Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BUMP to move TIR GRID

People will still congregate at the grid terminal, and that area will still be a lag pit of despair, not solving a damn thing.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

First of all simply moving the grid exit a few meters south DIDNT solve Anything! the area around the grid Will remain laggy.
    I personally liked the idea of removing all the mission terms/banks and whatnot at the south gate. and maybe move the grid to the opposite side of the s-gate where the reclaim is. If not, people will probably congregate at the west gate terms. but if you move the grid to other side, people are too lazy to run all the way to west gate terms. doing all of this will give the same effect as in newland city. whereas the grid has always been outside yet everyone congregates inside the city instead of at the grid!

PLEASE take this idea into consideration
    Nausferatu Lvl 200 Soldier RK1 Storm

Gee, and I thought they moved the grid for story line...

btw, i never had any major lag problems where the tir grid used to be...
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

It's funny, I never had a problem around the old Tir grid.

Now, for two nights in a row (one with the exit next to the grid, and one with the new one further south) the char has just locked up and I've been unable to log in before the next morning.

I never had this problem untill it was moved to south gate?

Nick Pheromon Washer

Well, I've had more problems with the lag when the Grid was inside Tir. Now that it is outside, I can actually use it.

Originally posted by Znore
    done. Will be moved in next patch.

-Z
    Hope you move it to the old spot and move the exit drop point far far from the terminal itself.

Use the MMD grid as an example. Drop in over here, exit out over -----------------------------> there.

The lag is caused by the ppl that drop in from the grid and being right next to the grid term, causing a great spot for trade and commerce, but terrible for lag.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Originally posted by Cyblade7
    Hope you move it to the old spot and move the exit drop point far far from the terminal itself.

Use the MMD grid as an example. Drop in over here, exit out over -----------------------------> there.

The lag is caused by the ppl that drop in from the grid and being right next to the grid term, causing a great spot for trade and commerce, but terrible for lag.
    They already moved the grid exit behind some rocks south of the grid area. It may have fixed zoning-in-via-the-grid problems, but there are still major lag issues and I still have a hard LD requiring GM intervention every time I try to leave the south gate, as do others.

MMD isn't a very good example because the amount of people who hang out there isn't near the number who are around Tir grid all the time.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Originally posted by Evilspork
    LOL
    - Bershmifty (215 (+15) Solitus Fixer)
    - Antigravity (207 (+7) Opifex Martial Artist)
    - Saltys (200 MP Nanogimp)

/me throws a brick at Bershy
    Hi.

Bah, let the clanners lag in their dirty city!

NYA!
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12