Thread: Request: Soldiers should get First Aid dark green

Request: Soldiers should get First Aid dark green

Hey that's easy to implement. It would give us soldier slightly better healing ability. And no soldier should whine about that topic again. Right? Wrong? I don't know, ...

At least i could heal up myself a bit better with 'nano shutdown' running. I think that would be fair.

there's a number of skills that make no sense as the color they are on soldiers.

Run speed: should be light, we march a lot donchaknow .

First aid: what soldier doesn't know first aid?

Nano resist: nano related, but STILL a combat skill.

Aimed shot: soldiers arn't allowed to be good snipers?

Grenade: Guess we weren't issued grenades in boot camp.

ect ect. The list goes on. Sometimes I wonder if the guy who helped design the soldier proff was a little too timid about stating what soldiers needed.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Give me a break. The reason soldiers don't have or need this crap is because they already have borderline too powerful weaponry (ranged isn't supposed to do more damage than melee, yet soldiers consistanly do so) and their defensive nanos are almost insanely powerful.

Run Speed? Yeah, if you weren't wearing that refrigerator called tank armor around your neck, you'd probably run really... slow. Soldiers are like most people when it comes to speed, considering to become a soldier, you have to be like most people, able to point a gun and pull a trigger.

And what good soldier doesn't know first aid? If you're refering to current standards, a LOT of grunts don't. They take a little test on first aid I'm sure, then quickly forget about that when guns are passed around. A footsoldier's medical knowledge is limited to stopping bloodflow and maybe if you're lucky keeping the limb that's bleeding.

Nano resist? Right, I'm sure the average grunt is made of unshakable mental acuity, which is why most soldiers carry around guns the size of a compact car. NEXT!

Why can't you be snipers? Because Agents are snipers, duh!

And lastly, grenades. Yeah, you should be able to use grenades, any reason FC says you can't is just dumb. Maybe it's because grenades are supposedly an engineer's big skill. It's stupid, but engineers can buff the grenade skill 140 points (at insanely high level if you raised a solid blue nanoskill). Just go try those awesome 'grenades' they sell in shops first. You'll find that having an atrox pass gas in the direction of your enemies does more damage and is doubly good for a laugh from all your soldier buddies.
    Last edited by Ayvalen; Dec 13th, 2002 at 06:43:09.

First off im a Soldier in RL well im in the military girls don't really go to combat, but we support

Originally posted by Sredni

Yup, we have a thing calleda PFT (pysical Fitness test) We have to run 3 miles, hehe i have a 19:30 min run time

We have a Field kit, we need to know how to apply a turniquet and other stuff. 4 Life saving steps

Umm WTF?

Hehe im a expert on the rifle range, maybe ill join recon and be a sniper too bad no combat for me

We wern't issued gernades! and it wasn't boot camp

MCT (marine combat training) and SOI (school of ifantry)
    We did the gernade course yup throw real gernades but with fire crackers in them, and at the end of the day w00t threw the one that make my booty shake

hehe ok Just thought i would put my input

soldiers are tanks, they SHOULD do a lot of dam. and i don't see why melee dam should be higher than ranged anyway, except to counteract the slight advantage of being able to attack from a distance (even though melee actually has a range of something like 4 or 5 meters and soldier weapons dont usually have particularly high range for a ranged weopon.) and yes, like enforcers, they should have to count on docs to do their healing for them. i would say that the soldier is fine like he is.

Melee damage should be higher than gun damage because of a simple reason:

I can shoot a hole in you, and you might live.
    I can hack you in half with a katana, and you probably wont live.

Of course, the major advantage soldiers have is that they don't have to run up right next to someone to shoot them, giving them quite a large benifit when people are rooting, casting run debuffs, etc.

"Nano resist: nano related, but STILL a combat skill"

I think Soldiers need some weaknesses as well, but I do understand that if you are playing one you want him to be untouchable.

Your implications here would apply to every single profession.

Originally posted by Ayvalen
    [B]Give me a break. The reason soldiers don't have or need this crap is because they already have borderline too powerful weaponry (ranged isn't supposed to do more damage than melee, yet soldiers consistanly do so) and their defensive nanos are almost insanely powerful.
    Huh? About which weapon(s) do you talk?

And what good soldier doesn't know first aid? If you're refering to current standards, a LOT of grunts don't. They take a little test on first aid I'm sure, then quickly forget about that when guns are passed around. A footsoldier's medical knowledge is limited to stopping bloodflow and maybe if you're lucky keeping the limb that's bleeding.
    Well what do you know about the soldier training on rubika? Is there any material you can show me that proves your 'theory' right?

What does it matter how soldiers ar in RL for this game? Or do soldiers have a TMS in RL too?

Haha funny. How could a commons word do more damage that a high tech energy cannon?

BZZT! Thanks for playing.
    This is a game. Check reality at the door.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Your poor logic can be applied to Rubi-Ka melee weapons as well.

Sure, an energy cannon probably does more damage than a glock. Then again, there's not many claws that spray burning chemical acid into your wound as they cut with a monomolecular blade in reality either.

As for weapons? Gee... I dunno. I only played a soldier to level 79 before I got bored with the profession. Really, I don't need to know the exact gun. I just hear soldiers gloating over their 10k shots and other frequent massive amounts damage in-game. It seems only on the forums can you find soldiers than don't do ridiculous amounts of damage, as they seem quite happy informing while in a mission every single time they annihilate something.

If you still don't get why melee is supposed to do more damage than ranged, just accept that it's a game mechanic. You get the benefit of range at the cost of damage. Melee gets the benefit of damage at the cost of range.

And the argument that, "who's to say how well soldiers will be trained in the future" is just so open to, "because I said so!" but I won't go there. Rather who's to say how well they aren't trained. It's a pointless argument. Is the glass half full or half empty?

Finally, please check your lame, "I'm a soldier and I should be an invincible damage dealing god because this game is about a war and soldiers are UBER at WAR!" attitude at the door. If you're asking FunCom to completely abandon reality, then in addition to all these wonderfully cracked out ideas for where to take the soldier profession, everyone should also be able to slow time down and go in to bullet-speed like in the Matrix, so soldiers have the most powerful guns ever but can't hit anyone with them.
    Last edited by Ayvalen; Dec 13th, 2002 at 23:21:38.

lol, man the soldier hate! I love it . It's for this reason that I don't particularly care when anyone else gets nerfed.

MA's have been nerfed out of pvp: I don't give a rats ass, they helped to nerf my FA and Burst and Init, and Mirror.

NT's got their range nerfed: I don't give a rats ass, they helped to nerf my FA and Burst and Init, and Mirror.

Traders got their heals nerfed: I don't give a rats ass, they helped to nerf my FA and Burst and Init, and Mirror.

ect ect. And when the next proff gets nerfed I'll just shrug and say "I care about this because?"
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

there's a number of skills that make no sense as the color they are on soldiers.

ect ect. The list goes on. Sometimes I wonder if the guy who helped design the soldier proff was a little too timid about stating what soldiers needed.
    All of that might be true, but in and of itself it isn't a compelling reason to change the class. Tha main reason for changes should always be to maintain play balance, not to make the class conform to some arbitrary standard of "logic". As someone has already pointed out, sniping is an agent specialty and grenades appear to be mainly for engineers. Soldiers are plenty powerful enough without having more goodies thrown at them.

Your poor logic can be applied to Rubi-Ka melee weapons as well.

Sure, an energy cannon probably does more damage than a glock. Then again, there's not many claws that spray burning chemical acid into your wound as they cut with a monomolecular blade in reality either.

As for weapons? Gee... I dunno. I only played a soldier to level 79 before I got bored with the profession. Really, I don't need to know the exact gun. I just hear soldiers gloating over their 10k shots and other frequent massive amounts damage in-game. It seems only on the forums can you find soldiers than don't do ridiculous amounts of damage, as they seem quite happy informing while in a mission every single time they annihilate something.

If you still don't get why melee is supposed to do more damage than ranged, just accept that it's a game mechanic. You get the benefit of range at the cost of damage. Melee gets the benefit of damage at the cost of range.

And the argument that, "who's to say how well soldiers will be trained in the future" is just so open to, "because I said so!" but I won't go there. Rather who's to say how well they aren't trained. It's a pointless argument. Is the glass half full or half empty?
    Hey, YOU startet with this, "a melee weapon is better because it slices through anything nonsense".

Finally, please check your lame, "I'm a soldier and I should be an invincible damage dealing god because this game is about a war and soldiers are UBER at WAR!" attitude at the door. If you're asking FunCom to completely abandon reality, then in addition to all these wonderfully cracked out ideas for where to take the soldier profession, everyone should also be able to slow time down and go in to bullet-speed like in the Matrix, so soldiers have the most powerful guns ever but can't hit anyone with them.
    Do you see the topic of this thread? It's a suggestion to FC that i would find it good if soldiers would get first aid green. So what do you talk about mate?

Soldiers run arround doing 10k damage? Yes in lvl 200 with a Flashpoint QL200 Full Auto shot, but after that shot you must reload and then switch weapons. And forget about this in pvp, because of the 40% damage cap. Furthermore if alpha shields are 'in the game' you can forget this damage completly.

Of course, the major advantage soldiers have is that they don't have to run up right next to someone to shoot them, giving them quite a large benifit when people are rooting, casting run debuffs, etc.

Hehe i really want to show you some pics from "operation Enduring Freedom"

Pretty cool what a Marine and his 50 cal do to a taliban

**Rated R**
    due to extreme graphics

Im talken these pics should be on rotten.com

It's stupid, but engineers can buff the grenade skill 140 points (at insanely high level if you raised a solid blue nanoskill). Just go try those awesome 'grenades' they sell in shops first. You'll find that having an atrox pass gas in the direction of your enemies does more damage and is doubly good for a laugh from all your soldier buddies.
    Hehehe it's 120 and yeah thats about right. Grenades are slow and most don't do crap for damage. In this game they were designed as a support weapon not an assault weapon. If a sol wants to hault up a OT 12 and plink away FEEL FREE! As your div 9 looks so much better. Hell get a hellspinner.

Soldiers run arround doing 10k damage? Yes in lvl 200 with a Flashpoint QL200 Full Auto shot, but after that shot you must reload and then switch weapons.
    Er nope. Thats with a Div 9 at lvl 135 or with a hellspinner at 175 or a supernova or a blackhole. Your damage is more based off of your attack rating as are your special attacks. If you have am AR of 400 no chance of a 10k. An AR of 800-900 Sure on a FA. Depends on how many bullets hit.

As for Mr "I dont care who else gets nerfed" You might want to. As it tends to show what you get next. As for your FA nerf pfft. The reason it got nerfed was because people were hitting for 50k off of high load weapons. I know you really want that back and all but would you like the agent 35k aimed shot back too? I wasn't a big fan of missing my head before I zoned, how bout you?
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

hey guess what! any soldier should kick my ass in pvp

stfu whiners

fix pathing
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

Originally posted by Sexidoc
    Pretty cool what a Marine and his 50 cal do to a taliban
    Pretty cool?

Not when that person is a friend or family member, Sexidoc. I knew people who died because they were unlucky enough to be totally uneducated and didn't understand what was happening. I'm not certain thats cool.

Seriously - Sexidoc I've got much respect for you, but if you don't understand why I'm shaking with anger right now then you're just as uneducated as they were.

Think you're torn-up corpse would look cool?

Thank christ you'll never see combat - those pictures may be funny when you see them on the other side of the world, but when its people you knew lying in the road its a whole lot different, isn't it? You know it is. Those people died because of how it feels when it's your people in pictures like that.

Images like that stay in your mind forever - you never forget them. They never leave.

Have a little respect.

{off topic so I appologise, but some things need to be said}
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

*hugs Servivious*, I know kind of how you feel, though about a slightly different topic.

Also just to point out guns do do more damage and kill more people than melee weapons (throughout history). Bullets from high powered weapons will pass straight throught the human body, and quite often kill people from shock. You would need ALOT of strength to cut someone in half with a sword, a common prblem with swords when they where used was getting them stuck in the person you are attackings body. Also more people used to survive battles (though horribly mutilated) in the middle ages than they do now.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

I only quickly skimmed over this thread, but when I did this caught my eye....

I only played a soldier to level 79...
    Then you hardly know the profession, and therefore have little right to speak on it.