Thread: Can create char without choosing side

Can create char without choosing side

I created a new char, but when I got to the part where you choose a side, I just ran down a hall without stopping to talk to the chars there. It let me zone into a backyard. But once there, I was unable to access either my inventory or the skills system. The game said I could not do those things until I had chosen a side.

Either the game should not allow zoning before a side is chosen, or the side should automatically be assigned when you zone.

[edit] went back and deleted the char (easier than waiting on a petition). The second time, I specifically talked to the guy at the desk, but there wasn't a choice to sign up. Fortunately, it worked this time. Maybe the bug occurs if you step through without talking to anyone first? When I had the bug, I talked to the lady at the rope line, but that's it.
    Last edited by Hypos; Dec 13th, 2002 at 07:45:03.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I had the same problem! I created a new character today, came to the hall....talked to the old geezer(he`s tha bomb), and then the informer on the Omni Side...I came into the backyard...and no side.

But hey, I still got Side XP bonus!
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

I made an effort to reproduce this problem, but couldn't. The only thing I remember being odd about the time the bug occurred was that it took longer than normal for me to zone into the backyard.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops