Thread: I understand why healing/buffing is now restricted...........but...........

I understand why healing/buffing is now restricted...........but...........

I'm lvl197. When I deploy my ql75 Service tower, I can't even buff my own pet now LOL. This is probably a minor issue, yes.......but quite annoying. I'm wondering if it's affecting Pet classes using Mochies pets? As it is now, I can't buff my Service tower pet because it's too low..........is the same true for pets that are too high?
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Yes , u cant Buff Anything outside the PvP range. Engies cant buff mochie bots , same with Crats and now the towers... but im curious if ur tower can attack :P

This is what happens when code changes aren't tested before being put on live.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Thumbs down Patch for Tower Exploit

It's great that Funcom came out with a patch for the booster pack to stop the exploit that clanners were using to attack Omni towers (using high level players healing/buffing low level players.) I feel kind of ripped off though with towers that my guild built that were taken down with these methods.

I bought a game that had to be patched to do what it was supposed to do in the very begninning. We were told that NW was supposed to offer towering with bonuses to the actual towers to stop the destruction and to stop high level players from dominating those towers.

Now that everyone has used the exploit to gain control of orginal land owners land payback is not an option and those who exploited the game are now able to use the patch to make sure the towers they cheated the game to get will now save them from having others use the same tactics.

What a joke that we have to lose because of bad programming.

Yes the pets and towers are seriously borked up.

The other way around it we found was to just team up with them so you can buff them up. Zero restrictions then other then the (A member of your team is either too high or too low for you to attack) So it's buff em up, kick em out and go back to it
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

It's great that Funcom came out with a patch for the booster pack to stop the exploit that clanners were using to attack Omni towers (using high level players healing/buffing low level players.) I feel kind of ripped off though with towers that my guild built that were taken down with these methods.
    Well it's not only clanners who did that... Good that it's solved but it definetly isn't exploit. If it we're everytime some high lv player buffs some1 it would be exploiting... and all does that.

And well, fix wasnt that good...

Thumbs down RAWR bump for this post!

hehe, can't believe this went live, but oh well. Had the same thing happen to me while running to a mission in a land control area. Caught an agro, stuck pet on mob (which was red but killable), went to heal pet and got the *HAHA j00 are teh suq and can't heal yer pet* message :/ I really really hope this isn't intentional.

Re: I understand why healing/buffing is now restricted...........but...........

Originally posted by Nealandbob
    I'm lvl197. When I deploy my ql75 Service tower, I can't even buff my own pet now LOL. This is probably a minor issue, yes.......
    this isn't a minor issue since it DOES effect pets way over your level.... poor engineers, metas and crats...

Players find out how to exploit, and they try to fix it as fast as possible (fc). Players find that something did not work as intended after the patch. Repeat...
    "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
    Member of the Dragon's Claw - Mercury Dragons

Beach - ".... this is a hospital.... observe silence.... "

See if I get this straight.
    You can only buff inside pvp range and that's it right?
    The idea is a good one but I think they should have said team range instead. PvP range is too narrow. I would also have made it an "in fight" restriction. As it is now I can't even cast a general buff on a lowbie.

And I hope that Vyker is right.. as if I can't heal my own teammates (that's within my teamrange) I'm going to be seriously p....angry.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Re: Re: I understand why healing/buffing is now restricted...........but...........

Originally posted by Krabbus
    this isn't a minor issue since it DOES effect pets way over your level.... poor engineers, metas and crats...
    Sorry, I meant a minor issue for ME.............I'm not a Pet class, but was just trying to buff my Service tower pet. The repercussions for Pet classes is definitely NOT minor. Sorry if I wasn't clear
    Finally back from Iraq

Yeah, guildmate had to run outside of the huge LC area to buff his pet... and he couldnt heal it while in the LC area.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Oh well, what do you expect from funcom their vision rarely extends pass their nose, they are like the 5 year old "know it all" that you can't convience of anything until they fall on their face. poor way to run a company but its theirs to run into the ground.

A proper test server like they used for NW would help greatly but as it is now when you log into test it might as well say welcome to RK4, because they certainly don't want to make it easy for you to test a thing there.

~aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Dec 13th, 2002 at 16:47:59.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Re: Re: Re: I understand why healing/buffing is now restricted...........but...........

Originally posted by Nealandbob
    Sorry, I meant a minor issue for ME.............I'm not a Pet class, but was just trying to buff my Service tower pet. The repercussions for Pet classes is definitely NOT minor. Sorry if I wasn't clear
    sorry, but the message was for Funcom

I think it's pretty dumb to rush with patches like this, and petusers can't even heal, buff their pet if they are way over there level... hahaha... Remeber that level 125 Engineers can use non-OE level 200 Slayer...

I guess in the next patch will users using pets way over the teamrange not recieve experience at all... this will be fun

I agree that the pet classes should receive a remedy, but I am very happy that the healing has come to an end.

LOL to the idiot that posted it was only clanners using that tactic. Our launch against Nealandbob's 50-75 low level base was thwarted by 130 doctors. Too high to do anything about, but too low for our mains to kill.

Bleh!

Originally posted by Nen Nen
    I agree that the pet classes should receive a remedy, but I am very happy that the healing has come to an end.

LOL to the idiot that posted it was only clanners using that tactic. Our launch against Nealandbob's 50-75 low level base was thwarted by 130 doctors. Too high to do anything about, but too low for our mains to kill.

Bleh!
    That wasn't *my* base, Nen.........that was Elite Operatoins' (or Elite Academy?)base, and I was there to help my fellow Neutrals defend. And you'll notice I refused to fight back when you killed me........because I've known you FOREVER and like ya And also because it didn't seem to be a serious takeover attempt. Had the base been in actual jeapordy, I would've had to go down swinging. I and my guild are non-aggressive to a fault, but we DO help other Neutrals defend their bases.

I've only misused the buffing of lower-levels once, that was at MY guild's 50-75 base in VW.......I'm sorry to say that I chain-Layered a Guildie who was defending(where I was too high). That only happened once though, usually I'm just there standing around *looking* mean, without being able to *do* anything LOL.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.............
    Finally back from Iraq

was the same on beta, and FC was told about it. Now i gotta run outside the 25%/5% to buff my pet.
    "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."

-==Oscar Levant==-

Funcom was made well aware of the possible problems that the 'pulled-out-of-their-magic-A**' solition would create. At first the posts were reasonable, then they became bitter, then bitter and pleading at the same time.

Bottom line is: It's here and it's live. The prevailing attitude is that the lower level players have to be baby-sat while the higher level players should be able to take care of themselves. This would be correct, other than the fact that higher level players keep getting the royal rod from funcom every time we turn around

Still, we make do, don't we? We analyze. We figure the loopholes where we can still function, and we adapt and overcome. As Jayde mentioned, when something is exploitable, the exploit becomes the rule. Welcome to Big-Brother Online. Hardly-Anarchy Online. Now we have to enter elaborate teaming-rituals just to buff our own bots and guild-mates. In the words of Angelic Panties the most pathetic ninja-looter of all time: "Yay!"

Watch your mouth idiot

Originally posted by Nen Nen

Bleh!

Your momma should slap your behind. Wipe those wet ears of yours Nen Nen.

Where in my sentence did I exactly say it was only clanners.
    I was describing my story you twit.
    Last edited by Turu; Dec 17th, 2002 at 00:20:58.

Oh well, what do you expect from funcom their vision rarely extends pass their nose, they are like the 5 year old "know it all" that you can't convience of anything until they fall on their face. poor way to run a company but its theirs to run into the ground.
    Welcome to the wonderful age of "dot com" companies

/rant