Thread: make nanos crit!

make nanos crit!

all other types of attacks crit, except for my NT nanos, its only fair that NTs also get some crits,
    Xolinlevh 202 NT Armor
    owner of 2x qual 108 freedom arms notum! and member of The Black Hand
    now wielding a qual 200 freedom arms G2!!!

Recoil04 158 agent Armor

Frankly, rather than get crits I'd rather we just didn't get any fumbles. Fumbles have got to be one of the most aggravating things of nano attack users, because not only do we lose the cycle, but we spend our limited nano and get nothing for it.

I don't know who came up with the idea of nano fumbles, but it just makes no sense to me. Mobs can already counter our nanos (which is an evades check, so equivalent to missing with other attacks), and in addition we have this very limited nano supply which no other prof has to deal with on their main attack. Adding fumbles on top, is quite literally, a killer.

Yeah no more fumbles

While your on that get rid of misses for ranged and melee users, also parrys on special attacks, it sucks when ya lose an attack like that.

Ok all sarcasm aside, I can see the plight of the NT in regards to wasting nano's. Mayhaps they could make a NT only nano charger that would give the NT with only nano skills a hand, make it so that it cant be used on chars that use guns or other weps. Would make the Pure NT viable atleast in some way, just an idea.

Jagdtyger

Lordtritoch executes One Mind, One Purpose in your NCU.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

They will never give nano's the ability to crit.... Dunno why, but it isn't going to happen....

As for fumbling? Something needs to be done...like removing them from the game altogether. Consider:

To a weapon, there are hits, crits, specials, misses, and reloads.
    To a nano, there are hits, counters, interruptions, fumbles, and recharging.

Seems biased towards weapons....and they want me to drop my rifle for some Cyberdeck? LOL.
    .: Naraya :.

NT's can do a lot of damage though, that is the only argument for all the negative aspects that i can see. fumbles make sense, and both MP's and NT's get some counter-fumble items and nanos, so let that one go. i think crits for attack nanos might be okay, but remember that the mobs would get them too. how about suddenly loosing most of your hp to some stupid mob that does a nano crit on you?

Oh, and docs should get critical heals

-Dal
    Dalmatia - 207 Eng Board Member of The Vigil
    Rostislav - 180 Doc
    And more alts than I'd care to admit to
    1700 total dings and counting

fumbles.

Fumbles are out of hand. Since 14.7 i fumble at lest 2-3 times on every mob. I dont use the best coolint sink but i do not think this would make much of a difference. Also since they have increased the rate at which mobs counter my nuke why not just do away with fumbles.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Get rid of fumbles or at least reduce how often they occur... at least any NT has to enjoy lag
    "waiting for nanoprogramm to finish"
    xyz hit you for 150 melee damage
    xyz hit you for 200 melee damage Critical Hit
    You got healed for 320
    xyz hit you for 150 melee damage
    executing Nanoprogramm you fumbled
    xyz2 attacks you
    xyz hit you for 148 melee damage
    xyz2 hits you for 194 poison damage Critical Hit
    not enough NCU to execute Nullity Sphere
    xyz hit you for 100 melee damage
    xyz2 hit you for 130 poison damage
    Your bodily remains will be made available in 200 seconds

/me Sits here and waits for better times
    Nopex NanoTechnican Rimor
    Oh great and mighty Devs, stay thine nurf bat. Insted into thine C++ codex and shower forth love and cool items apon my profession. Oh Great Devs, I beesheche thee! Bring forth love apon my profession, so that all thine other creations might know thine glory, and not laff whence i call out 'I am Not a gimp!'
    Amen -Steppenrazor

Thank God i never fumbled a heal

Originally posted by Sexidoc
    Thank God i never fumbled a heal
    Yeah, now that is interesting. I've never fumbled a heal either: as a doc or a an MA; on myself or casting on anyone else. For which we are all HUGELY thankful.

I have, though, as a doc fumbled poison attacks. So its not that nanocasting necessarily is too taxing, but only only casting hostile nanos is. Gotta be some sort of moral conditioning. I'm just gonna have to work harder on that desocializing programme.

it's not a rp diffenence, its a functional issue. if heals failed, a lot of people would die. it's not so much a continous thing, so the averages don't work out the way that they do for nano attackers. please don't encourage fc to add healing fumbles... i'm sure they wouldn't but that last argument goes either way...

Nanos crit? Hello?

I demand never to brawl for 20, never hit for 30 and never dimach for 100 again.

Never ever!

Oh the crazed people, what the hell are you smoking?

Hmm, do we all want a "start fight" button where everything is done and as long as we are within the level range, we beat the mob every time? The idea of crits and fumbles is to add the ****E to the game! I seldom fumble my MQ.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich