Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC: A Public Plea to Funcom - Re: Baboon's Night Club

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    As someone who's worn out the Bab's couches several times in the past, I'll throw my support here.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

If roleplaying don't do it for you, also think of the poor fixers that need to get there for their quest. I'm sure if you ask joe fixer running to the dancing fool on a time limit, he'd love a fix.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

I'll never forget the day when I walked into Baboons for the first time. I was young and nieve. I didn't know the challenges of working in the entertainment business.. but something... something was telling me that this was the right place to be.

I had just turned 21. Dr. Meyer at Omni-Med said that it was time I went out and got a job. I had never explored what Omni-Tek had to offer. As a young citizen, I spent my days at the lab, helping Dr. Martin and Dr. Meyer. They had extracted me from my mother after she died in Tiir.. and raised me in a test tube. I was their child.

Dr. Meyer handed me a backpack.

"A few things you may need. I really think this is good for you Aktrez. We have kept you couped up in here for far too long. I see it in your eyes that you want to get out. Go find who you want to be!"

With a tear running down my cheek I kissed Dr. Meyer on the cheek.

"Tell Kevin I said goodbye. And tell him." I stopped to clear my throat. "Tell him I'm sorry."

"I will dear... I will make him understand." Dr. Meyer chuckled. "He's a tough one that Kevin Martin! Now.. go."

I hugged him again and turned away.

Dr. Martin and I had always had our differences in opinion. He was the driving force that had kept me at Omni-Med all these years. There was something in me that was dying to see the outside world.. to know what the war was about... to know what the world was about! I had heard stories from soldiers who came into the clinic to get wounds mended and souls cleaned. They told me stories of the clan, of the new items that they had found while cleaning out buildings, of clubs that they had been too.

The clubs interested me the most... What an interesting thing. A place for people to go and mingle.. to dance with others and have fun. I longed to see these places. So, I went against Dr. Martins best wishes.. and left Omni-Med to find my own identity.

I walked and walked.. taking in all the sites around me. There were so many questions forming in my head. I wished that Dr. Meyer had come with me. He could answer them for me.

I turned a corner and saw a giant cylindrical building. An enormous neon sign donned the entrance

ARENA

I heard the clang of steel, the sound of nanos being used... Grunts, groans, shouts, curses. I was too frightened to go any further toward the building... I turned my head and went in another direction.

I heard a low base sound coming from one of the alleys. It sounded like music playing. I headed in that direction. As I turned another corner in the maze that was Omni-Ent., I saw a colorful building with fog machienes welcoming visitors. Dance music pumped from the loudspeakers placed on the outside.

I looked up at the sign above the door

BABOONZ

"This must be a club!" I thought to myself.

I walked in through those giant doors and across the dance floor. I remember standing in the middle, closing my eyes.. and letting the DJ's beat invade my being. It all felt right. The smell, the sound, the light breeze that now and then blew my pigtails past my face from the air conditioning.

I noticed an area toward the back where there were seats. I saw a few people sitting around.. some girls dancing on a table. I walked back to this area to see what was happening.

A girl was standing behind the counter serving drinks to people who asked for one.

"Hey hon, what can I get ya?" She asked a man who stepped up to her.

"Whiskey please."

"You got it!" She said as she smoothly grabbed a bottle and threw it up in the air. She caught it behind her back.

The gentleman laughed and gave her the money. he then stuck 5 credits in a jar at the counter.

"Thanks Sat, you're the best."

She smiled at him and went back to cleaning off the bar.

I looked around. There were other girls dressed in lengerie and bathing suits dancing on the tables. All of them were wearing name tags that read ::Belle Rouge::. I had noticed the girl behind the counter wore the same tag. I walked up to one of the dancers.

"Excuse me miss, could you tell me what Belle Rouge is?" I asked her.

"Sure sweetie. Belle Rouge is our company. We work here at Baboonz."

"Work here?" I said, my heart jumping. I had always felt deep down inside that I had what it took to be a star... Maybe... maybe this would be my chance to show everyone what I could do.

"Yeah... talk to Satyrnine up there. She can help you out!"

I thanked the young lady and headed up to the bar.

"Hey honey.. what can I get you?" The bartender asked me.

"I would like to see if I could get a job here. I plan on being a star." I said very sure of myself.

The bartender smiled at me.. and giggled a bit.

"Well then! Why don't I let you talk to Rizzior. He's our recruiter. I think he needs to see you. "

We walked through another door into a back hallway where an opifex named Rizzior was standing. He was wearing a long black coat and dark glasses.

"Rizz, this young lady wishes to speak to you about a job. She says she plans on being a star." She winked at the Opifex and headed back to her duties.

"Hello there miss. My name is Rizzior. I do the recruiting for Belle Rouge. I'm gonna be brief. Show me what you got!"

My heart dropped. "Um... what do you mean sir?" I asked hesitantly.

"Dance.. I want to see your moves."

I dropped my backpack by the door and walked back over to wear Rizzior sat. I closed my eyes and let the music take over. I moved my body to the music and completely lost myself in the motion. It wasn't until I heard Rizzior clear his throat that I stopped. My heart pounded in my chest. I had never danced for anyone before.. I didn't know if I was good or not. I thought I was. Some of the soldiers had told me I was born to be a star. So..

"Hey, you're good kid! You're really good. Ok, you've got a job!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That is the day I started my long journey in the entertainment business. It is because of Baboonz nightclub that I am even still on Rubi-Ka. Baboonz and Belle Rouge gave me my first job and my first taste of this business. It is an enourmous part of who I have become today! Don't let baboonz Die!

<<OOC/ With the lag in this place, no one wants to be a part of the enjoyment Babs has to offer. Something needs to be done. If not.. it will just become a ghost town like so many other places in Rubi-Ka. Sure, it's great to have the crowd at Rompas.. but, it's not like it use to be! There was a time where our citizens had a choice in clubs and social scenes. Baboonz is our party spot.. and we need to be able to move to party!>>
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

Katrienae flies over Omni-Entertainment in a Yalm. Lights in the cockpit blink around her as she keeps one hand on the Kerans in her passenger's seat.

She was headed to Rompa's- have a couple drinks, hear the latest news of who was attacking who's towers.

Meanwhile-

MM exits Baboons with Doncarnage and Nevver. She holds the door open for Don, but before leaving the three begin to talk inaudibly.

With MM holding the door open, the faulty notum-enhanced suppression gas begins to waft out into the air. From there, the wind began spreading it all over the area.

Suddenly, a yalm came careening out of the sky, twisting and turning. The three looked up as the plane sparked and went into a tailspin. It finally smashed into the ground with an earsplitting KABANG and exploded. The twisted silver wreckage broke apart and flew in every which way, popping with flames, and then set to rest.

An OT Kerans flew from the mess in MM's general direction, who caught it. She pressed an ID button, and a hologram appeared in midair in the form of letters.

KATRIENAE SHELLING
    STATUS 41 OPIFEX FIXER

MM ran as fast as she could back into Babs, hoping the Fixer hadn't seen her holding the door open as Nevver and Don followed suit.

"Aww, crap...she's gonna kill me.."
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

bump
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

My friends offal larvas and I would appreciate to party more often in Baboons.

/bump for the Cause
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Lots of support here, thanks people. I'll be sending the letter out in a few different ways within the next few days. Oops, I made me rhyme.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Yes indeed!

Baboons was the first club I ever saw when I arrived on Rubi-Ka, and I was amazed, not only by the club itself, and the music, but by what it represented in the world: a meaningful effort to create social spots for people that break the rut of hunt/rest/hunt/sell/hunt. I fell in love with Rubi-Ka at that moment!

OOC - As some people know, I left AO for a few months because I started feeling like I was in a rut in the game -- not seeing old friends any more, just logging on out of habit more than anything else -- but you know what? I came back! This is the first MMORPG that I actually MISSED after I stopped playing! The thing that brought me back wasn't Notum Wars (although I did finally find a copy of that today, YAY!), it was the people and social outlets that are unique to the world that Funcom has created. I have run three missions in the time I have been back. The rest of the time, I have been hanging out with friends. New friends, old friends... roleplaying with friends for hours and hours!

I have a pretty good idea of how hard it is for the developers to fix things in the game, and I know that they have a constant barrage of people begging for them to fix this or that. Reading the message boards, it would be easily to believe that everything in the game is broken! ^_^; Still, I hope that FunCom will seriously consider looking into this issue, because the roleplaying community represents some of their most loyal and passionate customers. Powergamers will always jump to the Next Big Thing, because once they've levelled as high as they can, they feel that they have "won" the game and have nothing more to do. Role players, by contrast, come back again and again. Sure, we make a lot of our own fun, but having another great place to hang out sure would be a wonderful reward for the players who do more than any other group to help perpetuate the flavor of the world that FunCom created.

-Blackpetal

Cool Hey hey!

BLACKPETAL!!!

We Missed You!!!!

~*~ Huggles!!!~ *~

Welcome Back!!!!
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Talking Re: Hey hey!

Originally posted by Thyme
    BLACKPETAL!!!

We Missed You!!!!

~*~ Huggles!!!~ *~

Welcome Back!!!!
    I missed you guys too! Like I said, it's why I came back!!!

-Blackpetal

Angry More Support

What's the point in going into a Bar to spend Creds to get a Head-Ache- if the place GIVES you a head ache when you walk in?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12