Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUMP to move TIR GRID

BUMP to move TIR GRID

Bump if you are ok to move Tir grid elsewhere
    (somewhere when you can zone in and out without loose your char for hours due to chain crash)

I useally dont bump anything, but..

They moved grid to get it away from the laggy mob of people. They moved it to a hunting-area with mission terminals.. it simply makes sense that it would create even more lag.

Now everyone gathers there to get team, missions and buffs. People that grid to Tir these days have to grid into a cluster of people, lag their way through it all until they reach the actual zone into Tir itself and that's not what we want.. so..

(tip to FC: u have to place the grid at a point where noone would stand for no other reason than to grid. There cant be any terminals of any kind next to it)

*reloads shotgun*

click* - click*

/s Evade THIS!

*!BUMP!*

*bump*

Anyone noticed how dead Tir is now that they moved the grid outside?

Tir grid was laggy, but at least you could go into by5, and the zone in and out was much less then it is now at the South Gate.

Unfortunately moving the grid is not going to solve the lag problem. Doesn't help in BS (worst loc for a grid of all time, gee let's put it on the end of a dock so that people will move when there still laggin and end up stuck swimming in the water.)

I say bump for FC fixing the game in order to handle the mass amounts of people that play this game instead of just moving the zone entrances/exits around. This just moves the lag around.

end ramble

done. Will be moved in next patch.

-Z

w00t!

Do we get to find out where yet
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

well

they did the same to omi trade...now everyone gathers at statue for trades/teams/buffs..its awful
    it use to be team only

Woot! Thanks for noticing
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Don't just move it! Put two grid enterances in tir, a high level one for the highbies to congregate around, and a low lvl one for the lowbies. Seperate em in different corners of tir and that would be about as good a setup as we could hope for.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

ld

Im happy with whatever, all i wanna is not go ld anymore if i need to use the grid

Low levels are gathering in Fair Trade and not outside South Gate (well mostly) But I agree with the two Grids. What you need to do is have grid away from mission terms and shops, something like it is in Newland. BS grid should be moved or perhaps make the path wider, always someone who run at full speed after they see BS and end up in the water.

The problem is how the players think, we want to have it most easy in everything (of course) so the devs need to find a solution and place the grid someplace that makes player gather a different place, then run for the grid.

Camping the mission term 10m from the grid is most ideal of course. But more lag (ie more players like the old Tir location). We, the playerbase, has alot of nice ideas (and more silly ones heh) but we should perhaps see more clearly where the grid should be placed? Make suggestions, the devs are reading the boards (they must, its the nr 1 place for ingame conflicts and solutions). What if the grid was outside southgate only, and no mission terminals?
    "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
    Member of the Dragon's Claw - Mercury Dragons

Beach - ".... this is a hospital.... observe silence.... "

Thumbs up

Great decision Mr DEV
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

r0x
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Znore

-Z
    Thank You!!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

They're actually moving it to the west gate...

But really, this is good. The old Tir grid was kinda bad, but not horrible in my opinion. Now I never go to Tir unless I'm whompaing through or I really need a buff and can't find it anywhere else. Same thing for NLC, I rarely go there because the grid point is outside the city. Remember, an external grid terminal generally means two extra zone crossings for players. Players don't like zoning.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Znore

-Z

/hugglez

Gonna go reinstall AO! My lifeblood has been returned

~Chris

Easier fix maybe: Just make the grid exit far from the grid terminal.
    Sabar, the GA wearing Atrox.Yes, the rumors are true
    -
    Bring back the save password!

Re: I useally dont bump anything, but..

Originally posted by Wrangeline
    They moved grid to get it away from the laggy mob of people. They moved it to a hunting-area with mission terminals.. it simply makes sense that it would create even more lag.

Now everyone gathers there to get team, missions and buffs. People that grid to Tir these days have to grid into a cluster of people, lag their way through it all until they reach the actual zone into Tir itself and that's not what we want.. so..

(tip to FC: u have to place the grid at a point where noone would stand for no other reason than to grid. There cant be any terminals of any kind next to it)

*reloads shotgun*

click* - click*

/s Evade THIS!

*!BUMP!*
    *cough*
    Join Omni-Tek
    *cough*
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Question There is a simple solution to reduce half of the lag

Why not to place the exit spot elsewhere than at the grid terminal ? i always thought stupid to have the terminal at the same place.

Look at Meetmedere, the terminal is not where you appear when you exit the grid...

Just an idea, no matter where you'll place the new terminal.
    People gathering are not the ones who want to take the grid, but people who exit from it.

So, place the grid terminal in the old tir grid or where you want, but keep the exit spot outside of Tir.

Am i wrong ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast