Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!Another IPR Thread!!

!!Another IPR Thread!!

I was just wondering if we gonna get anything for Notum Wars because there has been a lot of change and CZ told that they will give IPR in major change and i was thinking that NW was a major change. Plus a lot of people need IPR because trends changed. One day Assault Rifle was the best choice and now it seems it doesnt (just look at the price of the Khaeler sleeve). And for those who will tell me: No IPR are useless dont give IPR... no use to tell anything we all know you didn t use some, couldn t you be happy if one of your guild friend play again his char cause he has had some IPR? If not, ok you can be proud to be mean enough for not being happy for those who will be happy to "repair" his long work char. Don t even want to have IPR fallng from the sky, i can even work to get some by quests or anything, i can pay creds for it but plz do anything!

Whoa, you had a totally screwed up character before IPR for whatever reason. Then you got IPR and 'fixed' your character. Then you broke you character again so you have to spend your remaining IPR points. Then you broke your character again. Becuase of trends? Stop following trends...

I broke a few characters too. But I learned the first time not to put IP into something I thought I'd have to reclaim.

Hahaha, at least there'll be someone I can beat in NW PvP

I'm really sorry, maybe we'll get IPR when the next Xpact comes.

facts are they will probably give IPR in the shadowlands, in order to get more people to buy it.

till then, no ipr fo you!

had to say something, after all it is my personal crusaid to keep IPR from being something people just use "because"... they are intended for NERF FIXES, that is all, nothing else.

give a player an inch and he will take a light year though
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I WANT TOTAL IPRESET POINTS PLEASE

/merry christmas all of u .
    /tell Oezcan

Cool Fun

Just a thought though wouldnt it be fun with unlimited ipr's.

just plain ol good fun nothing less nothing more
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Everyone is thinking in an all or nothing manner.
    Ok, lets say i have maxed several skills and I am happy with my character and all. Now comes NW, and I want to build a ql200 life guardian. so i need 600 in psychology. I wouldn't reset one of my skills to zero (+trickledown), but I would want remove some points (10, 15 or whatever) of my lesser needed skills and put them to psychology. So i have to use 1 IPR for severals skills, just to put lots of IP back to this skill.
    IPR points are fine for correcting mistakes you have done in a persistant world, where the rules don't change with every patch. But when rules change and not important skills become important, than we need either a full IP reset, or some other way to gain additional IP.
    Sihirbaz original level 200 NT of Die Neue Welt
    Proud member of Black Thorns

requests like this are going to be made everytime there is a patch and somebody wants to change skills -again- and they are out of IPR points. might as well just ask for infinite IPR points.

---

i kinda like AC2's idea of being able to reclaim skill points misspent as you gain as much xp as it took to raise those skill points.

for example, if it cost 53 ip to raise swimming from 136 to 137 and i find out that i need that i need those 53 ip, it would be nifty to get be able to reclaim them as i gain xp and only if i gain xp ( saved xp that is ). since lvl 200 people are still getting xp this won't leave them out.

if people want to try all kinds of different setups for their characters, fine. doing so will mean that you need to keep getting xp and leveling. the new changes to pvp brackets in NW has given people incentive not to raise too many levels. this will be incentive to keep leveling.

I think that a new Full IPR should given to us an X-Mas gift.

I have never played AC2 but their IPR system sounds interesting.
    "What most people need to learn in life
    is how to love people and use things
    instead of using people and loving things."

Proud Member of First Order

Yes i love the idea of christmas gift Btw it s true that IPR are not needed in a world where things dont change but in AO we have seen important skills poped from nowhere and when you got 0 IPR left like me this is quite boring ;/ More, ask any player, he will confirm you that it is very exciting to think to his high lvl char to renew his equip. AO is a cool game in term of skills in front of the other games like DAOC for example. So plz i know CZ is doing his christmas gifts for his RL family, but plz talk about that to the DEV team plz

A new round of IPR would be just great, as my engineer (zebox lvl131) completly missed out the last one due to some financial problems that collided with a trip abroad... came back just 2 days too late

Another round of IPR for christmas? Hell yes!
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

i got lucky

I got more ipr at lvl 150 which was nice because i was trying to build my guy into a nano crystal maker and then NW hit and i decided that if i wanted to have fun in the new game i had better reset those skills to make my guy some what effective in PvP.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Originally posted by Thyrra
    requests like this are going to be made everytime there is a patch and somebody wants to change skills -again- and they are out of IPR points. might as well just ask for infinite IPR points.

---

i kinda like AC2's idea of being able to reclaim skill points misspent as you gain as much xp as it took to raise those skill points.

for example, if it cost 53 ip to raise swimming from 136 to 137 and i find out that i need that i need those 53 ip, it would be nifty to get be able to reclaim them as i gain xp and only if i gain xp ( saved xp that is ). since lvl 200 people are still getting xp this won't leave them out.
    this is the only part of ac2 that i really liked ^^ i totally screwd up my character in beta but instead of remaking it i just went hunting got my skills reset and all was good i was one happy camper

but you know if fc coded this in after we xp our ip back there would be some sort of bug that lowered our skills and didnt give any ipr back wee when i think back about the ipr patch im scared ****less with all the bugs that come with each patch its hard to believe that full ipr worked for nearly everyone and didnt just reset our skills making us lose all our ip x_x
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

I think at level 200, you should basically be able to have infinite IPR points. Gives people at that level something to do, and will let them change their character with the game, as it has change multiple times since launch.

Until level 200, I think the 15 IPR points you are given makes sense.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

I think Funcom should give a full IPR to it's customers for a Holiday Gift

Lightbulb Hmmm

Under normal conditions I would agree with the people that say that IPR points should not be given out by FC for any little reason. If you screwed up your character, thats your problem...

... HOWEVER..

No one.. and I mean *NO ONE* (but maybe FC people) could have known what the requirements for certain Tower/Gaurdian/Turret types were going to be.. there is NO WAY people could have planned for that. For this reason and this reason alone I think FC should again give a 1 time full IPR or several individual IPR points.

For those of you that sit around on your throne of "Stop crying about IPR points.. you should not have used them up" you need to take a step back and look at what FunCom has done.

With the introduction of Notum Wars, Anarchy Online has changed a ton. And I dont mean just simple land control, Im talking about everything that Land Control effects. A major change in game mechanics such as land control has a ripple effect on the game itself.

For example... with the introduction of land control some people might now favor weapons with a longer range due to the 'open land' nature of warfare now. Prior to this, open land warfare was never really an issue, as pvp areas were somewhat contained because no one really fought anywhere besides 2ho and MMD. Sure.. zones existed in the game that were full 25% but not many took advantage of those areas.. most conflicts occured in MMD and 2ho... which were in the grand scheme of things, contained areas. This is just 1 example of a ripple type effect introduced by land control.

Someone pointed out earlier that some gaurdians take Psychology to build - which is true. Now I would like to meet 1 person in AO that raised Psychology for ANYTHING other than to put on Decranum armor (or to use an AggEnhancer - which most people use cuz theyve increased Psych for Decranum armor anyways). Decranum MK2 armor requires Psychology of 401.. so if you raised it to 401 to get the armor on you still need more Psychology to build one of the new gaurdians. I forget how much now, but I needed 600 or 600+ to build a QL200+ Gaurdian. I have been very careful about how I used IPR points, so this wasnt a problem for me, but it could be a huge problem for other people.

Again.. I normally agree with the people that want to keep FC from giving out new IPR points.. but TOO MUCH has changed with Notum Wars.

Empx
    200/Fixer/RK2

NO!!! NO IPR!!!!

If you werent prepared by saving 2 million XP left overs. its your fault your not ready for NW. If you messed up once, because you didnt know the rules, you should be gimped for life. If you get nerfed, and you need IPR, TOO BAD! Re-Roll!!! This will cause you to play the game longer and enjoy it more, And you can give FC some more money!
    NO MORE IPR!!!!

( This is FC's Motto when it comes to IPR )
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

i want total ipreset points !!

thats all...

We are the lifetime beta tester of the game and if FC needs to change rules we be able to ask for IPRs..
    /tell Oezcan

IPR!!!

With a huge addition like NW we should get an IPR. Before NW I never intended to PvP, so I didn't put much IP into long ranged weapons or tower related tradeskills. So a reset would help me to adjust my characters to take advantage of the new features.

I've read some say that those of us who want an IPR should have saved IP or somehow anticipate the need for these other skills and should just start a new character. But we've worked just as long on our characters as you people that are against the idea and don't want to have to throw away all of that time and effort just because FC adds/ changes something that makes a skill more or less useful. Also some of us don't have a huge amount of time to play and don't want to create and level up a new character, especially since by the time we get leveled up to where we were FC will probably have changed something else.

Those of you who are against a reset may not have any need to change anything, maybe you followed the strategy guides to the letter, but there are other people playing the game other than you and some of us would like to change some things. If you don't need a change fine, great, we're all impressed and thrilled with you, but what would it hurt to give others the chance.

Talking

Great post Teras
    Soon Xmas lets have some gifts plz
    Dear Santa,
    for Xmas i would like to have some IPR for my main i leveled for so much time that i lost my social and family life.
    I ve been working hard this year on him so plz accept my request

hehehe...if i dont get my total ipreset ill maybe go to trainingscamp and kill all leets whole day so that all the lvl1 n00bs cant reach lvl2

if all nts do the same at all other camps FC dont get new player :P

lol

i hate the evil sitting on my right shoulder ....
    /tell Oezcan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast