Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small change to roots ???

Question Small change to roots ???

Well we all know that is it not that hard to brake roots in PVP.
    So mine qestion are this.
    Why not change roots so that it brakes only if your single shot did more that (lets say 10% of targets life and even then you have chance to keep it if you are lucky) or that if you total damage went past (lets say 20% of targets life) then it would do auto brake

PS: Numbers are just aprox so dont bash me if they are to low/high

Just want to hear some thoughts on this
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

You are absolutely correct, roots breaks way to easy, something needs to be done.
    NT phone HOME!!

unless I cast rage, which is supposed to break roots (and every other negative nano, too bad it ONLY breaks roots)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Well, I think they need to make roots stick on PvP and also at the same time SHORTEN the time on the mob roots that we get in missions... There is NO need to stay rooted after you have cleared aggro from an area. If you still have aggro and the mob that has rooted you is dead, I think it should still stick. But as soon as you no longer have aggro, and the mob is dead, I think it should be terminated.

So over all I agree that roots need an overhaul

yeah ok.. i get rooted by an agent for 1:30 .... and you want to make it harder to get out of?
    whatever.

Originally posted by Iceman109
    yeah ok.. i get rooted by an agent for 1:30 .... and you want to make it harder to get out of?
    whatever.
    You people.... Thats the way it should be, but if you were smart you would know of a way to get out of it instantly.... Thats what we want changed....

Originally posted by Iceman109
    whatever.
    So? Did he do any dmg to you in that time period? Obviously not cause one of you would be dead in 1.5 min. If dmg is done to you, the root breaks to easy.
    NT phone HOME!!

bs

roots are way to powerful as it is.

nukes do not break roots how many times do you have to see this.

For agent its different.

Dam you guys can never get enough can you,
    you get more and more but you ***** more and more.

YOU ALL ARE THE REASON THE GAME IS IN THE SHAPE IT IS IN NOW.

JUST A BUNCH OF CRY BABYS

TRY BEING A MA ONCE

Buy a low level debuff from the general vendor. Cast debuff on yourself when rooted. See what happens next (most of the time).
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Self ran hostile nanos can break roots, true, but as a ma you are wasting precious nano-pool on each one of em and they don't work 100% only about 60% of the time. PLENTY of time for you to get a nuke off between each root.

I tried to duel a 60 NT today with my lvl 50 MA, I kept getting rooted, I kept breaking the root, and getting re-rooted again. She pretty much kept me at bay and then ran off, she didn't want to fight I guess, but she could have got off a nice nuke between 2 of the 5 roots and I only got 1 brawl in.

ROOTS are just fine.

Also, roots rock on soldiers, just wait till they blow their MK then root em and walk out of range. wait 20-60 seconds depending on your target and NUKE their ass. They can't break roots after MK is up for 2 min.

Well, my main complaint about roots is that they break to easy with the use of exploits. I dont think it would be right to boost roots at all before these exploits are removed, so imo let roots stay as they are, but fix the root breaking exploits.
    NT phone HOME!!

Hey

What if an nt's root insted of just holding you in place . Lifted you 35m in the air and held ya there.. LoL

Opps root broke.. fall dmg as well..LoL

Could be exploited i guess.. but still funny to see

Roots are badass, but I fear them from traders more than anything. Other classes aren't TOO bad. Here's why:

Fought a trader last night, he chain rooted me, and I mongoed once. Got him to about 25% health, but of course, he took my health and healed himself, and then took the rest of my nano and I couldn't break roots anymore.

Then he sat comfortably away and tore into me with 1k shottie crits, because I had been comfortably debuffed by then too.

Shudder.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

The thing is, that even with one's ability to break roots with any hostile nano you run on yourself, you can cast another root instantly, and it takes at least a second or two to run any hostile nano on yourself. So you can always ROOT faster than someone can BREAK roots. So if you want to get away, you can always do that with roots, and if you want to root and nuke, you may have to cast roots more than 1 time, maybe 6 or 7 times for a kill.

Personally, my PVP MA has problems fighting some rooting classes. I can take most NTs in my level range, but enforcers 10 levels higher than me are a 50/50, and well built traders my level are a challenge. Soldiers don't scare me at all, I can take any one of em in my level range.

Soldiers are your anti-class, NTs, they have some range, and your roots can be broken if they are smart enough not to MK when fighting you. That's why you really want your roots beefed up. You also have to worry about docs and traders, and who doesn't?

Just because Traders can rock me I don't complain about their shotguns that someone wrangles em into and they can finally equip after then ransacking someone else. I don't complain about their de-buffs being to powerful, or about their roots, though when I have ran from traders I have never got away.

I've never had a root break on me from being nuked, only high damage projectile/energy or melee hits.

I don't see how you could make them "stickier" without really creating a huge disadvantage for close combat classes.

Anyway, a lot of the plight of the NTs ATM is their own creation. NTs were the biggest lobby to nurf high damage classes in PVP. You guys got the MK nurfed, then got burst nurfed twice and FA nurfed once, and when they nurfed burst for the third time everyone was SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER (this was the "accidental" nurf after 12.6, maybe it was 12.8 or something) they had no other choice but to set it back so gun classes could still PVM greens at level 50. And from those complaints the current divergent PVP combat system was born with damage caps and unilaterally reduced damage.

Personally, I'd like funcom to make some level 100+ characters of their own, and try some PVP themselves, then balance the game the way they think makes the most sense. Most players here just strive to unbalance the game for their class, but even if you manage to pull it off, you will lose it again in another patch after everyone complains, and chances are you will lose even MORE ground for your class.
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Jan 23rd, 2002 at 19:30:44.

Originally posted by Arterous
    Well, I think they need to make roots stick on PvP and also at the same time SHORTEN the time on the mob roots that we get in missions... There is NO need to stay rooted after you have cleared aggro from an area. If you still have aggro and the mob that has rooted you is dead, I think it should still stick. But as soon as you no longer have aggro, and the mob is dead, I think it should be terminated.

So over all I agree that roots need an overhaul
    It comes down to risk vs reward, ROOTS STICK. You root me and take off, I am there man, full duration. If you shoot me then you are working to kill me, and if roots didnt break there would be NO RISK and some kind of title points "reward".

Roots are instacast, you can recast them.

Only thing about roots that needs to be fixed are the exploits to break roots, which I am sure they all know about.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Garzu

So? Did he do any dmg to you in that time period? Obviously not cause one of you would be dead in 1.5 min. If dmg is done to you, the root breaks to easy.
    sorry garzu, like what you say a lot of the time, but if your doing damage that root should break man, no immunity. Try rolling a melee class and see how helpless you feel with the current rules, even worse with what you are talking about. Agent, NT, crat, trader, fixer all have roots. Melee classes could not COULD NOT fight any of these classes if roots didnt break when they take damage.

I do agree that the exploit should be removed. (break root exploit I mean)

ROFLOL

VNine - Is this legitimate or a bug or in short words, exploit? :P

Also this is unfair for melee classes, we have to get hurt and waste quite a bit of nano to break roots.
    Hey only a little but still

OMG...without that so called exploit MA's don't even get a swing in. I'm sorry but even when I CAN hit my opponent I lose most of the time. (99%) Now you want me to just stand there and take it up the ass while I get shot and nuked? I think anyone who wants that can just bite me. Yeah Yaz we better get rid of that exploit right away! Let's also get rid of the beam/flurry max speed exploit too while we're at it, hmm? Yeah so those advocating we MA's get stuck and have to wait for the damn thing to break (when it's instacast anyway) can go piss up a flagpole.

Yes, by definition, it is an exploit. Just trying to spread some love to the rootees from us rooters.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

^^

That's what I'm saying. The only way I could see roots made better is if MAs and ADVs got root breaker lines of nanos too like the enforecers have.

Give MAs, Enforcers and ADVs an insta-cast root breaker line and I'd be all for it. =]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast