Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omnis invade Clan territory

""Our land" ??? Rubi-Ka in its entirety was owned by Omni-Tek. The clans used terrorism to force Omni-Tek to offering treaties to protect its loyal people."

Keyword: was...
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Good Point!

Good point mate! Was! We resisted OmniTek's cruel treatment, which of course their propaganda now calls "terrorism", and you blame US for it? Ok mate, as long as we have the lands, you can think whatever you want to think, but as long as we have the lands, stay out of them.

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

WRONG!

The Tir Accord clearly states what is and what isn't considered clan controled area. Perpetual wastes are not listed as clan controled and there for is by default Omni controled.

So you say to heck with the Tir Accord. Well then by the Tir accord you have step outside the agreement and then nolonger fall under the protection of the CoT.

You are then subject to all OT laws.

OT dosen't like criminals ... some times we shoot them.

er No

I never said to heck with the Tir Accord. I have no idea what you are talking about. Perpetual Wastelands is surrounded by clan areas, but if you want to get technical, it is neutral territory, though we heavily influence it and it might as well be our territory. Either way, to get there, you had to go through us, which would still b armed invasion. I don't care if OmniTek wants to shoot their criminals. I'm not a criminal because I haven't broken a law. So I reiterate- Stay Out of OUR lands.

sorry

There are no non-clan non-OT areas.

All thoose areas not under Clan control are be default under OT control visa ve the Tir Accords.

Look it up ... I'm not joshing you.

Re: sorry

Originally posted by Rolller
    There are no non-clan non-OT areas.

All thoose areas not under Clan control are be default under OT control visa ve the Tir Accords.

Look it up ... I'm not joshing you.
    Actually, if you want to get technical, it says “any personnel not affiliated with either Omni-Tek or the Council is considered under Omni-Tek control, and subject to Omni-Tek law.”. Personnel being the key word here. It does not say territory.

However, it does say in the Territorial Division section that although Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, Newland will be left to the Council of Truth to supervise. It goes on later to amend that the Council must grant Newland City “neutral status”. Regardless, the other areas within Newland belong to the Clans. Beyond a standard security force set up in Meetmedere for the sole purpose of containing local wildlife, Omni has no legal rights to step outside of Newland City and into Newland.

I urge all Clan members that affiliate themselves with the Council of Truth to cease fighting and pull out of Sabulum, as it is not Clan territory. Let them pick a fight somewhere else.

All those claiming to be ‘neutral’ residents of that area should allow Omni-Tek to peacefully conduct their search so that they can find what they’re looking for and move on. It’s in all side’s interest that any presence of the Dust Brigade be discovered, if indeed any is there.

Likewise, as Mort is currently the only way into Perpetual Wastelands, no Omni-Tek employee/citizen (beyond an official peacekeeping force) should be found traveling to the Perpetual Wastelands, as travel through Mort (which is Clan territory) is required and thus a violation of the Tir Accords. In other words, if you’re an Omni-Tek employee and you’re traveling to the Perpetual Wastelands to sightsee or grab a bit of action via travel through Mort, you’re violating the law. Don’t be surprised if you’re stopped by Council authorities requesting to see official documentation establishing you as part of the Omni-Tek peacekeeping force.

You will be able to provide it, won’t you?

As a side note, I think “neutral status” needs to be more clearly defined, and if I were a Neutral I would rapidly request that more information be provided before some Omni zealot begins claiming you as theirs.

wierd thing

If the Clans have no right to be there, why did the council drop guards there, apparently with ICC allowance?

just wondering

If you're talking about any Council troops recently sent to Sabulum, there are a few sections in the Tir Accords that state that Omni-Tek and the Council should mutually investigate any violations of the Accords, especially the result of "any hostile action towards legally present Omni-Tek personnel by the Council and affiliated troops". Keep in mind that the Accords allow Omni-Pol to run routine investigations inside Council-allocated districts in the interest of national security.

In other words, if Omni-Pol runs an investigation in Sabulum because they believe there are ties to the Dust Brigade there, and they're met by hostile action... both Omni-Tek and the Council are encouraged to send officially sanctioned personnel to jointly investigate this obvious violation of the Tir Accords.

Of course, any representatives from Omni-Tek and the Clans that are not officially sanctioned by their respective governments should vacate the area. Continued unauthorized presence is only making things worse for both sides.

uhm...

Gyson what I said was true. I wasn't refering to item 1 of the General Framework.

What I was refering to is annex a1 territorial claims, item 1 and 2. Item one lays out what territories the CoT controls. Item two then defines the rest as belonging to OT

Your interpretation of the use of the word "personnel" is just that ... an interpretation. To an Omni like me that seams to mean that all thoose not affiliated with the CoT.

As far as travel to the perpetual wastes I feel this is covered in many areas in the Tir Accord. Omni is allowed to transport Notum from mines without molestation and OT is allowed to have security at all mining facilities. Who is to say if that Omni traveling through isn't on his way to repair a broken system in PW ... or on his way to work at a mine?

well

no mines in PW, and anyways Omni needs to abandon mines in Clan Territory (annex2 I think) and keep their military out.

Side note 1, are there any of these aside from TLR?

Side note 2, Omni Base in Avalon seems in direct conflict with the accords as they stand.

/ooc
    Right where is everyone getting this?

Uwen

nvm removed because I found out the answer
    Uwen

Re: uhm...

Originally posted by Rolller

As far as travel to the perpetual wastes I feel this is covered in many areas in the Tir Accord. Omni is allowed to transport Notum from mines without molestation and OT is allowed to have security at all mining facilities. Who is to say if that Omni traveling through isn't on his way to repair a broken system in PW ... or on his way to work at a mine?
    Who is to say he isn't on his way to attack? This is all ... semantics.

I for one will not molest OT personnel on legitimate business in Neutral or contested areas. I also do not attack civilians, or conduct myself dishonorably in other ways.

However, a squad of OT lasersnipers within close walking distance to Tir ... may not survive to report in. OT, Neutral, and Clan personnel alike have to understand the risks they take whenever travelling in contested or un-affiliated areas.

<OOC: If I had a dollar for every 'Fresh OT Something-or-other" I've smacked down around Tir, I wouldn't be at work right now!>

There are extremists on both sides of the political coin who will attack for no other reason than affiliation. No piece of paper like the Tir Accords will put a stop to that. Only internal policing can, and it stops nothing forever. Kill one terrorist and three more rise up to take his place.

OT, a question. If Omni-Tek is so great, why do so many choose Clan or Neutral affiliation? Have you examined your philosophies? What is wrong with your policies that they cause so much dissent?

- Sllaagor
    Clan Atrox Enforcer

(/ooc I love collecting the little cards you get off of em. I got loads now. Its like a record )

It says in the Tir Accord, if you will not understand anything else, that the areas you would have to go through to get to Sabulum, even if it is OT or neutral, is clan controlled. The CoT did *not* sanction your police force, thus, it is illegal by your own law to come there.

Uwen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123