Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small change to roots ???

Roots cannot be instacast at all times... If i root someone, then nuke, i have 4 sec recharge, those 4 secs you can do what you need.

Yazule, yes, as i posted earlier in this thread, and as you agreed on, roots dont need a boost, the exploits needs to be fixed first.
    NT phone HOME!!

Question

ummmm so whats the point of roots if 50% got root and other 50% got root removers?
    wont those ppl just cancel each other?
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

Make roots last for the full duration if not resisted even when taking damage and remove the break exploit but also make nano resist work vs roots at 200%.

Originally posted by Ming
    OMG...without that so called exploit MA's don't even get a swing in. I'm sorry but even when I CAN hit my opponent I lose most of the time. (99%) Now you want me to just stand there and take it up the ass while I get shot and nuked? I think anyone who wants that can just bite me. Yeah Yaz we better get rid of that exploit right away! Let's also get rid of the beam/flurry max speed exploit too while we're at it, hmm? Yeah so those advocating we MA's get stuck and have to wait for the damn thing to break (when it's instacast anyway) can go piss up a flagpole.

actually mig, the speeds I get are what I am supposed to, the bug that exists is that you get stuck at that speed until you zone. The speed you look at in wonder is the correct speed. The mision bug does need to be fixed though. Just like the casting bug, just like about 9898439835 other bugs. I never said that MA's should not get some work and esp on the root area. Right now there is no risk to a rooter against an MA (esp at high levels when they have enough nano to cast that 16 sec root about 93847928374892743 times).

Im surprised at you mingz, you must be mad, cause I "think" you know that FoB (it IS called Flurry of blows after all) is SUPPOSED to do what it does (esp with a init buff and rage putting my inits at capping speed). Thing is it is supposed to be for 30 sec not as long as you are in the mission (yes it only happens in missions).

So yes, all the exploits and bugs should be fixed, then they should deal with balancing. They need to do something with root for sure. Rooters complain that it is too weak, melee people think it is too strong. Enforcers can break roots with a nano designed for it, but even with that a good rooter will always ALWAYS be out of range. People make mistakes though and I seem to do "ok" against someone rooting me.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Danae
    Make roots last for the full duration if not resisted even when taking damage and remove the break exploit but also make nano resist work vs roots at 200%.

nanoresist is crap. If you can only cast a root every 5 minutes then I might agree with you. NO RISK NO REWARD

if at 100% with maxed implanted resist you can stop 1 in 10 roots (I have never had one resisted and I have a char with maxed implanted resist just for testing). then what you propose is melee people should lose 2 in 10 fights.

That is such crap.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Makarov
    ummmm so whats the point of roots if 50% got root and other 50% got root removers?
    wont those ppl just cancel each other?
    problem with root is as soon as it is gone you can recast it with little nano cost, no time spent. right away.

I have a rooter, it is a bit overpowering in all honesty against any melee class. and a LOT of classes have root.

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Garzu
    Roots cannot be instacast at all times... If i root someone, then nuke, i have 4 sec recharge, those 4 secs you can do what you need.

Yazule, yes, as i posted earlier in this thread, and as you agreed on, roots dont need a boost, the exploits needs to be fixed first.
    That is true, but if you are 40M out 2 of those seconds are spent running too you, 1 second is spent while the game realizes your not rooted anymore (seriously) so I get one swing before I am rooted again. 40% rule means I cant kill you and I am rooted, and you move away and use a heal stim and you can just root me til you get another stim, then we start again. If you use quick low nano nukes (not 4 sec recharge) I will lose. This is not necisairly true of enforcers (rage line) but for all other melee'ers it will work every time.

I dont propose to have a solution, but I think that until they fix the exploits, or at least say "this is the way we want it" there is no way to talk about how to balance it.

ROFLOL

but if you are 40M out 2 of those seconds are spent running too you, 1 second is spent while the game realizes your not rooted anymore (seriously) so I get one swing before I am rooted again.
    Amen.

And if you fight a trader, they take your nano such that you can't break roots after awhile
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12