Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!Another IPR Thread!!

Good idea ! I really need to do a total IPR , cus im useing a x3 atm on my trader and i have .... ip in ..... Shotgun / Aim shot / Flingshot ( For ithaca's which i dont use now ) and i still have some ip in Pistol / multi ranged weapons ( For raids which i now dont use because of the -50% crit .... So all that is a waste of ip , so plzzzzzzzz just 1 day of total IPR and ill be happy

Thanks mc

Oh and i have no IPR left

Bump

Bump yeah plz give IPR for XMas!!!! or simply for NW !!! This has changed all!!!

dear santa claus where is my total IPreset?
    /tell Oezcan

Originally posted by Alias
    Whoa, you had a totally screwed up character before IPR for whatever reason. Then you got IPR and 'fixed' your character. Then you broke you character again so you have to spend your remaining IPR points. Then you broke your character again. Becuase of trends? Stop following trends...

I broke a few characters too. But I learned the first time not to put IP into something I thought I'd have to reclaim.

Hahaha, at least there'll be someone I can beat in NW PvP

I'm really sorry, maybe we'll get IPR when the next Xpact comes.
    Actually, I didn't break my char, Funcom just changed the game 17 times since Full IP Reset, so that skills I have has become useless (Shotgun, Aimedshot, Elect. Engineering, Weapon Smith i.e - crit nerf), while other skills I no longer have IP for is needed (i.e. Psychology to build towers).

IPR isn't about fixing a broken char. It's about being able to follow the constant changing in the game.

Change is good, if players are actually able to be change to follow it. I like change. I do not like change of the rules, but no possibility to change the way my char works.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

i want total IP reset points !!!!!!!!!
    /tell Oezcan

Originally posted by Alias
    Whoa, you had a totally screwed up character before IPR for whatever reason. Then you got IPR and 'fixed' your character. Then you broke you character again so you have to spend your remaining IPR points. Then you broke your character again. Becuase of trends? Stop following trends...

I broke a few characters too. But I learned the first time not to put IP into something I thought I'd have to reclaim.

Hahaha, at least there'll be someone I can beat in NW PvP

I'm really sorry, maybe we'll get IPR when the next Xpact comes.

I have never "broke" a character. I
    have only had FC break them.

as an MA

"Dont put IP into MArtial Arts dude!!!! THey are gonna nerf them!! Stop following the trend."
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

IPR are for wussies. Create an alt or save up several levels worth of IP. Even when NW came out, I still had 5 IPR points saved up.

Originally posted by zugs
    IPR are for wussies. Create an alt or save up several levels worth of IP. Even when NW came out, I still had 5 IPR points saved up.
    Great of you so now, what the prob to give IPR for those who are not as "wussie" as you?

To the people who are against IPR: Why are you so close-minded? In a game that changes as constantly as this one does, IPR should be obtainable. The game will always change: it has to in order to survive. The limited nature of change they allow us combined with the unlimited nature of change they put the game through is just like everything else in this game: OUT OF BALANCE.

.....and don't come here saying that obtainable IPR will create the "cookie-cutter" syndrome you all dread so much as you can blame the skill & breed caps for that one.
    .: Naraya :.

Well as a guy with a LVL 200 melee advent here is why I want an IPR:

First I was AR user, it was all good, but then they nerfed MA crits like UVC etc, and well AR was the ****z...so then I moved onto X-3, yeah that was pretty cool for an advent, not bad, but then they introduce the patch with the Ancient Advent Sword, and I think WoW something totally cool, worth doing melee for...so I wait a lil, then IPR to melee...been 50 lvls, hmm still no Ancient Advent Sword...then hmm wait, whats this...NW comes out and PvP is now ubah important, but wait, melee advents are just like cows out on the field, rooted, snared, blinded, and hey TARGET OUT OF RANGE, I can't hit anything. Oh yes, we got lovely new nanos to resist such things, but they don't work, funcom doesn't know it's own game, and forgot that adventurers have DARK EVIL BLUE nano resist, so like we would max that skill and go full defense.

So why do I want a full IPR? Well at lvl 200, I have 650k ip left, 9 melee skills that are maxed, yet totally totally useless in this game. Now sure, I can IPR that with my 9 remaining IPR points...but then guess what, my character has NO IPR left, and when FC decides to nerf advents more, maybe putting super high reqs on something I might want, and I have no IP for such, I am screwed.

So for those who think no IPR, think about those classes that got screwed because of MAJOR and yes the melee nerf is a MAJOR game play change.

Tell me how many MA's you see out on the field of battle these days? Tell me how many MA's you saw BEFORE that root/crit nerf? Yeah thought so...you know it, I know it, melee prof were nerfed. Enf only melee prof that can break roots. The professions that cast roots, ironically can cast root breakers...what's the deal with that

/rant off, gimme complete IPR!
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by zugs
    You may have all the time in the world to start your character(s) over again, but others of us don't. I see no reason why, when FC changes/ adds something drastic, my only options are to waste my time releveling or gimp myself by saving up several levels worth of IP. If this were just a minor addition, like the wen wen fix where I have to put points into ranged energy if I want to use it, then I wouldn't expect anything like a full IPR. But NW added quite a few things, not to mention that every patch since the last IPR has added or changed something.
    As I said before, if you people that are against an IPR are satisfied with your characters, then great, but what does it matter to you if someone else gets the chance to change something about theirs?

Big bump from me though it is futile. IPR would be great but i dont think they'll do it.Reason being is everyone they neutered with the crit nerf and every other nerf has figured out how to reskill their characters to be a viable force again.funcom dosen't want this ,to protect their warped PVP balance act.You see you will again be owning titles and people will cry and the nerfs will fly and the game will die.(personally its dead already FC just don't realize it yet.)FC is likened to a band of chimpanzees running a busy restaurant.Pity though I guess asking is the first step to no official answer.

IPR are for fixing toons when nerfed... I read someone saying there were 17 changes that effected his character since the full IPR, please list them.

The honest truth is that people out of IPR 99% of the time were "experimenting"... well that is NOT what they are for. They are for fixing your toon when Funcom breaks them.

But everyone picks the "uber of the week" weapon or skill... and guess what, when the nerf stick comes round it is normally directed at the "uber of the week"... so then they want more IPR.

IPR when there are enough changes to warrent them is ok... at this point there is not anyone that has yet to justify their use of a full IPR and 15 IPR's to boot.

basically deal with it if you are out. There will be more IPR some time, but you will have to wait boo f'n hoo.... oh and you will probably have to pay for your IPR in cash money (can you say expansion pack?)

So are people going to ask for class resets when they introduce two new classes? LOL

No IPR right now for any of j00

and I am happy about it.

For all the MA's out there, you dont need IPR, you need a fix, and it is in the works I am sure.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

No, i want more IPR's because my Total IPR got screwed up, and didnt reset my skills... i was told by a GM to use my normal IPR's to fix this problem, thus i would now like to claim back the IPR's that were stolen from me.

Originally posted by Yazule
    IPR are for fixing toons when nerfed... I read someone saying there were 17 changes that effected his character since the full IPR, please list them.

The honest truth is that people out of IPR 99% of the time were "experimenting"... well that is NOT what they are for. They are for fixing your toon when Funcom breaks them.

But everyone picks the "uber of the week" weapon or skill... and guess what, when the nerf stick comes round it is normally directed at the "uber of the week"... so then they want more IPR.

IPR when there are enough changes to warrent them is ok... at this point there is not anyone that has yet to justify their use of a full IPR and 15 IPR's to boot.

basically deal with it if you are out. There will be more IPR some time, but you will have to wait boo f'n hoo.... oh and you will probably have to pay for your IPR in cash money (can you say expansion pack?)

So are people going to ask for class resets when they introduce two new classes? LOL

No IPR right now for any of j00

and I am happy about it.

For all the MA's out there, you dont need IPR, you need a fix, and it is in the works I am sure.
    Now this time I have to disagree with you on IPR, Yazule. I think reset points were created for people to change around their character a little with. I mean, why else give people more at every title level. Your theory would imply FC plans to break people's characters every title level

However, reset points were create to change your character A LITTLE. Obviously, they were not made so you could follow every flavor of the week every week. If they were created with that purpose, people would be receiving a reset point every level..

There hasn't been a single good reason I've seen to have a full reset yet. The first one was backed up by excellent reasons: changes to skill's ip requirements for some professions and the people that lost IP due to bugs. But that hasn't happened.

People in this thread are saying things like "Well I hadn't planned on doing tradeskills but now I want to make towers". Erm, what about the people that did plan on using tradeskills and invested in them? Now there's a reward for their diligence and you want to take it away from them by flipping a switch?

People in this thread are also saying things like "I hadn't planned on PvPing so I need IPR". Why? So you can pick up the latest PP weapon skillset. Not only are you doing the exact same thing that wasted your original regular reset points (which makes no sense to me at all) but you're perpetuating something worse: PvP twinks. If everyone involved in tower pvp is almost exactly alike, how much fun would tower PvP be? I think it's actually a good thing that there are 'normal' characters involved in PvP now. Hell, I'm having fun and I'm prolly one of the most ill-suited for PvP traders there is (I'm currently wielding an OT Limb Bow )
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

i dont need to repeat all arguments that has been posted in this thread. i want total ipr

BUMP this
    /tell Oezcan

Thx

Thx for your support guy, this is true, this is a real problem. Another argument may be that it will permit to reintroduce so characters ingame. And finally i won t play anymore a char if he is wasted by nerfs and changes nor reroll either so do something plz

wow, I love the way you think Myself. Count me in.

If they are not going to listen, lets make em.
    War is Hell.

Heya dudes and dudettes

AO is supposed to be around for minimum 4 years or something.

What was the chances that the very first char u made at release should be good today? Zero We got IP reset, w00t!

What are the chances that our characters will be as good as they are today, one year from now? Well that would have to be Zero too. Why? Because FC changes stuff so drasticly that we need new IPR's about once a year.

Closing in on the second year soon..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12