Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "real" reason why I left Legion

"real" reason why I left Legion

(because http://letah.ff.net/reason.jpg was a quite 1-sided and ignorant one)

Atremis and Tanis already knew the full details so they can stop reading after this sentence

It all goes back to when NW Béta was out, where 99% of Trinity left to the beta. Still was playing Letah, with her I camped camelots for weeks and weeks straight and we got some great loot. Camelot raids ended with the beta because the guild wasnt online on live nearly. I stayed because I preferred live and tried to camp whatever I still could with the small force of Trinity people left. Many times I asked, begged for people to logout beta and go on live just to kill that 18hourly mob or to fight-out a mass pvp war (edit: for others I might add, not for my own inventory), always failed with comments that beta was more fun. Fine, too bad, its a pain but okay.

Now the beta people returned, Trinity full again, full force camping uniques again, all nice and dandy and Letah joined happely with them. All fine !

I got, after weeks of saving my dragon chets for Lyphae and power-levels her, finally something else to do then camping and pvp! All fine, but:

Beta came out, Legion formed, some Ex TC-ers join like Noer, Demi, Auno. New guild in their eyes but I still see it was a few joiners and a new name. Hey, site was still the same too even, people too, aside from some new people. This is where things got into a downfall; I of course didnt raid along, playing Lyphae and all. Thinking I had done enough in the past time (read above..). Oh my, I was very wrong. In the past few weeks:
    - I got commanded to participate a raid because I never did ****
    - I got told to log Letah because they need a doc, "XP is irrelevant"
    - People (especially the new ones) said I never did anything

This already made me agitated; I asked for THEIR help during beta and received none, which was fine because they were having fun. Now I couldnt have fun with Lyphae? After a lil convo on IRC chat todat the last straw broke because I was told to:
    - You cant place towers, you need to particpate to earn that
    - You didnt do anything, this is a new guild, so what you did in Trinity doesnt matter

Now sorry, but all those armour and items I see people wearing in Legion, who think who helped getting that? Did I ever ASK for an item you people camped during my time on Lyphae? Not really. Do I want to place a single tower? Yes, of course I do, but hey, I have no right placing one because I never did ****.

It's of course always "funny" to see people twist the facts on guildchat after I left, especially if you see that the people saying that are the new people.

Noer also replied to my post in Legion forums ( http://legion.p15110817.pureserver.i...=&threadid=957 )

Im gonna comment a bit on that.

First of all, Legion is not Trinity. I think you pretty much missed the point with this guild and didn't read this post. Pretty much explains what this guild is about and what you didn't want to participate in.

You make it sound like we are forcing you to go pvp to get right to place a tower. In a sense yes, since land doesn't come automatically. You can't expect that the guild is gonna remove towers just so you can place them, or go into war just so you can place towers when you refuse to take part in those events yourself.

Participating in events and meeting the other people other places than NLC roof or over a boss in Broken Shores is what makes a guild. It creates common spirit, makes friends and give the people options to work together who doesn't normally do. How well you perform at events isn't that important, taking part does. It shows you are willing in helping getting the guild moving.

And a final comment on the whole Trinity <> Legion thing. Sorry to say, no stuff that you did for Trinity in the past doesn't weight much in the new guild. And because you are grumpy for people entering beta instead of helping you getting stuff in Trinity has really no place in Legion.

So sumarizing, I think you are right. Legion isn't the right place for you. Good luck out there.

Think what you want, decide for yourself, I just wanted to tell the people the real reason, instead of the one thats been told on the screeny.
    Last edited by Letah; Dec 12th, 2002 at 16:24:23.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

You should come join First Order! :P

We love playing our alts as much as our mains!

Plus, bow MA's are just cool.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Ty

To add a few "nice" quotes after I left:

{Moderator: Please respect the privacy of private messages, at least when quoting on this bulletin board.}
    Edit by Letah:
    (@Atremis) lets look at what we *REALLY* lost here. We lost someone who 1) doesnt come to raids 2) xxxxxxxxxxx 3) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 4) says that gd word huggle

(georg) having it on our public forums is ok, but on the ao boards is just plain wrong , end of topic

(and thus closed my thread, which was first moved to where only Legion members could read it)
    Last edited by Letah; Dec 12th, 2002 at 17:03:37.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

*smacks Jannerik upside his head*
    Yuck!
    *washes dirt from his hands with some FO brand Notum Soap(tm)*
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Letah
    Ty

To add a few "nice" quotes after I left:

4) says that gd word huggle
    We have a few that do that, we have yet to decide our official position on the word "huggle", I think camps are evenly split...

We're always looking for a few extras who don't mind helping out a bit, but we don't officially require anything from our members.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Originally posted by Dropcid

We have a few that do that, we have yet to decide our official position on the word "huggle", I think camps are evenly split...

We're always looking for a few extras who don't mind helping out a bit, but we don't officially require anything from our members.

-D
    Thanks for the invitation, but most of my friends went to TBH, some out of Legion because, as you can see from Atremis' post, they dont care about having friends in the guild, they need raid-people, and thus value people at that. It's okay, they can think/do that, but thats not my place to stay.

And jannerik, no I still want to UBT you

They are already starting to ban/kick my friends from IRC:

<DrCam> [16:41] * You were kicked from #Legion by georg (how true is this? just get it over with? (banned))
    <Xp|red> -16:34:38- » Kick: (Xp|red) was kicked by (Noer|away) (I recommend you see a therapist ·16·)

Funny, as I only showed them this post.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

BFD.

Yup, we made this guild because half of Trinity was inactive, we wanted to take down new uniques and stuff..
    A big issue was activity.

Obviously you missed the point of why we made this guild.

You didnt come to a single guild raid.
    You didnt take part in a single "Tower war".

Stop making such a big fuzz out of this.

Heh, LETAH, dear!

I have been offline for a bit. Started playing again now, and thought heck, I want to be with friends. And loads of my former guildies were in Legion, so I applied on their forums. Now I read this, enter irc to tell them to cancel my application, and the first thing to happen is "[16:41] * You were kicked from #Legion by georg (how true is this? just get it over with? (banned))"

No shot at even telling them I think they were unfair to Letah.

Oh well, Legion can have their "ooberness" to themself. I don't want to be "managed" by a group of unfair power-hungry dorks.

LETAH, you have my support!

And you have my guess that there will be more people leaving Legion

Thanks for the invitation, but most of my friends went to TBH, some out of Legion because, as you can see from Atremis' post, they dont care about having friends in the guild, they need raid-people, and thus value people at that. It's okay, they can think/do that, but thats not my place to stay.
    Woo Hoo! Close enough. We are allies with TBH, so it works out well.
    -= First Order =-

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

they dont care about having friends in the guild, they need raid-people, and thus value people at that.
    Actually, the only reason why I'm in Legion, is because pretty much everyone in here are my friends, and I'm sure pretty much everyone feels that way. Hell, its logical when you join a guild.

Hell, if we were only looking for raid active people, we'd invite Gmuptor.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see this discussion ended peacefully before it spins out of control.

Letah, can we just lay this to rest now?
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally posted by Rznr

Actually, the only reason why I'm in Legion, is because pretty much everyone in here are my friends, and I'm sure pretty much everyone feels that way. Hell, its logical when you join a guild.

Hell, if we were only looking for raid active people, we'd invite Gmuptor.
    Yes, Thats why Atremis said you (as in guild) didnt loose anything, because there was no friendship? I actually *agree* with Atremis, because lately that has been the atmosphere; and I wasn't the only one that felt it. I tried sticking with the guild hoping for better times, but sadly, they didnt come so it was time to leave.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

ugh

hmm lets see you get ordered to log your main in because "xp don't matter"

you get told you don't contribute

etc etc

if that is how friends act i don't want those kind of friends, might just be me though

the fact that someone has fun leveling and not in wars/raids all the time should not be a factor in seeing a person as "not participating" letah is more in game than just about anyone else i know, so saying she is not active is complete bull****

if that's what legion is becoming i wish you good luck in there because that's certainly not why i join a squad i like to have fun with friends without getting ordered around to do things i do not consider fun

Morianda/Natasja/Mortisia and others

I tried sticking with the guild hoping for better times, but sadly, they didnt come so it was time to leave.
    I'm sorry that you chose to not join us at raids. Everyone who has come has so far said that they have been fun.

Again, I'm asking that this be stopped because one-sided views are being aired here. There is no meaningful discussion going on here. Finger-pointing is not serving anyone's best interests, so please, let's end it.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Im not going to comment directly since some of the above comments directed at legion by ppl replying to this post are generally unfounded since they dont know the situations nor do they know the people in the guild itself and thus are unqualified to comment upon us.

I understand Legions position... I understand Letahs.

Im not happy though. I cant be happy either way. However I think Im conflicted between a group of people who I call friends and a person I call friend.

Basically though this shouldnt be discussed or commented upon by people who werent at the actual event of Letah leaving. Its an internal Legion matter and as such shouldnt really be open to discussion by people who are not privy to all instances of the leadup to this.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Originally posted by Atremis

I'm sorry that you chose to not join us at raids. Everyone who has come has so far said that they have been fun.

Again, I'm asking that this be stopped because one-sided views are being aired here. There is no meaningful discussion going on here. Finger-pointing is not serving anyone's best interests, so please, let's end it.
    To prevent 1-sided views I quoted Noer's reply, un-edited to my first post as well, also I made sure not to reply or verdict Noer's post, to give a 2-sides story; Noer and mine. I invite you to tell your part, I won't change facts or quote only parts of it bringing it out of context. Why? This post was not meant as dicussion, but merely informing the people that I value as my friends before the 1-sided view from Legion's part is made public, tarnishing my name. See the comments by Auno in the screeny as an example.

I want to prevent that, so thats why I made this post. And it will stay.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Letah has been and always wil be a very good ingame friend of mine... morianda and letah helped me from the mid level 120's and so i owe them alot.

I can see both sides in this and standing back i suppose both sides are right. So what does Tami do?

*has to have a good think*

..... i suppose ill have to decide when i get home.
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

Did I take my leave to the boards here?

I'm almost sure that I'm not gonna join legion back with my "main" now...

Ill stick with TBH... I lost contact due to the stupid 150+ rule...

Yes I have bodysnatch ... and yes I don't play him anymore cos there's no **** to be done on him... except level for 200 ... where's the fun in that?

But I don't think this should be on the boards like this ...

you're obviously trying to make others believe Legion are a bunch of A-holes ... and don't go denying that fact...

Kinda appalled about the way this has been put up on the boards ... try n work things out personally please...

kinda childish...

/edit: LOL now I'm truly convinced ... pathetic ... your sig... jeez

my 2 cents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast