Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clan Terrorists - attack on a Neutral Outpost

Post on a side note....

Recently in the press there was an article in the Voice of Freedom that is a prefect example of how wild rumors are often mistaken for truth. As the article concerns us directly, Elite Operations has issued a statement for the record. I have sent this response to the Voice of Freedom, though there is no promise that they will publish it.
    Last edited by Lady Kali; Dec 13th, 2002 at 20:23:44.

How about this.....when (if) I see a future report on a neutral guild making an attack anywhere, who would you have me contact? Perhaps more open comunication amongst the factions will aleviate some of these issues.

Also, EO...if you bill yourselves as "mercs" and have been hired by Omni...you shouldn't be shocked to find the Clans wanting to wipe you out. Conversly, if the Clans hired YOU to take an Omni target, I would expect that Omni would try to crush you.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Vix: I can understand it on a personal level, but mercs are there for the money, not the personal ideals. This may disalude some on either or both sides, but I would think that is to be expected in that line of work.

For me, as long as the people there are an honorable people, which I believe them to be, then I am fine with them. The "jobs" they take will not influence my opinion. Now, if they are attacking people I am friends with, I may ask for an explanation, and I may even be saddened, but to be forced to choose in that manner is a situation I don't wish on anyone.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    How about this.....when (if) I see a future report on a neutral guild making an attack anywhere, who would you have me contact? Perhaps more open comunication amongst the factions will aleviate some of these issues.
    the leader of that guild. unlike clan/omni, there arn't that many neut guilds with influence to deal with. Yarko, DrTiny, and Sumokan also make nice contacts, but they only hold responsablity for their own guilds.

Originally posted by Vixentrox

Also, EO...if you bill yourselves as "mercs" and have been hired by Omni...you shouldn't be shocked to find the Clans wanting to wipe you out. Conversly, if the Clans hired YOU to take an Omni target, I would expect that Omni would try to crush you.
    true, but a lot of the anger towards us is unfounded and based on false rumors rather than fact. all we ask is that everyone out there gets the story straight. were not "shocked" that we have enemys. we've even been shuned by those in the neut community because we don't always like to follow in their footy steps and blend in with the rest of the neut community (example, the *neutral* prefix added on to many neut org names as of late).

were ARE upset that there are those who would use these false rumors to encourage undeserved hostilitys. the very idea that we have attacked other factions mines without having doing so is vastly upseting. as im sure it would be to you too if this was the case.

Yes...I don't like being duped anymore than anyone else. Sometime you have to go with the information that is available. At least I am HERE trying to get the answers. That is a start and more then you will get from most other leaders be they Clan, Omni, or Idependent.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I would ask that you contact the guild's leader if you hear anything. If you are a witness to unprovoked neutral agression take screenshots if you can and log any appropriate chat channels to back your complaint so that the situation doesn't come down to a "he said/she said" situation, those are VERY hard to judge. If the guild leader is not available, attempt to contact the next person down on the guild heirarchy, so on and so forth.

I think I mentioned that due to the nature of mercenary work we do not exect to be in everyones good graces. If someone is angered because we take a job that's fine. But if they invent slander to try and sway those who would otherwise have no problem with us, we won't stand for it.

Talking

LOL! I didnt see Shaq's post and we seem to have the same points.

I would like to thank you for keeping and open mind, Vix. Its comforting in these trying times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12