    Modify Wearer PhysicalInit. -400
    Modify Wearer NanoC.Init -26
    Modify Wearer AimedShot 304
    Modify Wearer CriticalIncrease 8
    Modify Wearer WeaponRange 42

QL 100 is:
    Modify Wearer MeleeInit. -50
    Modify Wearer RangedInit. -50
    Modify Wearer PhysicalInit. -50
    Modify Wearer NanoC.Init -50
    Modify Wearer AimedShot 30
    Modify Wearer CriticalIncrease 1
    Modify Wearer WeaponRange 1

Now... for some reference, the stats on the old QL 400 were:
    Modify Wearer MeleeInit. -800
    Modify Wearer RangedInit. -800
    Modify Wearer PhysicalInit. -800
    Modify Wearer NanoC.Init 1
    Modify Wearer AimedShot 600
    Modify Wearer CriticalIncrease 15
    Modify Wearer WeaponRange 80

So... interpolating 100-400, a QL 260 VE before this change would have been approx.:
    Modify Wearer MeleeInit. -450
    Modify Wearer RangedInit. -450
    Modify Wearer PhysicalInit. -450
    Modify Wearer NanoC.Init -23
    Modify Wearer AimedShot 334
    Modify Wearer CriticalIncrease 8
    Modify Wearer WeaponRange 23

So... the net change old vs. new QL 260 VE:
    Inits: New is 50 less of a debuff
    Nano Init: New is 3 more of a debuff
    Aimed Shot: New is 30 less of a buff
    Crit: Identical
    Range Increase: New is 19 more of a buff (in %, of course)

Maybe that analysis helps a little?

If you wanna make sure, do me a favor and throw a reference of your VE into ItemsBot (/tell itemsbot [reference]) and write down the Hi/Low ID numbers. That will tell me if they are interpolating to the new QL 260 entry as the high, or the old QL 400 entry. (QL 260 version ID is: 205620, QL 400 version ID is 160633)

Edit: Oh! Forgot about req... Old QL 260 probably would have interpolated to about a 1404 Perception req, while the new version is only 721.

It is possible that VEs that were dropped before the changes may still interpolate to the QL 400 high ID. Need to test this in-game. But VEs of indetical Ql before/after 14.7.1 may have different stats. Will research tonight =)

-Jayde
    Last edited by Jayde; Dec 13th, 2002 at 19:52:46.

You bet Jayde, soon as I log in tonight, I'm going to pop in the stats for both the old and the new ql250 VEs.

Yknow a funny thing occurd to me. During the Notum Wars beta, there was some mention of a bugged ql250 VE and using it was an exploit. I never did bother to find out what exactly was 'bugged'....

I will admit that the stats on the new VE are nicer as it takes less from init speed. The old scopes did feel 'bugged'. With uvc and the scope I swear my crit rate was more like 75%. There'd be fights against aces and vets where every last hit was a critical.

Same in camelot. Regular hit, crit, crit, crit, brawl crit, regular hit. LOL no wonder why I fell in love with my MA. The lack of official word on this makes me wonder if it's all in my head, but I been playing with this new scope for a week or so now and I can without a doubt feel a difference.

But if the old scopes weren't somehow bugged, why make "new" ql250 scopes? And for that matter, why didn't they just change the stats on the "old" scope to reflect the "new scopes" or remove the bugged scopes altogether?

Wierd, eh?

I thought of one other possibility that I hate to explore....

Did crits get halved in pvm by mistake?

Any MAs out there feel a difference since the last patch?

I havent been playing my MA much lately, but i still crit like crazy in pvm and have the old ql250 VE on. PvP on the other hand is still a complete waste of time...

Originally posted by Dao
    I havent been playing my MA much lately, but i still crit like crazy in pvm and have the old ql250 VE on. PvP on the other hand is still a complete waste of time...
    Hmm, then maybe the old scopes are/were bugged, because I definitely crit less, even though my attack rating is considerably higher than it used to be